Kate Shutterstock

New earnings structure for Contributors

You must be kidding?! 10 cent per image by subscription from January?! I wonder, how many really worth contributors remain with you?! Partnership - it is definitely NOT. If it is what going to happen on the 1st of January my portfolio will also be deactivated. You are not alone at photostock market. Good luck with your greedy policy!...

1 minute ago, Maxal Tamor said:

Even if it was 2,500,000 it would change nothing.

The big companies don't give a damn about our petitions...

But if we stop uploading new content to unfair sites, and focus all our energy on uploading new content to fair sites it will make a difference.
And opt out from video/photos, especially videos on my part.

16 hours ago, Angel La Canfora said:

The company is worth a billion dollars. I'm sure they knew contributors would be unhappy about this but probably figured they'd gain new contributors anyway. We are expendable to them. 

The market is flooded with photos and photographers. I think if someone wants to make decent money at it, you'll have to branch out on your own, find your niche. Be your own Shutterstock. 

exactly! start your own shop! Use your creativity to its full extend!

i've always said..if you want the price of the iPhone to drop, find a way to make Apple buyers to stop buying apple for a year or two and see what happens....the people can do anything and everything if they unite...but it never happens ..and let s not get political here

51 minutes ago, Maxal Tamor said:

Even if it were 2,500,000, it would not change anything.

The big companies don't give a damn about our petitions...

Doing nothing is for sure not better and internet outrage DO work sometimes. Alamy partly cancel their commission cut lately and Facebook tried a few times to steal copyright of stuff you upload there but had to give up thanks to public outrage. BTW, I did sign the petition, but how giving money helps it and where does it go???

5 hours ago, Olga_i said:

They have no idea. Once they decided to ruin our incomes, best authors will leave them. I'm not sure about how claimed they will be without high quality content. Who are they without artists and photographers? Just another one platform.

May that's the goal? They think they already have enough content. And they don't want just say f** off! So they do that in their way, - just show that it will not worse time to upload to SS anymore.

A few of my images are over 10 years old and are still my best sellers. Recently I tried to upload similar but different enough images but they got rejected due to being similar even though they are still in demand. 

Pissed off to say the least like everyone else. 

I urge every day during the week to call, write feedback, write e-mail to all managers for all possible 15-20 to report our disagreement. In order not to load the servers, everyone should call and send a letter from 11:00-12:00 and 15: 00-16:00 of his time zone. We use the official contacts provided and therefore do not commit anything illegal. If they cannot answer everyone this is their negligence.

1) they will know that we are people, not the numbers in the statistics,

2) they will know that we are not small as it seems.

I wrote in more detail before:
https://forums.submit.shutterstock.com/topic/100133-new-earnings-structure-for-contributors/?do=findComment&comment=1842445

Sorry for the bad english.

7 hours ago, BobNoah said:

This evil system was copied from 123RF. They are a low-tier earning agency for most contributors at least. 

My dad always taught me to imitate the best ideas not the worse ones. I don't know who taught SS

Here is an image

Screen Shot 2020-05-27 at 8.36.30 PM.png

123rf they make a rating for the last year. And they not reset it to zero every January 1st.

I don't think management will listen to these cries of us. The won't reverse it because management does not listen to their workers. Even if workers strike they hardly ever listen.

why? Because they have to be right. And if a worker knows better then why do we need management?

So we end up in te situation of extremes. Either you bend the knee and accept this.

Or you fight back by ending your account. If enough of us do this, then Shutterstock will fall.

If they survive and thrive then you will know you were worthless to begin with and that you should do something else instead of making worthless images and videos.

2 hours ago, Badon Hill Studio said:

It is possible, but requires lots of work in the beginning, and some capital invested. Need to pay for storage, IT, reviewers, marketing, attorneys...

I mean how possible is it? Is it worth the effort?

5 minutes ago, Olena Zaskochenko said:

123rf they make a rating for the last year. And they not reset it to zero every January 1st.

