Jump to content

New earnings structure for Contributors


Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, wong yu liang said:

Actually i'm doing this part time. while other my Internet revenues is still running.It has been weeks since i've been making anything¬†ūü§£i really should (just made a simple one today).. This is much¬†promising than stockphotos¬†

You have great content. It's useful. You already have thousands of views, that's great. Do not give up. Good luck with your channel. I mentioned I also have a channel but only 12 subscribers. Started 3 weeks ago. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In an email that is going out today, we are announcing that we will be updating the earnings structure that determines how much you get paid when customers license your work. We are making this adjust

This space will be updated to address frequently asked questions.  My email shows different counts for videos than are shown above. Which is correct? Apologies. The email to video contributo

Just when you think Shutterstock couldn't completely and utterly screw the contributors and more you've gone and done it. Effectively with a January reset everybody gets a cut of 20% or more of e

Posted Images

1 minute ago, CPxiom said:

Yes, we are in a keynsian economy, where they print money. That is to pay debt with more debt, which is taxed on people. The value of the dollar is going down, with so much printing. In 2 months they printed what they printed in three years after the 2008 collapse. So this might be followed by a hyperinflation period. I watched hidden secrets of money series on youtube, and totally changed my perspective on paper curency. It's paper. Search zimbabwe hyperinflation. They had a situation, where 1 became 100 trillion. With the images, we had something like an inflation, also. 

i meant it doesn't' need to be keynes to understand the collapse of microstock

the terrible news for micro come 3 years ago and is called 

https://unsplash.com

 

millions of downloaded stolen from micro stock in years....people who upload super photos for free ...unsplash founder that soon will sell the agency and take 20 30 millions dollar cash in the face of those idiots who got nothing but like....canva already bought a site like this for an undisclosed sum.....imagine...this is the real business...make a free website generate ad traffic and then sell it....world is full of idiots.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CPxiom said:

You have great content. It's useful. You already have thousands of views, that's great. Do not give up. Good luck with your channel. I mentioned I also have a channel but only 12 subscribers. Started 3 weeks ago. 

you too buddy.. dont get locked in stock photo cycle if its not profitable anymore...by the way..as for website.. i'm using viral articles with adsense.. which i find surprisingly still works today for very very specific niches in my country... my competitors is doing x3 x4 of what i'm earning...good luck 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, El Caron said:

Old contributors maybe remember 2014, when sales start going down and down until last year...

So look at the SS stock price.

Some CEO genius is on board of this company and is interested only for bonuses, we will die without bonuses!!!¬†ūüėĄ

Clipboard01.jpg

Thanks for the eloquent graph. Based on the general trend of the curve, it looks like Shutterstock has about 4 years left.

If it will be true, the last year will be unprofitable for their team, and the authors will turn into useless ballast.

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, LongJon said:

i meant it doesn't' need to be keynes to understand the collapse of microstock

the terrible news for micro come 3 years ago and is called 

https://unsplash.com

 

millions of downloaded stolen from micro stock in years....people who upload super photos for free ...unsplash founder that soon will sell the agency and take 20 30 millions dollar cash in the face of those idiots who got nothing but like....canva already bought a site like this for an undisclosed sum.....imagine...this is the real business...make a free website generate ad traffic and then sell it....world is full of idiots.

Yes, Unsplash (and other similar sites) and their brainless pathetic idiots user's are the cancer of the whole photo industry, not just microstock.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Gelner Tivadar said:

Yes, Unsplash (and other similar sites) and their brainless pathetic idiots user's are the cancer of the whole photo industry, not just microstock.

pixelbay have been bought by canva for millions..and those user get nothing...they get like...unbielevable.....personally i'm thinking of make a site like that then sell to ss for 10 millions....

Link to post
Share on other sites

In the coming weeks, Shutterstock will be updating the earnings structure that determines how much you get paid when customers license your work. We are making this adjustment in order to reflect changes in the market for creative content, help to create fair opportunities for all our contributors, and reward performance with greater earnings potential.

If you really think of us. (Fair deals and rewarding)  :(

All you have to do is change the shares as follows.   :Q

shutterstock2.thumb.jpg.865ca595a415d75e27437873d0d8ae26.jpg

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

They understand that we are "concerned" when we're infuriated. They "hear" us and our feedback is "important", but there is no reply in this thread for several days from any Shutterstock representative. Hypocrites and liars. P.S.: I just got banned in their Twitter for expressing my "concerns". I will no longer be able to do that, but you guys can step in and tell them what you really think.

image.png.92e5841169fdc1ef5b2575a4e2d2788b.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, oleskalashnik said:

Thanks for the eloquent graph. Based on the general trend of the curve, it looks like Shutterstock has about 4 years left.

If it will be true, the last year will be unprofitable for their team, and the authors will turn into useless ballast.

.but they can report much bigger earnings in Q1 each year from now on because they're screwed every single contributor. 

this way they will keep making money as a share holders from dividends on the top of that. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, crbellette said:

where is the possibility for greater earning potential for video contributors? My portfolio is almost 10,000 clips and there is NO WAY I could manage 2,500 downloads in a year. And even if I did, by some miracle, have that many sales come Jan 1 I'd have to start all over again. Nice reward for all the hard work uploading files, real motivating. Greater earnings might be there for the 1% of "factory producers" with multiple employees.

Actually, you only need 251 video sales in a year to get to the current level of a 30% commission. Not that 251 is easy to achieve, I personally will never get there. But I would assume you do, no?

681356262_ScreenShot2020-05-28at9_20_14AM.png.42f432803557455a31567ed2ea9c744c.png

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
let me explain how ss drifted both themselves and us into this position. (my english may not be enough to explain myself clearly or understandable, sorry for this)
 
as a citizen of "developing country" or in my words under developed country "turkey" I am able to observe and assess the current trend.
 
couple years ago ss repeal the being a contributor assessment. as many of you know, contributors were have to appeal with their 10 photos and they had to achieve at least %70 success. When ss repeal this assessment, many contributors from india, cambodia, bengal, indonesia in brief contributors from whole middle east and far asian country, started to spam the system with photos which are not suitable for both as a view of profitable and as a view of good composition and lighting. also they spammed the system beacuse 5-6 dollars per a month is a great value for them because their currencies are very worthless against usd.
 
this change of course affected these contributors in a bad way like affected high rank contributors from developed countries. but there is another chance has arouse for the contributors from under developed countires. if the contributors, who take big slices from the cake, remove their files or protest the ss. not matter fact that, their visibility of portfolios start to descend. and when they revoke, the others will start to shine.
 
to sum up, ss cut profit from the contrńĪbńĪtor who make them ss rich. and planned to share to the cut with these low rank contributors and company wallet.
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LongJon said:

i meant it doesn't' need to be keynes to understand the collapse of microstock

the terrible news for micro come 3 years ago and is called 

https://unsplash.com

 

millions of downloaded stolen from micro stock in years....people who upload super photos for free ...unsplash founder that soon will sell the agency and take 20 30 millions dollar cash in the face of those idiots who got nothing but like....canva already bought a site like this for an undisclosed sum.....imagine...this is the real business...make a free website generate ad traffic and then sell it....world is full of idiots.

WOW! Didn't know about those sites. I always thought these sites are illegal. But if they can sell them... wow. That's not good news indeed. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, wong yu liang said:

you too buddy.. dont get locked in stock photo cycle if its not profitable anymore...by the way..as for website.. i'm using viral articles with adsense.. which i find surprisingly still works today for very very specific niches in my country... my competitors is doing x3 x4 of what i'm earning...good luck 

Thanks. If you have traffic, take a look at affiliate marketing too. I heard that can bring great revenue too. I'm just trying to start out, and so I don't have any advice, but could work. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/26/2020 at 5:49 PM, Duncan Andison said:

I don't think this is what they're saying. Your earnings rate will be determined each year after it is reset on January 1st... I presumed that would be the previous years sales. @Kate Shutterstock is this right...If you are lowering everyone's earnings until they cross each threshold, I think you're about to loose a lot of portfolios.

there seems to be some different yard sticks used for different people how SS categorized us into different Levels. can you @Kate Shutterstock please clarify what time period you used to issue us these "Levels"? my guess is that it was based on the Jan. 01 to this point in 2020. Is this right? or was it based on the period between June 01/ 2019 and now? Thank you.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, oixxo said:

Hey guys, just FYI - there will be no changes into subscription plans for buyers. I was given that answer by SS support:

 

Wow, thats a ballsy reply. Seems like a game theory type reply, I'll not change you are free to do what you want. 

 

Well what if that means people leaving with their port and buyers suing you for a year long subscription that can't give them content they need

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, samoyloff said:

They understand that we are "concerned" when we're infuriated. They "hear" us and our feedback is "important", but there is no reply in this thread for several days from any Shutterstock representative. Hypocrites and liars. P.S.: I just got banned in their Twitter for expressing my "concerns". I will no longer be able to do that, but you guys can step in and tell them what you really think.

image.png.92e5841169fdc1ef5b2575a4e2d2788b.png

Can you say what exactly it was that you posted that you got you banned? Are they just silencing anyone voicing a concern, or were you perhaps "too aggressive" (by their standards)?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...