Jump to content

New earnings structure for Contributors


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In an email that is going out today, we are announcing that we will be updating the earnings structure that determines how much you get paid when customers license your work. We are making this adjust

This space will be updated to address frequently asked questions.  My email shows different counts for videos than are shown above. Which is correct? Apologies. The email to video contributo

Just when you think Shutterstock couldn't completely and utterly screw the contributors and more you've gone and done it. Effectively with a January reset everybody gets a cut of 20% or more of e

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Maxal Tamor said:

When I read this email my thoughts have been "When there is smell of dead meat the vultures fly around" :D

I don't know if you know but Yay has changed management some weeks ago. I don't say that they will be different or better, just that different people can have different behavior and different results…
 

the first step to change thing sis make those small penny agency included 123rf dreamtime fail...then consolidate the biggest one so maybe they earn more and are les inclined to cut royalty. repeat the fault is those millions contributor who applied to 30 agency to earn everything they can in small period selling same photos with different price....this is the result we are now....included the millions of idiot who contribute free to unsplash who is the main cause of our declining sales.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm a relatively new (couple of years) member of Shutterstock compared to most and have managed to build up my portfolio to 12,000 images, but don't rely on it as a income like many of you, nevertheless, I earn between $150 - $200 a month.  As others have said, this requires considerable time and effort, more so since the rejections 'process' seemed to take a turn for the worse.

I am gutted after all this that my level and earnings will be diminished, and back to rock bottom every January, it just seems so incredibly unfair!  The proof will be in the pudding I suppose, but as to whether Shutterstock have a change of heart, and what the figures actually work out to, remains to be seen.

However, as with others, I am now looking at other stock outlets and have started upload to Adobe.

Regards all,

Kev.

Link to post
Share on other sites

image.png.75e2bd05a639aa514e50da9a519c13a6.png

 

You guys are really slow.. i've been building other incomes over the Internet(attached is just partial income) .FYI...I have been for¬†more than 10 years with Shutterstock.. No surprises at all with this¬†..¬†ūüĎ欆Move on buddies...Internet is huge and there are many waysss to make money out there.. Stock photo is generally a red ocean/declining¬†trend.¬†¬†¬†

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think this move hides something else, I will not be surprised if at any point of the next year or so they will close, this looks likes a desperate move to squeeze the last drops from a dry lemon, micro stock is collasping due to many years of changes in our society and how people are taking pictures, many free websites and devaluation of the profession, they know this and maybe they are not selling like before so this could end very soon, so why not take some bonus before closing...

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, wong yu liang said:

image.png.75e2bd05a639aa514e50da9a519c13a6.png

 

You guys are really slow.. i've been building other incomes over the Internet(attached is just partial income) .FYI...I have been for¬†more than 10 years with Shutterstock.. No surprises at all with this¬†..¬†ūüĎ欆Move on buddies...Internet is huge and there are many waysss to make money out there.. Stock photo is generally a red ocean/declining¬†trend.¬†¬†¬†

 

2 dollar with 18000 image on 28 days? it's impossible...what is your sub level? 0,38?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, wong yu liang said:

image.png.75e2bd05a639aa514e50da9a519c13a6.png

 

You guys are really slow.. i've been building other incomes over the Internet(attached is just partial income) .FYI...I have been for¬†more than 10 years with Shutterstock.. No surprises at all with this¬†..¬†ūüĎ欆Move on buddies...Internet is huge and there are many waysss to make money out there.. Stock photo is generally a red ocean/declining¬†trend.¬†¬†¬†

 

So what do you do? Affiliate? Can you give some examples. Do you have a site? Thank you.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LongJon said:

2 dollar with 18000 image on 28 days? it's impossible...what is your sub level? 0,38?

2060 dollars, you missed the k after the number (k=1000)

And he wasn‚Äėt referring to stock, this is a different income source from the internet. Good for him.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RWBrooks said:

Are we able to form a union?

you cannot form any union because contributors are spread in different country with different salary level and cost of living...apart this e who feels offended if you say their country is cheaper  the truth is that most contributor and images come from country where you can " survive " basically with 500 dollar...i mean survive not middle class...buit in those country who is middle class? mostly survive...so it's better work as micro stock free independent and earn 500 dollar or work 6 days 8 hour to earn even less? those wpeople who are barking now will never delete anything because they are dependant even of 200 dollars earned in micros...that's why ss is acting like this...they know this...they will have always those contributor and millions of files.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CPxiom said:

So what do you do? Affiliate? Can you give some examples. Do you have a site? Thank you.

i generate traffic and convert them into ads(same technique).. im doing youtube too.. i'm getting 400usd per month from youtube only so far .. my videos are crappy

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWSrzcHHnfL_bIbhYYFwHOw

i know i'm not good at generating content.. just started last year..but, we have some start somewhere.. this has been fast and caught up/exceeding my Shutterstock earnings in some months...Lesson in life.. don't keep hitting the wall..you'll be dead doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results. The Internet is huge out there.new niche, new technology.. always new ways to  make money online 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Jasmin Awad said:

2060 dollars, you missed the k after the number (k=1000)

And he wasn‚Äėt referring to stock, this is a different income source from the internet. Good for him.

well good but 2000 dollar in usa makes you live mostly under a bridge...that's why i always said these work on internet are possible only in determined country where with 1000 you already earn much more than a lot of people...imagine 2000

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, wong yu liang said:

i generate traffic and convert them into ads(same technique).. im doing youtube too.. i'm getting 400usd per month from youtube only so far .. my videos are crappy

