New earnings structure for Contributors

5 minutes ago, wong yu liang said:

agreed.. my traffic is mostly from my country thus it is very very hard for me to earn beyond .. but 2000 dollars is like a few times household income in where i'm living.. 

that's what i said in previous post without offending anybody..in country like ukraine thailand russia household income for most people is from 500 to 1000 no more..that's why internet job, youtube micro stock are so popular...it's a

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In an email that is going out today, we are announcing that we will be updating the earnings structure that determines how much you get paid when customers license your work. We are making this adjust

This is just a joke. 10 years with SS and now I'll be getting 20% commission on my footage clips??? No lifetime sales tier, just what you sold last year/this year.... To get to the curr

This space will be updated to address frequently asked questions.  My email shows different counts for videos than are shown above. Which is correct? Apologies. The email to video contributo

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Whiteaster said:

That's true but for $400 from adds you have to work like a slave, providing fresh material all the time.

Btw, your videos are not crappy at all.

Actually i'm doing this part time. while other my Internet revenues is still running.It has been weeks since i've been making anything 🤣i really should (just made a simple one today).. This is much promising than stockphotos 

2 minutes ago, wong yu liang said:

Thank you. yes not much views.. i have very different strategy as compared to other YT ...my target is only to earn 0.10 usd from each video daily.. all my videos do not cost to produce but they solve people's problem so their lifespan is longer although it's pretty hard for them to go viral...the goal is to have over 1000 videos so i can hit 100USD daily.. that's damn good income in where i'm living. 

is what i said always about different earning in cheap country compared to europe or usa...100 dollar in usa is low earning for most people....that's why nobody will do stock earning 1000 dollar...in thai russia 1000 dollar goes a loon g way...and that's why ss is cutting royalty...they know most royalty now goes in that country, they know they can cut a lot since nobody will keep working for them..

16 minutes ago, LongJon said:

you cannot form any union because contributors are spread in different country with different salary level and cost of living...apart this e who feels offended if you say their country is cheaper  the truth is that most contributor and images come from country where you can " survive " basically with 500 dollar...i mean survive not middle class...buit in those country who is middle class? mostly survive...so it's better work as micro stock free independent and earn 500 dollar or work 6 days 8 hour to earn even less? those wpeople who are barking now will never delete anything because they are dependant even of 200 dollars earned in micros...that's why ss is acting like this...they know this...they will have always those contributor and millions of files.

I'm 'spread in such a country', already turned my sales off and joined the boycott. And yes, I would join a union.
I find your lack of faith disturbing ;)

9 minutes ago, LongJon said:

good positive attitude...400 dollar with so low view number? how can you earn like this.....you're attitude is what i always say...it's ended? move n instead of complaining....microstock will never last is at the end of cycle...350 million images ten website with millions of free images...everyday more and more content and demand is collapsing...its simple economy...it doesn't take keynes to understand this. 

Yes, we are in a keynsian economy, where they print money. That is to pay debt with more debt, which is taxed on people. The value of the dollar is going down, with so much printing. In 2 months they printed what they printed in three years after the 2008 collapse. So this might be followed by a hyperinflation period. I watched hidden secrets of money series on youtube, and totally changed my perspective on paper curency. It's paper. Search zimbabwe hyperinflation. They had a situation, where 1 became 100 trillion. With the images, we had something like an inflation, also. 

8 minutes ago, wong yu liang said:

Actually i'm doing this part time. while other my Internet revenues is still running.It has been weeks since i've been making anything 🤣i really should (just made a simple one today).. This is much promising than stockphotos 

You have great content. It's useful. You already have thousands of views, that's great. Do not give up. Good luck with your channel. I mentioned I also have a channel but only 12 subscribers. Started 3 weeks ago. 

1 minute ago, CPxiom said:

Yes, we are in a keynsian economy, where they print money. That is to pay debt with more debt, which is taxed on people. The value of the dollar is going down, with so much printing. In 2 months they printed what they printed in three years after the 2008 collapse. So this might be followed by a hyperinflation period. I watched hidden secrets of money series on youtube, and totally changed my perspective on paper curency. It's paper. Search zimbabwe hyperinflation. They had a situation, where 1 became 100 trillion. With the images, we had something like an inflation, also. 

i meant it doesn't' need to be keynes to understand the collapse of microstock

the terrible news for micro come 3 years ago and is called 

https://unsplash.com

millions of downloaded stolen from micro stock in years....people who upload super photos for free ...unsplash founder that soon will sell the agency and take 20 30 millions dollar cash in the face of those idiots who got nothing but like....canva already bought a site like this for an undisclosed sum.....imagine...this is the real business...make a free website generate ad traffic and then sell it....world is full of idiots.

1 minute ago, CPxiom said:

You have great content. It's useful. You already have thousands of views, that's great. Do not give up. Good luck with your channel. I mentioned I also have a channel but only 12 subscribers. Started 3 weeks ago. 

you too buddy.. dont get locked in stock photo cycle if its not profitable anymore...by the way..as for website.. i'm using viral articles with adsense.. which i find surprisingly still works today for very very specific niches in my country... my competitors is doing x3 x4 of what i'm earning...good luck 

5 minutes ago, Circotasu Constantin said:

Hi guys, is anyone selling their clips through their own website or youtube?

There's a reason why such websites don't exist. You would have to spend an insane amount of money to market yourself to compete with the big agencies.

1 hour ago, El Caron said:

Old contributors maybe remember 2014, when sales start going down and down until last year...

So look at the SS stock price.

Some CEO genius is on board of this company and is interested only for bonuses, we will die without bonuses!!! 😄

Clipboard01.jpg

Thanks for the eloquent graph. Based on the general trend of the curve, it looks like Shutterstock has about 4 years left.

If it will be true, the last year will be unprofitable for their team, and the authors will turn into useless ballast.

30 minutes ago, LongJon said:

millions of downloaded stolen from micro stock in years....people who upload super photos for free ...unsplash founder that soon will sell the agency and take 20 30 millions dollar cash in the face of those idiots who got nothing but like....canva already bought a site like this for an undisclosed sum.....imagine...this is the real business...make a free website generate ad traffic and then sell it....world is full of idiots.

Yes, Unsplash (and other similar sites) and their brainless pathetic idiots user's are the cancer of the whole photo industry, not just microstock.

2 minutes ago, Gelner Tivadar said:

Yes, Unsplash (and other similar sites) and their brainless pathetic idiots user's are the cancer of the whole photo industry, not just microstock.

pixelbay have been bought by canva for millions..and those user get nothing...they get like...unbielevable.....personally i'm thinking of make a site like that then sell to ss for 10 millions....

In the coming weeks, Shutterstock will be updating the earnings structure that determines how much you get paid when customers license your work. We are making this adjustment in order to reflect changes in the market for creative content, help to create fair opportunities for all our contributors, and reward performance with greater earnings potential.

If you really think of us. (Fair deals and rewarding)  :(

All you have to do is change the shares as follows.   :Q

shutterstock2.thumb.jpg.865ca595a415d75e27437873d0d8ae26.jpg

They understand that we are "concerned" when we're infuriated. They "hear" us and our feedback is "important", but there is no reply in this thread for several days from any Shutterstock representative. Hypocrites and liars. P.S.: I just got banned in their Twitter for expressing my "concerns". I will no longer be able to do that, but you guys can step in and tell them what you really think.

image.png.92e5841169fdc1ef5b2575a4e2d2788b.png

28 minutes ago, oleskalashnik said:

Thanks for the eloquent graph. Based on the general trend of the curve, it looks like Shutterstock has about 4 years left.

If it will be true, the last year will be unprofitable for their team, and the authors will turn into useless ballast.

.but they can report much bigger earnings in Q1 each year from now on because they're screwed every single contributor. 

this way they will keep making money as a share holders from dividends on the top of that. 

10 hours ago, crbellette said:

where is the possibility for greater earning potential for video contributors? My portfolio is almost 10,000 clips and there is NO WAY I could manage 2,500 downloads in a year. And even if I did, by some miracle, have that many sales come Jan 1 I'd have to start all over again. Nice reward for all the hard work uploading files, real motivating. Greater earnings might be there for the 1% of "factory producers" with multiple employees.

Actually, you only need 251 video sales in a year to get to the current level of a 30% commission. Not that 251 is easy to achieve, I personally will never get there. But I would assume you do, no?

681356262_ScreenShot2020-05-28at9_20_14AM.png.42f432803557455a31567ed2ea9c744c.png

let me explain how ss drifted both themselves and us into this position. (my english may not be enough to explain myself clearly or understandable, sorry for this)

as a citizen of "developing country" or in my words under developed country "turkey" I am able to observe and assess the current trend.

couple years ago ss repeal the being a contributor assessment. as many of you know, contributors were have to appeal with their 10 photos and they had to achieve at least %70 success. When ss repeal this assessment, many contributors from india, cambodia, bengal, indonesia in brief contributors from whole middle east and far asian country, started to spam the system with photos which are not suitable for both as a view of profitable and as a view of good composition and lighting. also they spammed the system beacuse 5-6 dollars per a month is a great value for them because their currencies are very worthless against usd.

this change of course affected these contributors in a bad way like affected high rank contributors from developed countries. but there is another chance has arouse for the contributors from under developed countires. if the contributors, who take big slices from the cake, remove their files or protest the ss. not matter fact that, their visibility of portfolios start to descend. and when they revoke, the others will start to shine.

to sum up, ss cut profit from the contrıbıtor who make them ss rich. and planned to share to the cut with these low rank contributors and company wallet.
1 hour ago, LongJon said:

WOW! Didn't know about those sites. I always thought these sites are illegal. But if they can sell them... wow. That's not good news indeed. 

1 hour ago, wong yu liang said:

you too buddy.. dont get locked in stock photo cycle if its not profitable anymore...by the way..as for website.. i'm using viral articles with adsense.. which i find surprisingly still works today for very very specific niches in my country... my competitors is doing x3 x4 of what i'm earning...good luck 

Thanks. If you have traffic, take a look at affiliate marketing too. I heard that can bring great revenue too. I'm just trying to start out, and so I don't have any advice, but could work.