New earnings structure for Contributors

6 hours ago, AnastasiaOsipova said:

Hello, everyone! There are so many amazing authors, superbly talented people! This is unreal cool!!! But! Shutterstock, you don't appreciate us... Yes, ladnol, I'm new here and I don't have the coolest jobs, but I will be very sorry to say goodbye to you! You were like my first love... Now you're spitting into your own well. We'll survive because you're not the only one. Will you survive?

I'm sorry to hear that you arrived late to the party here. Times were really good in the old days. But yes you are so right. This is devastating news. It is shocking. Your attitude is right. I hope that SS will harm themselves with this cold hearted decision. There are better places that deserve our images. 

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In an email that is going out today, we are announcing that we will be updating the earnings structure that determines how much you get paid when customers license your work. We are making this adjust

This is just a joke. 10 years with SS and now I'll be getting 20% commission on my footage clips??? No lifetime sales tier, just what you sold last year/this year.... To get to the curr

This space will be updated to address frequently asked questions.  My email shows different counts for videos than are shown above. Which is correct? Apologies. The email to video contributo

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Rushay said:

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever" George Orwell

Shutterstock must just be honest they ain't got no loyalty. They are just lining their own pockets at the cost of the contributors. I think at this time we should invest more into Adobe, yes we understand you a business but when you have no regard for the people that brought you where you are it's time for them to pull out.

"...yes we understand you a business but when you have no regard for the people that brought you where you are it's time for them to pull out."

Well said!

Big shutterstock meeting:

CEO; "the world is going through a difficult period. we need to turn this crisis into an opportunity. we'll pay the contributors less."

Other people:" contributors will react greatly.

CEO: "What are they going to do? will they leave?"hahaahahah (laughter in the meeting room...)

after the industrial revolution, they used to cut factory workers ' wages every year. more to earn and increase income. in the new world order, we are the new cheap workers. we're new to this system and we can't react. because we can't organize. Watch "the english game" on Netflix. it's about our current situation.

10 minutes ago, AB Photostudio said:

They are probably trying to attract stock photo factories like Yuri Arcurs, doubt that's going to happen...

I would of thought the big players will still have the most to lose especially with the reset every January. But then who knows what arrangements are being made with large contributor accounts behind the scenes. 

After turning vector uploads into a nightmare (regardless of long time contributors telling you it makes no sense), do you really think people will resize vectors and manually keyword for 0.1$?? What's next? We will going to pay you for selling our work? Thank you Shutterstock for spitting on us. It's time for copycats to take over.

9 hours ago, futuristman said:

executives read and laugh. CEO: We know these reactions will come. they talk and then they shut up.

Yes, it has always been like this, and always will be, unless we organize for a serious reaction.

8 hours ago, BusinessIllustrator said:

Adobe Stock the best

Don't be naive, other one, two, maybe three years and Adobe will do the same as all other stock agencies…
:(

1 minute ago, GregDPhotos said:

Someone, please tell me my math is wrong...

New_Payout_Structure.jpg.6aa1b8c0c820f3506f0cdd7ff8b4186a.jpg

… Because if I'm right, not even the most successful contributors will make 25 cents on most subscription downloads...

It should be within the last 12 months periode, not always from jan-dec, reset in jan. Doesn't make sense

Whats the point of giving those levels when you will take it away every year?

Please do one of those instead:

1. Don't take away levels of the contributor unless the download amount gets lower in 1 year period.

Or

2. Remove levels and give flat rate to each downloads to everyone.

If you don't do so, it will be big scam, where you are killing the contributors and taking money from them at the same time.

These are the sales possibilities now. My average per image has been $ 0.35 so far. A rough average as per this table gives me $ 3.46. Still confused though.

Videos - no comment.

S.No. Subscription Plan / month Cost per image          Earning              @ 20%
PHOTO
1 5 images - standard license 9.80 1.96
2 5 images - enhanced license 99.50 19.90
3 10 images per month- monthly no contract 4.90 0.98
4 10 images per month- annual with monthly billing 2.90 0.58
5 10 images per month- annual with advance billing 2.49 0.50
6 25 images - standard license 9.16 1.83
7 25 images - enhanced license 89.80 17.96
8 25 images - enhanced license ($ 1699) 67.96 13.59
9 50 images - monthly no contract 2.50 0.50
10 50 images - annual with monthly billing 1.98 0.40
11 50 images - annual with advance billing 1.63 0.33
12 350 images - monthly no contract 0.57 0.11
13 350 images - annual with monthly billing 0.48 0.10
14 350 images - annual with advance billing 0.39 0.08
15 750 images - monthly no contract 0.33 0.07
16 750 images - annual with monthly billing 0.27 0.05
17 750 images - annual with advance billing 0.22 0.04
VIDEO
1 10 video clips - annual with monthly turnover $ 159 per month 15.90 3.18
2 10 video clips - monthly no contract 35.90 7.18
3 10 video clips - annual with advance billing 13.32 2.66
4 20 video clips - annual with monthly billing 9.95 1.99
5 20 video clips - monthly no contract 33.45 6.69
6 20 video clips - annual with advance billing 8.33 1.67

Is this a new SS strategy to fight frikpic? If so, take you handbags and get off the warfield. How contributors, who barely earn min withdrawal, gonna survive? We already have sales downfall since 2015.  dont't turn into frikpic!! Что за хренотня емае. 

4 minutes ago, AB Photostudio said:

It should be within the last 12 months periode, not always from jan-dec, reset in jan. Doesn't make sense

It makes sense if the goal is to substantially reduce the ever-cumbersome payouts to us contributors... It's not like we are necessary, are we? :wacko: