Jump to content

New earnings structure for Contributors


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In an email that is going out today, we are announcing that we will be updating the earnings structure that determines how much you get paid when customers license your work. We are making this adjust

This is just a joke. 10 years with SS and now I'll be getting 20% commission on my footage clips??? No lifetime sales tier, just what you sold last year/this year.... To get to the curr

This space will be updated to address frequently asked questions.  My email shows different counts for videos than are shown above. Which is correct? Apologies. The email to video contributo

Posted Images

Well, I did a mistake, when around 60 hours ago I wanted to check how "Licensing options" switchs works. So i turned it off and after on. But now, when I want really swich Licensing options off, the system indicates "You have changed your settings too many times today. Please try again later.", but 2,5 days have been past! I tried to do it in another browser, but it didn't work. 😕

Link to post
Share on other sites

This is an incredible Shutterstock failure !!! Such a dumping of prices and an unprecedented depreciation of the work of illustrators and photographers! I suggest not uploading your works to Shutterstock anymore so as not to depreciate your work. There are many other stocks and sites where you can sell your work for decent money!

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Przemek Iciak said:

Well if company cant afford to buy a photo for couple $ It should not exist or take their photos by themselves. If it cant afford a camera it can use a phone haha. Many of those photos are advertisement for company's that bring lots of $.  

if we lived in an ideal world we would get at last 50% of commissions and everyone would be happy and company greed wouldn't exist...But we are not living in that world.

 

obviously..but more seriously..every stock agency works with subscriptions witch brings the price/image very low..but it's also the best way to get clients to buy from your agency.

i've been comparing subscription plans with AS - if you take SS most popular plan ( 350 images/month for 129 E  ---> 0,37 E/image ), on AS you get 750 images/month for 160 E and the contributor get 0.33E/image...so wether you're on SS or AS, u end up with the same. so what i'm asking is, is there a way to satisfy the client without offering a subscription plan??? so that the contributor gets more every time?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mpessaris said:

if we lived in an ideal world, what would be the best way to satisfy both clients and contributors?? client always looking for the cheapest agency and contributors looking to get decent money for their work

 

In an ideal world for clients a search engine would be written for 50c, an HR specialist would charge 4c/day, a dentist would take 2c for a round of fillings. Clients would be happy to agree to a 10c flat rate for any productive deliverable. Funny, isn't it... The only place where this absurd sounding scenario is actually happening is in the stock photo industry. 

I totally agree with you, honoring every parties interest is the golden way to manage a project. Making everyone want to be part of it. But this current step is not a question of clients vs. suppliers, it's not in favor of the clients either since there haven't been any changes in pricing. Neutral for clients, negative for suppliers - averages to negative for the bulk of parties involved. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Sybille Reuter said:

In an ideal world for clients a search engine would be written for 50c, an HR specialist would charge 4c/day, a dentist would take 2c for a round of filings. Clients would be happy to agree to a 10c flat rate for any productive deliverable. Funny, isn't it... The only place where this absurd sounding scenario is actually happening is in the stock photo industry. 

I totally agree with you, honoring every parties interest is the golden way to manage a project. Making everyone want to be part of it. But this current step is not a question of clients vs. suppliers, it's not in favor of the clients either since there haven't been any changes in pricing. Neutral for clients, negative for suppliers - averages to negative for the bulk of parties involved. 

yeah i know..i am just wondering ..is there a better way to do things?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mpessaris said:

if we lived in an ideal world, what would be the best way to satisfy both clients and contributors?? client always looking for the cheapest agency and contributors looking to get decent money for their work

 

But the main question here is why some selling sites decided that it's okay taking 85% of what buyers pay for images made by contributors?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mpessaris said:

yeah i know..i am just wondering ..is there a better way to do things?

Buy the competition and and set your own prices? 😄 

Add value to the product offered? Monetize metadata? Sell the sought-after topics for a higher price? 

(of course I don't know either but hey, there are people who specialize in answering exactly those questions - I can't get my head around why they went for a solution that none of their business partners will cheer for)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Subscription's will be our nightmares. If customer choose 750 images, will pay $0.33 and then I will get %25 of it.
This equals $0.0825, they said min. payout will be $0.10.

If l reach Level 6 (%40), maximum earning will $0.13 instead of $0.38. 

This is end of all hope. No need to be active on SS.

Ekran Resmi 2020-05-31 16.40.25.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Sybille Reuter said:

Buy the competition and and set your own prices? 😄 

Add value to the product offered? Monetize metadata? Sell the sought-after topics for a higher price? 

(of course I don't know either but hey, there are people who specialize in answering exactly those questions - I can't get my head around why they went for a solution that none of their business partners will cheer for)

Or maybe microstocks just should moderate their greed and take 30%-50% for their work. I'm sure that in all the process --- creating images - licensing images - getting money for images --- their part is not the hardest. But for some reason millions of artists work mainly to make life of several people from microstock companies super luxurious.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Im good with SS new earnings change, I trust Shutterstock that they had no other choice but to do it, I have zero respect for contributors trashing Shutterstock online, on social media and in this forum and I think everyone that does it should be banned for life from SS.

