New earnings structure for Contributors

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In an email that is going out today, we are announcing that we will be updating the earnings structure that determines how much you get paid when customers license your work. We are making this adjust

This space will be updated to address frequently asked questions.  My email shows different counts for videos than are shown above. Which is correct? Apologies. The email to video contributo

Just when you think Shutterstock couldn't completely and utterly screw the contributors and more you've gone and done it. Effectively with a January reset everybody gets a cut of 20% or more of e

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, LongJon said:

yes super huge...probably linked to this new level scheme? if we account the big lost of sales and big lost of royalty...i think compared to 2018 in june i will get 5 % of what was normally royalty....

Royalties not changed yet but amount of sold photos dropped so much compared to last week. Maybe another algorythm change?????

Just now, Morrowind said:

This is called Self Termination. Really it is not possible to understand SS. First, search algorythm changed. Now, everything changed.

5 minutes ago, Morrowind said:

I think middle tier agencies such as Dreamstime, 123RF and depositphotos will build new strategies after the decision of SS. There are thousands of angry contributors and these agencies wouldn't want to miss them. We may see the results in near future.

dreamstime 123rf are on the verge of closing..come on...i sold 300 400 dollar in dreamtime...rigt now is miracle to sell 10 dollar...123rf not even check images uploaded....deposit seems better but still we are talking about 1 2 % of sales compared to ss...and they have same level of file.

3 minutes ago, LongJon said:

you come from ukraine....how much is minimum salary in ukraine right now? how many contributor live there and how many content come from there every day? do you think in country like yours with 200 dollar minimum salary many contributor will dump their only way to survive , even if will be 300 400 dollar now compared to 1000 1500 , to risk to sell in adobe only? unfortunately it will not happen...nobody will dump  their folio before others do...the only one who will dump are those who not live out of micro stock and don't care of this...but for full time even dumping 400 500 month right now is impossible....adobe is not telling enough and won't sell enough even if ss will lose 100 million content in a day.

there is already istock who is outperforming adobe in level of sale and they sell photo for 1 cent, and they have 200 million images....the big difference is that for many ss is by far the biggest seller, so people didn't bother with istock selling at one cent, but got crazy with ss because they account for 80% of sale.

so i will wait june fist and check most of portfolio of people dumping their images...i bet mostly are amateur with a 1000 files who not rely on stock as main source

First: https://www.[do_not_advertise_other_microstock_groups]/index.php?page=PollResults

Second: you're looking at the situation now, I'm looking to the perspective. all the revolutions started with people uniting. I know, I'm from Ukraine

Do you know how hard we have to work to get into that place? and all of sudden in new year you will take the place.

I will better not contribute for those schemes where they are resting it every year.  

and If the lowest sale is 0.10 I have to quite.

The payment model does not make scenes even in the cheapest country "Bangladesh".

Just now, Polozov arts said:

First: https://www.[do_not_advertise_other_microstock_groups]/index.php?page=PollResults

Second: you're looking at the situation now, I'm looking to the perspective. all the revolutions started with people uniting. I know, I'm from Ukraine

perspective is found another way of living.. it's simple this industry is not sustainable....there are zero entry nbarrier. the only way of change is collapsing of all agency and restart from zero with 10 image limit week and much more control of quality...so those who are amateur or snap shooters will rest out and market will focus in quality only...but it's a dream impossible. the industry is collapsing from 2016....when every agency let millions file entering...now they are cutting royalty thanks to the fact that most contributor active live in country with very low cost of living....so they can still have images and video and undercut royalty...

3 minutes ago, LongJon said:

dreamstime 123rf are on the verge of closing..come on...i sold 300 400 dollar in dreamtime...rigt now is miracle to sell 10 dollar...123rf not even check images uploaded....deposit seems better but still we are talking about 1 2 % of sales compared to ss...and they have same level of file.

You maybe right but this decision maybe a chance for other agencies. SS is the leader of the market but after this new plans nobody can estimate 1 month ahead. Remember the glory days of IS before their critical decision? It was the biggest agency in the market.  Now they are under the wings of Getty. Tomorrow?

As far as I remember, Depositphotos lost a significant amount of content and authors' portfolios, but this taught them nothing.

On demand for $0,16, refunds for downloaded footages, and so on.

When I deleted my portfolio, support proposed me to distribute content for free, to increase exposure.

It was funny.

Edited by Sergey Zapotylok
mispost
7 minutes ago, LongJon said:

Dreamstime, 123rf, deposit and Adobe now brining more earnings together than shutter.

14 minutes ago, Morrowind said:

I think middle tier agencies such as Dreamstime, 123RF and depositphotos will build new strategies after the decision of SS. There are thousands of angry contributors and these agencies wouldn't want to miss them. We may see the results in near future.

Depositphotos and 123rf are pure scum too.

3 minutes ago, Morrowind said:

You maybe right but this decision maybe a chance for other agencies. SS is the leader of the market but after this new plans nobody can estimate 1 month ahead. Remember the glory days of IS before their critical decision? It was the biggest agency in the market.  Now they are under the wings of Getty. Tomorrow?

that's why i decide to give a try and see my level of sales til end of year....there is simply no way pond5 and adobe will sell enough even with the new level of royalty in ss...adobe is completely dead in the last 2 weeks for example. pond5 sold nothing for me...im not video producer but the few video sales i had are all in ss...

It is unfair to pay a loyal long time contributor the same as a new one. Shutterstock seems to not can about it loyal pass contributors who have helped in growing the business. It seems to me that Shutterstock is looking for ways to bring in fresh content from its contributors whether they are old or new. I believe that maybe they are trying to discourage contributors relying on a large portfolio of old images. They seem to be wanting to push hard on its older contributors to increase the amount of fresh content.

Because they may feel that there's an unlimited amount of new people that will be willing to start out as contributors, they can level the playing field without loosing too much. 

I do not agree with the new pay rate or the restart of the levels each year. I feel that Shutterstock should work in keeping their loyal contributors. There should be a high pay rate for amount of images on a portfolio or for the number of years that a person has been with them. 

I hope that Shutterstock will rethink this new pay rate and level system.  

27 minutes ago, paula french said:

Done!

Can someone please tell me, after doing this can you still access your photos in Catalog Manager? I want to do this as well ASAP, but I still need to copy all keywords and descriptions to Xpiks, since I was stupid enough not to use it before (I tagged directly on ϟϟ) :(

I like these new rules and I think that 10 cents for an image is too much, but 2 cents would be fine. And in General, it is so disgusting to read you, because we all live for art and not for royalties. Therefore, I propose to ship to the Shutterstock absolutely free of charge, because it is our friend, our close relative practically. We need to understand the complex situation in the world and give up this vile greed and give up the rewards on the Shutterstock completely!

1 minute ago, LongJon said:

my main income and main photography is not micro , i0m fine art and i spent many years shooting in ukraine even during the 2014 revolution....i come again after and nothing has changed....money went from a group to another and people got nothing.. that's what will happen.

i remember reading a plan job offer outside a supermarket....you know how much was for basic job a month=? 150 dollar....now even if a contributor will earn 300 400 dollar compared to 1000 they earn now,,do you think most will dump their folio and lose their income to go work for 200 300 dollar 8 hours a day for 6 days?...cis and ukraine contributor accounts for the big chunk of images...if the revolution start from them we can follow but if we western contributor dump our folio ss will lose no more than 50 70 million images.