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWSrzcHHnfL_bIbhYYFwHOw

i know i'm not good at generating content.. just started last year..but, we have some start somewhere.. this has been fast and caught up/exceeding my Shutterstock earnings in some months...Lesson in life.. don't keep hitting the wall..you'll be dead doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results. The Internet is huge out there.new niche, new technology.. always new ways to  make money online 

 

good positive attitude...400 dollar with so low view number? how can you earn like this.....you're attitude is what i always say...it's ended? move n instead of complaining....microstock will never last is at the end of cycle...350 million images ten website with millions of free images...everyday more and more content and demand is collapsing...its simple economy...it doesn't take keynes to understand this. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, B. Melo said:

Since shutterstock is a pubIic traded company, I¬†wonder what could be done if thousands of shutterstock contributors got together and bought shutterstock shares. Perhaps then we could influence company policy and stop the race to the bottom. It‚Äôs impressive how people who¬†actually produce anything just get poorer by the day and parasites who live off their creativity keep getting fatter and fatter. And still we call this a ‚Äúpartnership‚ÄĚ.

NO! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LongJon said:

well good but 2000 dollar in usa makes you live mostly under a bridge...that's why i always said these work on internet are possible only in determined country where with 1000 you already earn much more than a lot of people...imagine 2000

agreed.. my traffic is mostly from my country thus it is very very hard for me to earn beyond .. but 2000 dollars is like a few times household income in where i'm living.. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LongJon said:

good positive attitude...400 dollar with so low view number? how can you earn like this.....you're attitude is what i always say...it's ended? move n instead of complaining....microstock will never last is at the end of cycle...350 million images ten website with millions of free images...everyday more and more content and demand is collapsing...its simple economy...it doesn't take keynes to understand this. 

Thank you. yes not much views.. i have very different strategy as compared to other YT ...my target is only to earn 0.10 usd from each video daily.. all my videos do not cost to produce but they solve people's problem so their lifespan is longer although it's pretty hard for them to go viral...the goal is to have over 1000 videos so i can hit 100USD daily.. that's damn good income in where i'm living. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, wong yu liang said:

i generate traffic and convert them into ads(same technique).. im doing youtube too.. i'm getting 400usd per month from youtube only so far .. my videos are crappy

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWSrzcHHnfL_bIbhYYFwHOw

i know i'm not good at generating content.. just started last year..but, we have some start somewhere.. this has been fast and caught up/exceeding my Shutterstock earnings in some months...Lesson in life.. don't keep hitting the wall..you'll be dead doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results. The Internet is huge out there.new niche, new technology.. always new ways to  make money online 

 

Thanks. You have a useful channel... Thousands of views. I also started a YT channel 2 weeks ago. Only 12 subscribers so far. Was thinking to start affiliate revenue also, do website maybe... with images? Don't know yet. Meanwhile I am trading, lost 1 year and a half training and losing money. Now I am on break even, mostly, sometimes I have consistent wining for 2- months, then lose, but overall break even with some consistency. It was very hard. It still is. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, wong yu liang said:

agreed.. my traffic is mostly from my country thus it is very very hard for me to earn beyond .. but 2000 dollars is like a few times household income in where i'm living.. 

that's what i said in previous post without offending anybody..in country like ukraine thailand russia household income for most people is from 500 to 1000 no more..that's why internet job, youtube micro stock are so popular...it's a

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Whiteaster said:

That's true but for $400 from adds you have to work like a slave, providing fresh material all the time.

Btw, your videos are not crappy at all.

Actually i'm doing this part time. while other my Internet revenues is still running.It has been weeks since i've been making anything¬†ūü§£i really should (just made a simple one today).. This is much¬†promising than stockphotos¬†

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, wong yu liang said:

Thank you. yes not much views.. i have very different strategy as compared to other YT ...my target is only to earn 0.10 usd from each video daily.. all my videos do not cost to produce but they solve people's problem so their lifespan is longer although it's pretty hard for them to go viral...the goal is to have over 1000 videos so i can hit 100USD daily.. that's damn good income in where i'm living. 

is what i said always about different earning in cheap country compared to europe or usa...100 dollar in usa is low earning for most people....that's why nobody will do stock earning 1000 dollar...in thai russia 1000 dollar goes a loon g way...and that's why ss is cutting royalty...they know most royalty now goes in that country, they know they can cut a lot since nobody will keep working for them..

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, LongJon said:

you cannot form any union because contributors are spread in different country with different salary level and cost of living...apart this e who feels offended if you say their country is cheaper  the truth is that most contributor and images come from country where you can " survive " basically with 500 dollar...i mean survive not middle class...buit in those country who is middle class? mostly survive...so it's better work as micro stock free independent and earn 500 dollar or work 6 days 8 hour to earn even less? those wpeople who are barking now will never delete anything because they are dependant even of 200 dollars earned in micros...that's why ss is acting like this...they know this...they will have always those contributor and millions of files.

 

I'm 'spread in such a country', already turned my sales off and joined the boycott. And yes, I would join a union.
I find your lack of faith disturbing ;)

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, LongJon said:

good positive attitude...400 dollar with so low view number? how can you earn like this.....you're attitude is what i always say...it's ended? move n instead of complaining....microstock will never last is at the end of cycle...350 million images ten website with millions of free images...everyday more and more content and demand is collapsing...its simple economy...it doesn't take keynes to understand this. 

Yes, we are in a keynsian economy, where they print money. That is to pay debt with more debt, which is taxed on people. The value of the dollar is going down, with so much printing. In 2 months they printed what they printed in three years after the 2008 collapse. So this might be followed by a hyperinflation period. I watched hidden secrets of money series on youtube, and totally changed my perspective on paper curency. It's paper. Search zimbabwe hyperinflation. They had a situation, where 1 became 100 trillion. With the images, we had something like an inflation, also. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...