New earnings structure for Contributors

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In an email that is going out today, we are announcing that we will be updating the earnings structure that determines how much you get paid when customers license your work. We are making this adjust

This space will be updated to address frequently asked questions.  My email shows different counts for videos than are shown above. Which is correct? Apologies. The email to video contributo

Just when you think Shutterstock couldn't completely and utterly screw the contributors and more you've gone and done it. Effectively with a January reset everybody gets a cut of 20% or more of e

Posted Images

Personally i wait first jume to see what% of suba are sold in big or small %. Then i can see what kind of earning expect. If most are sold as part of 750 package. As i think,different level will make small difference cause 90% of time we will receive 10 cent in every level. This move will cit out earning by 30 to 70 percent despiste the level so even if they zero the level in january this will make small impact. They use the level mess to cover the real fa y...%scheme make them milione dollar.

At least once as a result of muddy innovations, your earnings increased on stocks?
Let's wait on June 1st, then January 1st, then something else. But not just wait, but work for a penny ... wait.

If sales start at 10 cents or less. I'll deactivate image sales of my portfolio for a month. It’s better to endure one month without part of the income, than then get half of the income (or even less) from the shutterstock.

Well done,very fair.

6 minutes ago, LongJon said:

Personally i wait first jume to see what% of suba are sold in big or small %. Then i can see what kind of earning expect. If most are sold as part of 750 package. As i think,different level will make small difference cause 90% of time we will receive 10 cent in every level. This move will cit out earning by 30 to 70 percent despiste the level so even if they zero the level in january this will make small impact. They use the level mess to cover the real fa y...%scheme make them milione dollar.

Again, beauty of this is you can decide what is right for you.

That said, if it was beneficial for us, would they not have included it in the announcement? Do you trust anything they say anyway?

If would have been bad enough to say that SS had been badly hit by recent issues eg coronavirus etc and as a result had to trim its sales etc etc (and maybe move out of super swanky NY offices!). But to pretend that this is remotely motivating for contributors really takes the biscuit.

Shutterstock, having slept on this and being inspired by your comments, in the email ( shown in bold). From the inception of this unfair policy think I will do the following.

In order to help to create fair opportunities for all our contributors (me), and reward performance with greater earnings potential. I believe I will start downloading content to another site.

@Kate Shutterstock please provide usual mix of sales Per Market, so we can analyse the impact.  Any agents would have done that for their partners.....  Any time I have changed commission structure for partners, this was provided for them as a mark of RESPECT.  The lack of such clearly shows SS contempt towards us.

19 minutes ago, LongJon said:

Why should you wait June 1st.  This is information an agent should have provided with the change to partners.....  Again @Kate Shutterstock please provide usual mix of sales Per Market, so we can analyse the impact.  Any agents would have done that for their partners....

I would like to remind you that before that there was still unpleasant news. Under a new subscription, 4K videos are sold for $ 9. The authors got $ 3. I turned off my briefcase for a month, but unfortunately I was one of several, and I had to go back, I thought maybe I'm stupid and wrong. And now I'm glad that you all understand me the same. I'm glad you opened your eyes.

21 hours ago, Matt Gibson said:

@Kate Shutterstock

Can you please get someone to run some figures for us? Give us some scenarios of real world change to earnings based on these changes = obviously these have been calculated already, which is what supported the decision, and it obviously works in SS favor but people need to be able to see how it effects them individually.

Very difficult to try and calculate % when we don't know the selling prices, and they are subject to change at the whim of SS.

I'll brek it up for you: you'll earn shit.

5 minutes ago, jean-francois me said:

Why should you wait June 1st.  This is information an agent should have provided with the change to partners.....  Again @Kate Shutterstock please provide usual mix of sales Per Market, so we can analyse the impact.  Any agents would have done that for their partners....

They wont give,, they not care is clearly. So i expect to see roba of 10 cent sale from jume and decide what to do. For me level are not importante what is a night mare is they move to% royalty. 

21 minutes ago, Sarah2 said:

If would have been bad enough to say that SS had been badly hit by recent issues eg coronavirus etc and as a result had to trim its sales etc etc (and maybe move out of super swanky NY offices!). But to pretend that this is remotely motivating for contributors really takes the biscuit.

Complete agree. I m sellino right now 40 k hear on any forum

7 hours ago, Istvan Balogh said:

I don't think so! I have way over 500 downloads (close to 700) since last June, yet I am only Level 3 (251-500). 

7 hours ago, Istvan Balogh said:

I don't think so! I have way over 500 downloads (close to 700) since last June, yet I am only Level 3 (251-500). 

This is strange. I counted my downloads, and the numbers matched with the level they said I am.

I want be sure :If I deactivate my portfolio, can they continue to sell my images?

I will do it on 1 JUNE for sure.I don't even have one photo of #10 cents.What can I buy for ten cents as a food photographer?Let me a think  hımmmm 😮 I can't even buy white cardboard ! Nothing! The Sacrifice Feast coming for muslims that need meat !Do you have any idea how much 1kg meat here? $13-15 

Ok,this is serious a business a trade i have not an image for 10c. Sorry !I think you are dizzy above in stock world,you should come back to reality.I can not make a creative images for 10c !

I came here three years ago it was not easy but i can go very easy,not problem.This job is a marathon not a hundred-meter run that we will run over and over,start again Like a robot that's out of memory!i really can't believe...