Kate Shutterstock

New earnings structure for Contributors

7 minutes ago, LongJon said:

my rpd in ss ifs 4 times higher than is....rpd is earning/download....i sell lot of od on ss and single too bigger much much bigger.....rpd in istock is not even 34 cent for me...i know other earning 28 cent....if you have lower rpd in ss you must be in trouble already...not possible.

I'm not in trouble, because I have a job and I do not really depend on microstocks. You are the one who is in trouble, dude, because SS will going to exploit you for penny and you will keep kissing their ass like you do now. Good luck with that.

3 minutes ago, Natwood said:

I'm not in trouble, because I have a job and I do not really depend on microstocks. You are who is in trouble, dude, because SS will going to exploit you for penny and you will keep kissing their ass like you do now. Good luck with that.

so why complain....you sell stuff for penny in istock earn 15%....but ss cannot sell your stuff for 10 cent minimum and give u 15%..? who is right.....and then now you tell you don't care because you hafve full job....so why complaint? istock is the scum of all agency..nobody as non exclusive earn better rpd in is than ss probaby u sell nothing here. 

istock is the agency who make connect...who give u 8 dollar for 4000 sale/view through connect...who give non exclusive 15%...ewho not even give minimum 10 cent...but everybody now complaint with ss...unbielevable....who not gave u real time sales, who take back money for sale when customer want's money back....it's unbielavable the attack to ss from people who sell stuff in istock...

PLEASE, please, please ignore divisions and futile arguments. He who wants to do a different thing, or think in a different way than the majority, so be it. Congratulations and good luck is what we should wish that person. Please, don't let your desire to win a futile argument turn you into a loser. Now all this thread it is about anger between us and not towards the main issue. REMEMBER THE SAYING: Divide and Conquer. Be fast to think and slow to speak. I beg you...peace between us. Think hard, if this battle is lost; every other agency will follow through. This battle is not only about SS. It about the whole industry and our livelihood. Be strong and courageous....please show unity and respect...do what you have to do on June 1. For me this my last post. I already know what I am going to do. Don't need to convince anybody else. Best wishes

I like this:

"From Dreamstime with Love"      https://www.dreamstime.com/blog/dreamstime-love-54073

"This means that financial aid will be now employed for a more community-centered strategy. For you, this means that all purchases beginning with June 1st will reward an extra 10% increase in the royalties value for all downloads, regardless of the exclusive or non-exclusive status. For clarity, a download that now awards 50% royalties will award 55% after the increase."

1 minute ago, BobNoah said:

PLEASE, please, please ignore divisions and futile arguments. He who wants to do a different thing, or think in a different way than the majority, so be it. Congratulations and good luck is what we should wish that person. Please, don't let your desire to win a futile argument turn you into a loser. Now all this thread it is about anger between us and not towards the main issue. REMEMBER THE SAYING: Divide and Conquer. Be fast to think and slow to speak. I beg you...peace between us. Think hard, if this battle is lost; every other agency will follow through. This battle is not only about SS. It about the whole industry and our livelihood. Be strong and courageous....please show unity and respect...do what you have to do on June 1. For me this my last post. I already know what I am going to do. Don't need to convince anybody else. Best wishes

It's not "anger between us" it's just anger of people about one annoying troll :) So l muted him, just like others did.

Join the Stock Submitters Coalition https://forms.gle/PYHdtDUjYYtvg98D7 to help stop this any future horrible changes to the industry. We now have 461 members and represent a portfolio size of over 4.7 million. It costs nothing. It is simply a way to organize ourselves so that we can fight these decisions. We have already helped spread the word to many different blogs and websites as well as get it trending on twitter. For those of you who don't have a gmail account we will be getting a website up soon. For now you can also join and follow the news on the facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/261369748434285/?multi_permalinks=261370388434221&notif_id=1590620734467718&notif_t=group_activity

Just sold my first 4K video under this new regime     for the princely sum of 60 cents. I left iStock a few months ago because of their derisory payment structure.

In fact, especially for those who are in the microstock industry recently and in particular for me (1.5 years), the following picture turns out: shatterstock was the first one from which I started selling my vector images. But I have quite complex images that take a lot of time to create and I'm not going to sell them for 15%. I'm not going to completely delete my portfolio, but I won't upload my new work during January and until I get back to my 30%. Is it bad for Shutterstock? Apparently he doesn't care. But this motivated me to pay attention to other microstocks that will be the first to receive new images. I think many authors who came here recently will do so. Both authors and other drains will benefit from this. That's why I said that Shutterstock was digging his own grave, and that other microstocks would be burying him.

1 minute ago, AnastasiaOsipova said:

In fact, especially for those who are in the microstock industry recently and in particular for me (1.5 years), the following picture turns out: shatterstock was the first one from which I started selling my vector images. But I have quite complex images that take a lot of time to create and I'm not going to sell them for 15%. I'm not going to completely delete my portfolio, but I won't upload my new work during January and until I get back to my 30%. Is it bad for Shutterstock? Apparently he doesn't care. But this motivated me to pay attention to other microstocks that will be the first to receive new images. I think many authors who came here recently will do so. Both authors and other drains will benefit from this. That's why I said that Shutterstock was digging his own grave, and that other microstocks would be burying him.

That's exactly how I'm going to work from now on. By the way, your work looks amazing !

Nice move from Dreamstime for image contributors. Average revenue per image there was already higher for me than on SS.

Too bad their video commissions are far from being worth it. I don't upload clips to DT or IS for that reason.

26 minutes ago, LongJon said:

Its clear you dont have understood nothing. 

I think you've made your point many, many times, so you seriously should consider stepping away from the forum for awhile as someone suggested. You're probably a nice person and you have a great port, but you're starting to appear a little hysterical and you seem to be getting more angry with each post. You aren't going to change anyone's mind so just let people here vent and stop trying to "correct" them. I'm sure you won't take this advice, but I'm hoping you give the boards a break for awhile if not for everyone else, but also for your own sanity. 

15 minutes ago, Pajor Pawel said:

Именно так я и собираюсь сейчас работать. Кстати, ваша работа выглядит потрясающе!

Thanks! I really appreciate your feedback about my work. I looked into your portfolio for a visit - very delicious photos!

39 minutes ago, AnastasiaOsipova said:

You do hard work - no question. Impressing!

I am beyond disappointed in this change, particularly the reset at Jan 1 each year, but also having no idea of how commissions will actually reduce. I started in microstock in 2006, quit my day job in 2008 and have been making my living from microstock ever since.  Lifetime SS downloads 488,000+.  Sales have already been steadily declining, new images rarely selling, so this on top will be a body blow.  I always had respect for the integrity of SS compared to a number of other sites and their shenanigans over the years.  Not any more.  How dare they attempt to spin this as any kind of positive for contributors!  Unconscionable corporate conduct.

You know I'm not surprised at this"low ball" move.  Really not surprised. So much stuff being uploaded and then the corporate greed. It was just a perfect storm. It figures this was too good to last. On to the next thing for extra income. If I can find it. ☹️😔

I'm sorry that I'm not writing about what this topic was created for, but I really want to thank all those who responded to my question about other microstocks from the bottom of their hearts. Thank you very much!!! There are many wonderful people in the world and I am very happy to see this every time! And thank you to the world wide web for bringing us closer together. In fact our wonderful planet is so small))) Good luck to all of you, talented and wonderful people! (am I speaking softly now? learned))))