New earnings structure for Contributors

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In an email that is going out today, we are announcing that we will be updating the earnings structure that determines how much you get paid when customers license your work. We are making this adjust

This is just a joke. 10 years with SS and now I'll be getting 20% commission on my footage clips??? No lifetime sales tier, just what you sold last year/this year.... To get to the curr

This space will be updated to address frequently asked questions.  My email shows different counts for videos than are shown above. Which is correct? Apologies. The email to video contributo

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, AnastasiaOsipova said:

until recently, there were 100 pages and now there are 98 of them. The moderator works, but is silent..

Yes, I see one of mine is missing. Don't remember what I wrote, but a lot of people liked it. Kate Shutterstock not being one of them, apparently.

1 minute ago, AnastasiaOsipova said:

I don't have any jobs on this stock, but there is a registration. I'm thinking of joining. It looks tempting.

image.png.8bffcdf81eb58c2e82b556e94611ca4d.png

They also have option to sell with SR-EL license - it's when you sell images with all copyrights. You can put a high price for it - hundreds of dollars. It can be useful for you, because you make sophisticated illustrations.

Just now, Natwood said:

У них также есть возможность продавать с лицензией SR-EL - это когда вы продаете изображения со всеми авторскими правами. Вы можете поставить за это высокую цену - сотни долларов. Это может быть полезно для вас, потому что вы делаете сложные иллюстрации.

Draw separately for a single stock? This is something to think about seriously...

8 минут назад Пшемек Ичак сказал:

У них дерьмовая система уровней. Каждое фото имеет свой уровень в зависимости от того, падает ли его продажа, если продажи прекращаются ... У меня никогда не бывает высоких продаж. С таким же портфолио на каждые 100 долларов я получаю здесь, или Adobe получаю 5 долларов. Платежи после 100 $

Спасибо за информацию. Я буду изучать этот вопрос. (Я в восторге от ваших пейзажей! Я хотел бы увидеть эту красоту для себя in real life)

48 minutes ago, AnastasiaOsipova said:

Draw separately for a single stock? This is something to think about seriously...

No, you don't have to draw for DT exclusively. You can sell the same images on other microstocks too, but when the image you chose to sell with SR-EL license on DT is sold, you get a notice that you have to remove that image from any other site during 72 hours and you will no longer be able to sell or use that image.
To sell image with SR-EL license, you should check in the SR-EL license option, when you upload your image (or later). So you can try and chose this option for those of  your illustrations which you are ready to part with. You also choose your price there (DT takes half of it). It doesn't obligate you to remove those illustrations from other microstocks till it will not be sold on DM with SR-EL license. P.S. Your illustrations are awesome!

On 5/28/2020 at 5:16 PM, LongJon said:

minimum is 10 cent and if subs are sold in small pack you earn much more than 0,38 cent....so depending on pack in some you lose with some you gain...for me it's clear nobody here as made any math or understood the fact...i'm telling we can earn more...im telling at the moment nobody can predict earning...and i read many don't have understood nothing. if the 

Ok, lets make a math: most popular plan 350 images for $199 which mean 0.57 per download. With 15% at the 1 level I'll earn something about 0.09. Ah yes, they said minimum 0.10, such generous step (sarcasm). Once I'll reach 4th level - 30% that is 0.17. And if one day I'll be lucky enough to reach 6th level (that is possible only for studios), so 40% and 0.2. Wow, I feel I'm getting richer! One second... Now I'm getting 0.38! Let's not make illusion about packs. No matter of the pack, we are loosing and loosing to much.

As i said will see. I will not upload anything new from now, next month will make everything clear, than I'll decide. More than 5 years I used to upload my designs only on Shutterstock, cause i dont want sell it on cheaper stocks thereby devalue my work. Actually it used to work great, my sales was stable and i know many customers come here to buy exactly my illustrations. Just one year before i started also upload on adobe. So i might focus mostly on adobe, and 1-2 more stocks. But with new Shutterstock strategy, no. Kinda work all month for 2 Starbucks coffee.

Just now, Natwood said:

Нет, вам не нужно рисовать исключительно для DT. Вы можете продавать те же изображения и на других микростоках, но когда изображение, которое вы решили продать с лицензией SR-EL на DT, продано, вы получите уведомление о том, что вам нужно удалить это изображение с любого другого сайта в течение 72 часов, и вы получите не сможет больше продавать или использовать это изображение.
Чтобы продать изображение с лицензией SR-EL, вы должны включить опцию лицензии SR-EL, когда загружаете свое изображение (или позже). Таким образом, вы можете попробовать и выбрать этот вариант для тех ваших иллюстраций, с которыми вы готовы расстаться. Он не обязывает вас удалять эти иллюстрации из других микростоков, пока они не будут проданы на DM с лицензией SR-EL. PS Ваши иллюстрации потрясающие!

Thank you very much for the explanation and for evaluating my work!

This decision really stinks and is an insult to all contributors. As from today I won't be uploading anything new to SS but instead I will be concentrating on Adobe and Alamy. SS wanted to encourage "fresh" content, but I think this will have the completely opposite effect. If fewer people are uploading to SS, that surely means LESS fresh content.

I think the best would be for SS to just postpone all changes into middle of 2021 and use that time to reconsider the rate card.

Work together with the community to find a solution that works.

We are in the middle of a pandemic and recession. Millions of creatives have lost their day jobs as wedding and events are cancelled, graphic design projects postponed etc..

This is really not the time to drastically change peoples income and lower it.

Dreamstime is a much smaller agency but they have proven they have a heart by giving their artists 10% more during corona to support them.

Shutterstock could have done something similar.

Please reconsider and just scrap the new rates and just leave it all as is until the pandemic is over and life is normal.

1 minute ago, LineByLine said:

Anyone know if I can upload the same images I uploaded here to Dreamstime? 

Of course, if you are not an exclusive contributor on some specific microstock, you can upload the same images to all other microstocks.