Yep this is a totally different system and to be fair to 123rf a far more acceptable one which over time favors current contributors not accounts which are idle.

2 minutes ago, DIRK VAN DER VEN MEDIA said:

I don't think management will listen to these cries of us. The won't reverse it because management does not listen to their workers. Even if workers strike they hardly ever listen.

why? Because they have to be right. And if a worker knows better then why do we need management?

So we end up in te situation of extremes. Either you bend the knee and accept this.

Or you fight back by ending your account. If enough of us do this, then Shutterstock will fall.

If they survive and thrive then you will know you were worthless to begin with and that you should do something else instead of making worthless images and videos.

Shutterstock will sink down. We can not do anything with that. They will pay less, and they will got less quality content, and customers will not be able to find what they want in tons of trash, urrelevant cheap content. All we can do, just straight our foots at another path.

When I woke up in the morning, when I turned on my computer, 
I would first look at shutterstock site with nice feelings. 
I can't feel the same feelings now.
 why did you get these feelings from me ?
I also lost my inspiration fairy,i cant find. Where is my inspiration fairy ?

23 hours ago, Przemek Iciak said:

Its not just the India, and "cheap authors" in many cases are way better in what they create than many "not cheap" ones. 

When I say "cheap authors from India", I do not mean bad performers, but people who are satisfied with lower wages compared to American authors, for example.

I don't understand why everyone is recommending Adobe. Don't get me wrong. I love Adobe. But you can't set your own prices. they still pay less than the 40% non exclusive at Pond5 and nothing beats the exclusive programme at Pond5. Why does no one recommend Pond5??? And Pond5 and Adobe work together!!! Sell through Pond5 at Adobe and you earn more than selling directly at Adobe... HELLO. Oooh and for buyers they have the best indemnification. You can sell any type of video ar image (including vectors). And Shutterstock was a good income for me, but it really does not beat pond5. Adobe is nice a third, but dwarfs next to pond5. All the others pocket money. I know my path. If only one agency survives, so be it.

1 minute ago, DIRK VAN DER VEN MEDIA said:

I don't understand why everyone is recommending Adobe. Don't get me wrong. I love Adobe. But you can't set your own prices. they still pay less than the 40% non exclusive at Pond5 and nothing beats the exclusive programme at Pond5. Why does no one recommend Pond5??? And Pond5 and Adobe work together!!! Sell through Pond5 at Adobe and you earn more than selling directly at Adobe... HELLO. Oooh and for buyers they have the best indemnification. You can sell any type of video ar image (including vectors). And Shutterstock was a good income for me, but it really does not beat pond5. Adobe is nice a third, but dwarfs next to pond5. All the others pocket money. I know my path. If only one agency survives, so be it.

Agree!

We are making this adjustment in order to reflect changes in the market for creative content, help to create fair opportunities for all our contributors...

Let Shutterstock first exert itself and ensure fair file approving. No more strange or stupid rejects, when a clear photo is called 'out of focus', and the original vector image is called 'too similar'. And stop to approve the real trash! 

Even high-quality and relevant content is simply lost in a huge database, which got full of bad images because of cancellation of the exam and quality standards.

23 minutes ago, Amlan Mathur said:

PLEASE DO THIS NOW

One quick thing, give SS and SS contributor app a 1 star review, lets send their rating to hell.

Do leave a review mentioning

On May 26th Shutterstock suddenly gave its contributors a 6 day notice that they would cut their earning by 60%. They sent an unclear, haphazard communication (with one correction mail hours later) on how they would screw over the very people who make the content you love.

Buyers : Please take your business to Adobestock, their fair payouts mean you'll always have beautiful up to date images

Contributors : Disable your portfolio on 1st Jun and send a mail to Adobe telling that you've done so. Ensure you spread the word. 

DONE !

4 minutes ago, oleskalashnik said:

Let Shutterstock first exert himself and ensure fair file approving. No more strange or stupid rejects, when a clear photo is called 'out of focus', and the original vector image is called 'too similar'. And stop to approve the real trash!

I really thought only I had those problems