New earnings structure for Contributors

9 minutes ago, ngaga said:

It's not clear to me what they want to achieve with this.

Clearly, they want to lower the quality of content or bankrupt. Who want to sell their images for 10 cents? Only newcomers with camera-phones. Professionals with good quality content will disable their portfolios and move to another stock.

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In an email that is going out today, we are announcing that we will be updating the earnings structure that determines how much you get paid when customers license your work. We are making this adjust

This is just a joke. 10 years with SS and now I'll be getting 20% commission on my footage clips??? No lifetime sales tier, just what you sold last year/this year.... To get to the curr

This space will be updated to address frequently asked questions.  My email shows different counts for videos than are shown above. Which is correct? Apologies. The email to video contributo

Posted Images

My work mainly concerns the editorial, there are sometimes significant costs. Sometimes I have to wait several hours like other journalists to take photos or videos of political leaders or events.  It's apart from all reason. By selling about 900 photos / videos per month I have the maximum level for a long time. If I calculate my income correctly, it will be divided by 4. How you can make such a decision, how can you believe that we will put the same energy into creating content for an income 4 times lower. I am dismayed, I know that my position like all the others will be ignored but if you change your business model, I have to review mine You were different from other agencies. How can you believe that you could continue to benefit from such content for 10c the photo or a few dollars the videos. 

8 hours ago, Olena Zaskochenko said:

Just deleted first 20 images. Tomorrow will continue.

Shutterstock was always the first platform where I upload new content. So it want to be the last. Other stock platforms will get fresh first. And it seems that from January 1st it is no sence to upload new content until you get to some level, because new content will be sold for unfair low price, so it is better to collect for several month new content. Upload to other stocks, and when price on shutter will became higher, only then upload content.

If it helps, upload to P5 first (if you use them) and then use their metadata to process the other platforms. Saves days of manual work.

FB-Post of German Shutterstock on April 23, 2020.

"Compassion, solidarity, cohesion: Many marketing campaigns these days show heart and soul. Read more on our blog about how to encourage people in times of crisis."

And what are you doing, Shutterstock? Robbery.

Shutterstock facebook.jpg

6 minutes ago, Przemek Iciak said:

Well its a business. The amount of contributors and newcomers from country's like India is so huge that i think Shuttestock dont care about ppl leaving...

Suppose Shutterstock want to relies on cheap authors from India. Question: But what, the Indians will be able to provide a sufficient number of fresh photographs taken in Europe and America? Nah.

3 minutes ago, Romrodphoto said:

"Compassion, solidarity, cohesion: Many marketing campaigns these days show heart and soul. Read more on our blog about how to encourage people in times of crisis."

A very good post! +1

3 minutes ago, Romrodphoto said:

Hypocrisy at its best. They brag about humane values on their social media and then just stab us in our backs when we suffer from the global crisis.

Seriously if the contributor community want to make an impact there needs to be organizing as many contributors together to effectively disrupt the new model. I see suggestions to opt-out of sales from 1 June. No need to delete ports unless contributors want to. Just turn them off. There needs to be a clear and concise message and instruction to fellow contributors on various forums on how to opt-out on 1 June, perhaps for a period of two weeks (initially) to send a clear message. A 10% to 20% shutdown of content would suffice to achieve this as shareholders won't be happy with a significant drop in sales and profits.

Key is the contributor community need to strike while the iron is hot because this is the only chance you have to make a difference before emotions settle and a new normal sets in. There won't be another chance.

Just my humble opinion.

2 minutes ago, Steven Tritton said:

Seriously if the contributor community want to make an impact there needs to be organizing as many contributors together to effectively disrupt the new model. I see suggestions to opt-out of sales from 1 June. No need to delete ports unless contributors want to. Just turn them off. There needs to be a clear and concise message and instruction to fellow contributors on various forums on how to opt-out on 1 June, perhaps for a period of two weeks (initially) to send a clear message. A 10% to 20% shutdown of content would suffice to achieve this as shareholders won't be happy with a significant drop in sales and profits.

Key is the contributor community need to strike while the iron is hot because this is the only chance you have to make a difference before emotions settle and a new normal sets in. There won't be another chance.

Just my humble opinion.

I disabled my content + 

7 minutes ago, Steven Tritton said:

Just my humble opinion.

This x100!! Although I would say indefinitely shut off ports, not just for two weeks. Until they actually change this load of crap they call an "improvement."

Like many others. I have been a contributor since 2005 and have sold thousands working my way up the levels. Now I'm sold down the river. My best sellers will earn me half or less than they have done WHILE THE COMPANY KEEPS A BIGGER SHARE. 

Lets be clear here. Our images will not be sold cheaper. We will get a lower cut.

I am tempted to leave...Watch this space!!!!!!!!

Angry. You Bet.

Will the accountant who thought up this cunning plan, and has angered so many, be getting a raise?

Just now, El Caron said:

SS kill again old contributors who deliver high end content to SS!

So dear SS, enjoy millions of NEW FRESH low level content from junior contributors.

I'm on my road to close my account after 12 years!

They do this from long time... Changing algoritms, caped sales now this stupidness in the botom line... But now they will get what they deserve - IS number 2. From leader to crapy thief... This is SS now...