Kate Shutterstock

New earnings structure for Contributors

21 minutes ago, Sarah2 said:

If would have been bad enough to say that SS had been badly hit by recent issues eg coronavirus etc and as a result had to trim its sales etc etc (and maybe move out of super swanky NY offices!). But to pretend that this is remotely motivating for contributors really takes the biscuit.

Complete agree. I m sellino right now 40 k hear on any forum

Anyone else chuckle at the fact that you have to sell over 25,000 video clips in a single year to achieve the same payout rate as Pond5 offers every single contributor?  And that's after Pond5 reduced their cut from 50% to 40%, and they are STILL miles above Shutterstock for a cut.  

Unreal.  

7 hours ago, Istvan Balogh said:

I don't think so! I have way over 500 downloads (close to 700) since last June, yet I am only Level 3 (251-500). 

7 hours ago, Istvan Balogh said:

I don't think so! I have way over 500 downloads (close to 700) since last June, yet I am only Level 3 (251-500). 

This is strange. I counted my downloads, and the numbers matched with the level they said I am.

23 minutes ago, Aspen Photo said:

Again, beauty of this is you can decide what is right for you.

That said, if it was beneficial for us, would they not have included it in the announcement? Do you trust anything they say anyway?

I not trust i already know the cut eill be 70% i want see in jume first the reality. 

I want be sure :If I deactivate my portfolio, can they continue to sell my images?

I will do it on 1 JUNE for sure.I don't even have one photo of #10 cents.What can I buy for ten cents as a food photographer?Let me a think  hımmmm 😮 I can't even buy white cardboard ! Nothing! The Sacrifice Feast coming for muslims that need meat !Do you have any idea how much 1kg meat here? $13-15 

Ok,this is serious a business a trade i have not an image for 10c. Sorry !I think you are dizzy above in stock world,you should come back to reality.I can not make a creative images for 10c !

I came here three years ago it was not easy but i can go very easy,not problem.This job is a marathon not a hundred-meter run that we will run over and over,start again Like a robot that's out of memory!i really can't believe...

20 hours ago, Goldsithney said:

What a joke I am 500 dis away from 10000 after 5 years and now this. Well does this inspire me to make new content, I don't think so. Quite the opposite. 

This actually inspired me to move on to Adobe Stock. Yesterday I sold an image there for 1'23€.

1 hour ago, DIRK VAN DER VEN MEDIA said:

The people responsible:

https://investor.shutterstock.com/board-directors

These are the people that treat you worthless. Remember their faces, remember their names.

Actually there's an article in Forbes about a restructuring... https://www.forbes.com/sites/stevenbertoni/2020/02/13/shutterstock-founder-and-ceo-jon-oringer-to-step-down-in-april/#2e3153ec7e8b

Just sold a video and payed me 1,80 dolar. 

Under what licence you guys sell my videos for such a price?

Thanks for doing this during this Corona virus pandemic.

No government helps us to live and Shutterstock wants more money for themself. 

Screen Shot 2020-05-27 at 16.34.38.png

2 minutes ago, Sergey Zapotylok said:

They turned off comments on Instagram.

The flow of contributors thanks were too plentiful.

My brother told me protest on Twitter,too even shared and distributed by non-photographers

21 hours ago, Aaron of L.A. Photography said:

If people want to leave, leave more money for others. If you actually did the calculation you will see the difference. Base on the subscription model that customers pay for. I will be making over a dollar now. I am happy with that. 

Someone is in for a nasty shock come 01 June when they realize that the vast majority of subscription downloads will only earn contributors 10c/image in revenue. 

1 minute ago, bodrumsurf said:

Just sold a video and payed me 1,80 dolar. 

They are telling on social media that video 9 dolar !

The company is worth a billion dollars. I'm sure they knew contributors would be unhappy about this but probably figured they'd gain new contributors anyway. We are expendable to them. 

The market is flooded with photos and photographers. I think if someone wants to make decent money at it, you'll have to branch out on your own, find your niche. Be your own Shutterstock. 

22 hours ago, CFH DESIGN said:

This is just a joke.

10 years with SS and now I'll be getting 20% commission on my footage clips???

No lifetime sales tier, just what you sold last year/this year....

To get to the current % you would need to sell OVER 2500 clips in a year !!! This is not just INSANE, but absolutely the last straw.

My portfolio will be deleted as soon as I can.

Thanks.

I agree with you!

This is f***ng crazy! 
This is a "genocide" of small stokers.

1 minute ago, chyworks said:

I did! You read minds! 
Doug’s so pumped with his video sales here and wonder he still wanna “plant the seeds” in SS after this...

Also i was wondering him last night!

1 hour ago, Zhitkov Boris said:

Just curious. Is there anybody who selling 25000 videos per year? :)

Not even close. I was reading about this on MSG - P5 has an advanced search that lets you narrow search results to show only videos that have sold etc..

From what I understand, BlackBoxGuild, the biggest video contributor, made 11k sales in a year on a portfolio of 1.5 million on P5. Their portfolio here is half the size, so maybe 5.5k sales a year, assuming the same rate of sales. And, remember, BlackBoxGuild is actually thousands of different contributors on the same account.