Kate Shutterstock

New earnings structure for Contributors

1 hour ago, Ruslan_Grebeshkov said:

Friends, in General, it is clear that this is inevitable. In five years, generative content will be available in General. shatterstock will make a strict sorting - only the TOP super-authors will be left, so that there will be someone to train the neural network on new trends. And everything else will be generated. Most likely, image search itself will become a thing of the past, because it will become a very archaic action - it will become very expensive for the user to sit for half a day searching for the desired image. It seems to me that there will be something like a tick - you choose the author's style, type in keywords, and get the result.
Even now, Shutterstock is a model of a neural network in which individual neurons (people) look at trends and generate similar variations. It's just that people are doing it now and it seems that there is some meaning in it. And in fact - the business model of drains is ideal for AI. And this applies not only to the vector, but also to photos and video content. And vector images in this list are first in line. Shutterstock itself will soon implement a neural network in its engine. Imagine how many problems they have will be gone - no need to think about the community of designers to pay them money. You don't need to track legal issues on images, on models, the use of trademarks in images...
And if Shutterstock doesn't do it in time, someone else will do it and throw him off Olympus. Good day to all!

Друзья, в целом же понятно, что это неизбежно. Через пять лет вообще генеративный контент будет долю на рынке. Шаттерсток сделает жесткую сортировку - оставят только ТОП супер-авторов, чтобы было кому нейронную сетку обучать на новых трендах. А все остальное будет генерироваться. Скорее всего сам поиск изображений уйдет в прошлое, т.к. это станет очень архаичным действием - это станет очень дорогим удовольствием для пользователя сидеть пол дня искать нужную картинку. Что-то типа такого будет, мне кажется - выбираешь стилистику автора, вбиваешь ключевые слова, получаешь результат.
Уже сейчас шаттерсток представляют из себя модель нейронной сети, в которой отдельные нейроны (люди) смотрят на тренды и генерируют похожие вариации. Просто сейчас это делают люди и кажется, что в этом есть какая-то осмысленность. А по сути - бизнес-модель стоков идеально подходит для AI. И касается это не только вектора, но и фотографий и видео контента. А векторные изображения в этом списке первые на очереди. Сам шаттерсток скоро внедрит нейронную сеть в свой движок. Представь сколько проблем у них пропадет - не надо думать о сообществе дизайнеров, платить им деньги. Не надо отслеживать правовые вопросы на картинки, на моделей, использование торговых марок в изображениях...
А если Шаттерсток это вовремя не сделает, это сделает кто-то другой и сбросит его с Олимпа. Всем доброго дня!

Видел я генеративный контент, созданый скриптами и нейросетями, в том числе для микростоков. Это не то, такой не зайдет, а если и достигнет хорошого уровня когда то, то живые авторы еще большего и качественного уровня в иллюстрациях и видео достигнут, ну будет тогда шатер генерить масу для ширпотреба ( Это как натуральное мясо и перемолотые кости и химия в самых дешевых сосисках, что бы вы предпочли? ) 

Personal y i think this as full time job is finished, if not this move next year no body will live out of this in modern country with mínimum salary near 2000 dollar, sure in poor country you can live out of 200 dollar u can do micro atock gorever. That said in my opinion people is fo using too much on level.... bring on level

one or level

5 will make a big difference only for video and of sale.... most sub sold are part of big packaging so everybody will receive 10 cent despote the lévela. If say 80 90% of sub are like this now: so every contriboutor will lose from 50 70 per cent in sube earning, then some will recover some dollar with of and high er level sale, but what i see is sale recente y are only sub. They know this exactly so they change from mínimum to% sácheme. Level will count very little. No body will buy video ok demand or  single soon, or photo.

Just now, BusinessIllustrator said:

Видел я генеративный контент, созданый скриптами и нейросетями, в том числе для микростоков. Это не то, такой не зайдет, а если и достигнет хорошого уровня когда то, то живые авторы еще большего и качественного уровня в иллюстрациях и видео достигнут, ну будет тогда шатер генерить масу для ширпотреба ( Это как натуральное мясо и перемолотые кости и химия в самых дешевых сосисках, что бы вы предпочли? ) 

Как говорят, поживем увидим). А пока не отвлекаемся, продолжаем рисовать). Всем добра!

