New earnings structure for Contributors

On 5/29/2020 at 4:54 PM, samoyloff said:

Most sales are from these packages. Not only because they're most popular (even according to SS the 350 one is the most popular, and every studio I know gets 350 or 750), but also because of the share in the sales.

Are those startistics somewhere online? Or is that based on SS trying to 'sell' that as 'most populair'?

I guess we will find out in the first months. I'll just wait to jugde until I see my earnings...

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In an email that is going out today, we are announcing that we will be updating the earnings structure that determines how much you get paid when customers license your work. We are making this adjust

This is just a joke. 10 years with SS and now I'll be getting 20% commission on my footage clips??? No lifetime sales tier, just what you sold last year/this year.... To get to the curr

This space will be updated to address frequently asked questions.  My email shows different counts for videos than are shown above. Which is correct? Apologies. The email to video contributo

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, shufu photoexperience said:

Their salaries are still here???

This looks like a typical post-communist fraud scheme of extracting money, destroying a company and forcing workers to the streets in favor of several managers. Seen countless times in all post-communist countries.

yet that happens regularly in capitalist democracy... CEO lays of massive workers.. get fat bonuses 

42 minutes ago, TBT Honest said:

Im good with SS new earnings change, I trust Shutterstock that they had no other choice but to do it, I have zero respect for contributors trashing Shutterstock online, on social media and in this forum and I think everyone that does it should be banned for life from SS.

Show some respect for the guys that put in tons of work for you to have a platform to sell your work in times when it’s heading straight to Unlimited free downloads, SS is doing it’s best to provide good sales EVERY SINGLE DAY !

Chill ! The entire world is on its knees with all this Corona Virus and you go around shaming SS ????????? Calling to ban them ???? 

10 cents minimus per sub? Work hard, be original, explore and I guarantee you’ll make 1 million sales a year. WORK HARD !  Work Harder !

90% of the negative comments here are from small lazy portfolios, SS Said in the email they want to reward hard working contributors and this is a great idea. 

If you’re here to make money, there is plenty! Plenty to make, Just put in the effort.

What other choice did SS have ? take a deep breath and think about it, look around, read the map and thank god every morning for SS.

People started posting financial reports (I read all of them when they come out) stating they have this much and that much, I wish SS will go back to the glory days of higher stock price, they deserve it, its an amazing platform with amazing people putting an amazing amount of hard work for you to be able to do what you love and get paid on time and run it like clock work. SHOW SOME RESPECT ! 

And for the love of god, the Levels are perfectly balanced, wanna go level 6? Do you want SS to create a level 7 just for you? WORK FOR IT ! 

I think SS should remove any account that also sell at these “unlimited” sites, that is giving SS a bad name.

Long live SHUTTERSTOCK, a fair, welcoming and professional company.

Shutterstock is doing the right thing for them and for US.

I don’t work for SS (I wish I did, honestly).

I don’t know anyone that works for SS.

I am a contributor just like you, Not a top contributor but not a small one.

@Kate Shutterstock

Yes, you are right… but don't forget to eat you medicine… 

Shutterstock

Contributor Account Info Changed  

Hi Richard,

This is a confirmation that the Shutterstock contributor account information listed below has been changed:

•  Shutterstock Image sales permission

If you did not make these changes, please contact Shutterstock Contributor Support immediately.

Thanks,

Shutterstock Contributor Support Team

Well, isn't this sad? 

My first post on this forum probably turns out to be my last!

There is nothing I can say that hasn't already been said by my fellow contributors. However, for my own satisfaction I wish to make clear to Shutterstock, that along with my fellow contributors, I find your actions to be utterly disgraceful and disgusting!!!

46 minutes ago, TBT Honest said:

Im good with SS new earnings change, I trust Shutterstock that they had no other choice but to do it, I have zero respect for contributors trashing Shutterstock online, on social media and in this forum and I think everyone that does it should be banned for life from SS.

Show some respect for the guys that put in tons of work for you to have a platform to sell your work in times when it’s heading straight to Unlimited free downloads, SS is doing it’s best to provide good sales EVERY SINGLE DAY !

Chill ! The entire world is on its knees with all this Corona Virus and you go around shaming SS ????????? Calling to ban them ???? 

10 cents minimus per sub? Work hard, be original, explore and I guarantee you’ll make 1 million sales a year. WORK HARD !  Work Harder !

90% of the negative comments here are from small lazy portfolios, SS Said in the email they want to reward hard working contributors and this is a great idea. 

If you’re here to make money, there is plenty! Plenty to make, Just put in the effort.

What other choice did SS have ? take a deep breath and think about it, look around, read the map and thank god every morning for SS.

People started posting financial reports (I read all of them when they come out) stating they have this much and that much, I wish SS will go back to the glory days of higher stock price, they deserve it, its an amazing platform with amazing people putting an amazing amount of hard work for you to be able to do what you love and get paid on time and run it like clock work. SHOW SOME RESPECT ! 

And for the love of god, the Levels are perfectly balanced, wanna go level 6? Do you want SS to create a level 7 just for you? WORK FOR IT ! 

I think SS should remove any account that also sell at these “unlimited” sites, that is giving SS a bad name.

@Kate Shutterstock

no, not just like us. there's no idiots here

2 minutes ago, Polozov arts said:
50 minutes ago, TBT Honest said:

@Kate Shutterstock

Rubbish.  Has no portfolio.

17 minutes ago, Przemek Iciak said:

You just joined with no portfolio to write this? Haha that's sad. Get a life 

15 minutes ago, Rudy Matchinga said:

1 hour ago, TBT Honest said:

@Kate Shutterstock

Wow! How much did you get from them to say that?

Btw same copy/paste from several "members" 🤣 

Can't even be realistic!

Fake News is back 🤣

Я гарний із зміною нових заробітків на SS, я довіряю Shutterstock, що у них не було іншого вибору, крім того, як це зробити, у мене нульова повага до дописувачів, які торкають Shutterstock в Інтернеті, в соціальних мережах та на цьому форумі, і я думаю, що всі, хто це робить, повинні бути заборонені життя від СС.

Проявіть певну повагу до хлопців, які вкладають тони роботи, щоб мати платформу, щоб продавати свою роботу в часи, коли він прямує до Безмежних безкоштовних завантажень, SS робить все, що найкраще забезпечити хороші продажі КОЖНІЙ ДЕНЬ!

Застуда! Весь світ стоїть на колінах з усім цим вірусом Корона, і ви їдете навколо, соромлячись СС ????????? Закликаючи заборонити їх ???? 

10 центів мінімум за суб? Працюйте наполегливо, будьте оригінальні, досліджуйте, і я гарантую, що ви будете робити мільйон продажів на рік. ВАЖКО ПРАЦЮВАТИ !   Працюй старанніше !

90% негативних коментарів тут з невеликих лінивих портфелів, SS Said в електронному листі хочуть нагородити працьовитих співробітників, і це чудова ідея. 

Якщо ви тут, щоб заробити гроші, є багато! Багато зробити, Просто докладіть зусиль.

Який ще вибір мав SS?  зробіть глибокий вдих і подумайте, огляньтесь, прочитайте карту і дякуйте богу щоранку за СС.

Люди почали публікувати фінансові звіти (я читаю їх усіх, коли вони виходять), вказуючи, що у них цього є багато, і я хочу, щоб СС повернувся до днів слави вищою ціною акцій, вони цього заслуговують, її дивовижна платформа з дивовижною люди прикладають для вас дивовижну кількість важкої роботи, щоб мати можливість робити те, що любите, і отримувати заробітну плату вчасно, і запускати це як роботу годинника. ПОКАЗУЙТЕ ДЕЯКУ ВІДПОВІДЬ! 

А для любові до бога Рівні ідеально збалансовані, хочете пройти рівень 6? Ви хочете, щоб СС створив рівень 7 саме для вас? РОБОТА ДЛЯ ІТ! 

Я думаю, що СС повинен видалити будь-який обліковий запис, який також продається на цих "необмежених" сайтах, тобто SS дає невірне ім'я.

Хай живе SHUTTERSTOCK, чесна, привітна та професійна компанія.

Shutterstock робить все правильно і для них, і для США.

Я не працюю в СС (хотілося б, щоб це зробили, чесно).

Я не знаю нікого, хто працює для SS.

Я - учасник, як і ви, не найкращий, але не маленький.

@Kate Shutterstock

Show your portfolio, please!

@Kate Shutterstock

Troll alert.

@Kate Shutterstock

Your post only show that you don't have any respect for colleagues, for your work even for yourself.

2 hours ago, TBT Honest said:

@Kate Shutterstock

By your statements you are just a small fry that has no real clue on how the business works. I make over 50k/yearly from selling stock,  (Shutter is only a very tiny percentage of that) from stock through the last 11 years. I have a tiny know-how on how to succeed and make a living in this business. What is proposed now is a huge blow to the income to 95% of contributors , small and large. No, the "you will make it up in volume" and "work harder" arguments have been all been said before. What happens is just the contrary. Just learn a little about corporate talk so you can read between the lines.......Don't believe me? Next year June first you compare your sales with last year and let's see how supportive you are then to your past affirmations.

3 hours ago, TBT Honest said:

@Kate Shutterstock

Just one question. If you're just a small contributor, how can you guarantee that with effort we will make on million downloads a year? 

Oh, one post in the forums. No portfolio to show. 

Promising. Drop us a message when you reach the million downloads we, lazy people, won't reach because we don't put enough effort.

Somehow I need to "thank" Shutterstock. I was quite happy so far with the situation and it was fun seeing earnings increasing overtime. I am just an amateur and don't really do it for the money. I liked being a contributor with this company for the structure they had in place. As a consequence, that made me reluctant and maybe lazy to spread out to other microstock agency. But the new policy now motivates me very much to invest that additional time and get me out of my chair. But unfortunately also to stop contributing images to Shutterstock...

15 minutes ago, Martin Erdniss said:

Still lots of active ports posting here. The "signal" at June 1st seems to become not as drastic as the first reactions promised to.

Most contributors will play along, as planned and foreseen by the decision makers - very disappointing indeed.

It's still May.

Sorry People, but Shutterstock this is not fair and I think Shutterstock will be loose some or more Contributor. I made perfect and rare Footage,  just reached nearly 10K$, think Shutterstock made a good income with my Portfolio. So and now you are so ungentle, you will make more Money with my Portfolio and not thinking of the hard work some of the Contributors made for you?  Not fair!!!

1 hour ago, Martin Erdniss said:

Still lots of active ports posting here. The "signal" at June 1st seems to become not as drastic as the first reactions promised to.

Most contributors will play along, as planned and foreseen by the decision makers - very disappointing indeed.

Disabling your portfolio takes time.