New earnings structure for Contributors

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In an email that is going out today, we are announcing that we will be updating the earnings structure that determines how much you get paid when customers license your work. We are making this adjust

This space will be updated to address frequently asked questions.  My email shows different counts for videos than are shown above. Which is correct? Apologies. The email to video contributo

Just when you think Shutterstock couldn't completely and utterly screw the contributors and more you've gone and done it. Effectively with a January reset everybody gets a cut of 20% or more of e

Posted Images

And this would be the reason why I still have my largest portfolio in another company (8000+ images with about 3000-4000 going up in the next couple of months). I much rather earn 20% of a 100-1000 dollar sale than 40-50% of a 50 cent or 1-5 dollar sale. And now this will get reduced to 15% for EVERYBODY at the beginning of each year. I most DEFINITELY don't make a lot of money here on Shutterstock, but those who DO, who work exclusively making stock for microstock companies...? They're taking away their livelihood out of their lives and that is most certainly not fair to them.

Just now, Richard Whitcombe said:

Its perfect to adjust the algorithm as well to keep as many people as possible on the lowest tiers possible.  Even more money for SS then.

They'll want loads of those 15% sales.

Im still convinced that video submitters are going to take by far the biggest hit here.

I'd already decided not to submit any new footage here as they give it away for nearly nothing all too often.

1 minute ago, Duncan Andison said:

I'd already decided not to submit any new footage here as they give it away for nearly nothing all too often.

Think of that nice warm feeling you'll get in January getting 15% of a $10 video sub sale instead of 33%.....

Ultimately with 5 days notice they've told everyone they're getting a pay cut with a much much bigger one due in 6 months time.

Since sales have crashed during COVID its a perfet time to introduce a numbers based system too.   Everyones numbers are delightfully low currently.

Это ужасно несправедливо! Почему все мои достижения будут обнулены 1 января? Вы лишаете меня стимула. Нет никакого смысла работать. Пострадают лучшие артисты. Участники, которые сделали самый качественный контент, потеряют больше всего. Они уезжают из Шаттерстока.

6 minutes ago, Rolling Spider TV said:

Does anybody know 
If I press No on the Licensing options in user acccount settings does this stop Shutterstock selling the files and give me the option to say yes again at some point if I change my mind withought having delete everything (which I would rather do than accept this)

Licensing Options.JPG

Correct

I have always been a fan of Shutterstock. I convinced my friends to join. I have made YouTube videos about Shutterstock and many many people signed up using my link and uploaded to Shutterstock.

I have put a lot, I really mean a lot of effort into Shutterstock because I liked it a lot. I didn't upload to any other agency because I simply liked Shutterstock.

When I read the email, it broke my heart. I will start uploading my work to other stock agencies now and I will tell my friends (who are professional creators) not to bother with Shutterstock anymore. I will probably make a YouTube video about it too.

Shutterstock will have short term gain but definitely long term losses. Thanks for the opportunities Shutterstock, all good things must come to an end.