45 minutes ago, Rich Carey said:

Thanks for replying. When IS/GI did this they crashed from being market leaders to an irrelevant bunch of losers. SS should have seen that as a warning, not an example to follow 

I have stopped send any content to IS/GI, they not even worse time spend to upload content

The most valuable asset Shutterstock has is the contributors. Without them Shutterstock will be dead in no time.

Cutting royalties is the wrong way to increase profit.

Cut your marketing department salaries, they are the ones who fail at their job.

Personally i wait first jume to see what% of suba are sold in big or small %. Then i can see what kind of earning expect. If most are sold as part of 750 package. As i think,different level will make small difference cause 90% of time we will receive 10 cent in every level. This move will cit out earning by 30 to 70 percent despiste the level so even if they zero the level in january this will make small impact. They use the level mess to cover the real fa y...%scheme make them milione dollar.

At least once as a result of muddy innovations, your earnings increased on stocks?
Let's wait on June 1st, then January 1st, then something else. But not just wait, but work for a penny ... wait.

If sales start at 10 cents or less. I'll deactivate image sales of my portfolio for a month. It’s better to endure one month without part of the income, than then get half of the income (or even less) from the shutterstock.

Well done,very fair.

6 minutes ago, LongJon said:

Personally i wait first jume to see what% of suba are sold in big or small %. Then i can see what kind of earning expect. If most are sold as part of 750 package. As i think,different level will make small difference cause 90% of time we will receive 10 cent in every level. This move will cit out earning by 30 to 70 percent despiste the level so even if they zero the level in january this will make small impact. They use the level mess to cover the real fa y...%scheme make them milione dollar.

Again, beauty of this is you can decide what is right for you.

That said, if it was beneficial for us, would they not have included it in the announcement? Do you trust anything they say anyway?

If would have been bad enough to say that SS had been badly hit by recent issues eg coronavirus etc and as a result had to trim its sales etc etc (and maybe move out of super swanky NY offices!). But to pretend that this is remotely motivating for contributors really takes the biscuit.

Shutterstock, having slept on this and being inspired by your comments, in the email ( shown in bold). From the inception of this unfair policy think I will do the following.

In order to help to create fair opportunities for all our contributors (me), and reward performance with greater earnings potential. I believe I will start downloading content to another site.

@Kate Shutterstock please provide usual mix of sales Per Market, so we can analyse the impact.  Any agents would have done that for their partners.....  Any time I have changed commission structure for partners, this was provided for them as a mark of RESPECT.  The lack of such clearly shows SS contempt towards us.

19 minutes ago, LongJon said:

Why should you wait June 1st.  This is information an agent should have provided with the change to partners.....  Again @Kate Shutterstock please provide usual mix of sales Per Market, so we can analyse the impact.  Any agents would have done that for their partners....

I would like to remind you that before that there was still unpleasant news. Under a new subscription, 4K videos are sold for $ 9. The authors got $ 3. I turned off my briefcase for a month, but unfortunately I was one of several, and I had to go back, I thought maybe I'm stupid and wrong. And now I'm glad that you all understand me the same. I'm glad you opened your eyes.

5 minutes ago, jean-francois me said:

Why should you wait June 1st.  This is information an agent should have provided with the change to partners.....  Again @Kate Shutterstock please provide usual mix of sales Per Market, so we can analyse the impact.  Any agents would have done that for their partners....

They wont give,, they not care is clearly. So i expect to see roba of 10 cent sale from jume and decide what to do. For me level are not importante what is a night mare is they move to% royalty. 

21 hours ago, Matt Gibson said:

@Kate Shutterstock

Can you please get someone to run some figures for us? Give us some scenarios of real world change to earnings based on these changes = obviously these have been calculated already, which is what supported the decision, and it obviously works in SS favor but people need to be able to see how it effects them individually.

Very difficult to try and calculate % when we don't know the selling prices, and they are subject to change at the whim of SS.

I'll brek it up for you: you'll earn shit.

Just now, LongJon said:

They wont give,, they not care is clearly. So i expect to see roba of 10 cent sale from jume and decide what to do. For me level are not importante what is a night mare is they move to% royalty. 

if you believe "they not care" (sic!) why are you allowing them to distribute your work