Show some respect for the guys that put in tons of work for you to have a platform to sell your work in times when it’s heading straight to Unlimited free downloads, SS is doing it’s best to provide good sales EVERY SINGLE DAY !

Chill ! The entire world is on its knees with all this Corona Virus and you go around shaming SS ????????? Calling to ban them ???? 

10 cents minimus per sub? Work hard, be original, explore and I guarantee you’ll make 1 million sales a year. WORK HARD !  Work Harder !

90% of the negative comments here are from small lazy portfolios, SS Said in the email they want to reward hard working contributors and this is a great idea. 

If you’re here to make money, there is plenty! Plenty to make, Just put in the effort.

What other choice did SS have ? take a deep breath and think about it, look around, read the map and thank god every morning for SS.

People started posting financial reports (I read all of them when they come out) stating they have this much and that much, I wish SS will go back to the glory days of higher stock price, they deserve it, its an amazing platform with amazing people putting an amazing amount of hard work for you to be able to do what you love and get paid on time and run it like clock work. SHOW SOME RESPECT ! 

And for the love of god, the Levels are perfectly balanced, wanna go level 6? Do you want SS to create a level 7 just for you? WORK FOR IT ! 

I think SS should remove any account that also sell at these “unlimited” sites, that is giving SS a bad name.

Long live SHUTTERSTOCK, a fair, welcoming and professional company.

Shutterstock is doing the right thing for them and for US.

 

I don’t work for SS (I wish I did, honestly).

I don’t know anyone that works for SS.

I am a contributor just like you, Not a top contributor but not a small one.

@Kate Shutterstock

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, TBT Honest said:

I have zero respect for contributors trashing Shutterstock online, on social media and in this forum and I think everyone that does it should be banned for life from SS.

 

Nobody's interested in your respect. I won't say why, it's clear from reading your comment.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/29/2020 at 4:54 PM, samoyloff said:

Most sales are from these packages. Not only because they're most popular (even according to SS the 350 one is the most popular, and every studio I know gets 350 or 750), but also because of the share in the sales.

Are those startistics somewhere online? Or is that based on SS trying to 'sell' that as 'most populair'?

I guess we will find out in the first months. I'll just wait to jugde until I see my earnings...

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, shufu photoexperience said:

Their salaries are still here???

This looks like a typical post-communist fraud scheme of extracting money, destroying a company and forcing workers to the streets in favor of several managers. Seen countless times in all post-communist countries.

yet that happens regularly in capitalist democracy... CEO lays of massive workers.. get fat bonuses 

Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, TBT Honest said:

Im good with SS new earnings change, I trust Shutterstock that they had no other choice but to do it, I have zero respect for contributors trashing Shutterstock online, on social media and in this forum and I think everyone that does it should be banned for life from SS.

Show some respect for the guys that put in tons of work for you to have a platform to sell your work in times when it’s heading straight to Unlimited free downloads, SS is doing it’s best to provide good sales EVERY SINGLE DAY !

Chill ! The entire world is on its knees with all this Corona Virus and you go around shaming SS ????????? Calling to ban them ???? 

10 cents minimus per sub? Work hard, be original, explore and I guarantee you’ll make 1 million sales a year. WORK HARD !  Work Harder !

90% of the negative comments here are from small lazy portfolios, SS Said in the email they want to reward hard working contributors and this is a great idea. 

If you’re here to make money, there is plenty! Plenty to make, Just put in the effort.

What other choice did SS have ? take a deep breath and think about it, look around, read the map and thank god every morning for SS.

People started posting financial reports (I read all of them when they come out) stating they have this much and that much, I wish SS will go back to the glory days of higher stock price, they deserve it, its an amazing platform with amazing people putting an amazing amount of hard work for you to be able to do what you love and get paid on time and run it like clock work. SHOW SOME RESPECT ! 

And for the love of god, the Levels are perfectly balanced, wanna go level 6? Do you want SS to create a level 7 just for you? WORK FOR IT ! 

I think SS should remove any account that also sell at these “unlimited” sites, that is giving SS a bad name.

Long live SHUTTERSTOCK, a fair, welcoming and professional company.

Shutterstock is doing the right thing for them and for US.

 

I don’t work for SS (I wish I did, honestly).

I don’t know anyone that works for SS.

I am a contributor just like you, Not a top contributor but not a small one.

@Kate Shutterstock

Yes, you are right… but don't forget to eat you medicine… 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Shutterstock
 
     
  Contributor Account Info Changed  
     
  Hi Richard,

This is a confirmation that the Shutterstock contributor account information listed below has been changed:

•  Shutterstock Image sales permission

If you did not make these changes, please contact Shutterstock Contributor Support immediately.

Thanks,

Shutterstock Contributor Support Team
 
 

Well, isn't this sad? 

My first post on this forum probably turns out to be my last!

There is nothing I can say that hasn't already been said by my fellow contributors. However, for my own satisfaction I wish to make clear to Shutterstock, that along with my fellow contributors, I find your actions to be utterly disgraceful and disgusting!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...