New earnings structure for Contributors

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In an email that is going out today, we are announcing that we will be updating the earnings structure that determines how much you get paid when customers license your work. We are making this adjust

This is just a joke. 10 years with SS and now I'll be getting 20% commission on my footage clips??? No lifetime sales tier, just what you sold last year/this year.... To get to the curr

This space will be updated to address frequently asked questions.  My email shows different counts for videos than are shown above. Which is correct? Apologies. The email to video contributo

Posted Images

13 hours ago, Studio 2 said:

Can you clarify please what this amounts to in each category as I don't know how much customers pay. Otherwise I can't make sense of the percentages.

Generally, we contributors will get 10 cents per sub.

14 minutes ago, Raisa Kanareva said:

This is meanness. You know that many now because of a pandemic may not have time to react and hope to "slip through".
This approach will lead to the collapse of your business in the near future.
Think about it.

There is no pandemic at all. It was created to simple things out. Lower expenses and increase profit.

Posted (edited)

With nearly $60K in lifetime earnings and a few thousand uploads, I do not say this flippantly nor without great pause, but, I don't see how I can feel good about continuing with this agency. I have recommended SS to sooooo many people over the years from friends to attendees at my classes and when I speak to camera clubs. Sadly and unfortunately, I don't see how I can do so now. Of all the things I desired to accomplish with my photography and videography, becoming a prostitute was not one of them.It's been a good ride, even with reduced earning the last couple years, but all good things come to an end. Sad. Very sad right now.
On a happy note, AS earning continue to increase!

Edited by Kenneth Keifer
forgot something
13 hours ago, mary981 said:

All contributors reset to level 1 at the beginning of the year. This sounds like a substantial pay cut. Is it? What is the payout I should expect from what a .36 subscription royalty is now? 

Normally 10 cents, sometimes maybe a little more.

It really is simple to take contributors more money as already, isn't it? Reset all contributors to Level 1 each year? Really? Does you sallary at SS reset to start position every year? Or your shares SSTK on NYSE? Stupid comparing, but do they? It is Sisyphus work and nothing else. SS you have been great agency for me, personally speaking in years before, top one! But now ... one big disappointment from month to month and so on.  😥

My guess is that we are all just loosing our time posting in this thread, clearly they just have some girl who they hired specially to answer only the key questions here, she scrolls trough this posts to find them, and no one of those who decided to make this change is going to bother to react here, because we are nobody to them. Those people are way too puffed up to take any responsibility for their actions, and I am in doubt all of our comment together will make any difference for them. That is clearly a rude case of "just business, nothing personal" approach. 

What they do forget, is that they also mortal, like us, and the impact they have made here on earth, if they believe it or not - is much more important then the bank balance they are going to have in the moment of death. 

Great people are remembered because of the sacrifices they made for others, only such people are remaining on the pages of the history,

and greedy unworthy people are being forgotten very fast, wiped out from everyone's memory, even from the memory of the close ones. 

10 hours ago, Kate Shutterstock said:

Kate, this is an extremely simple question, and you obviously know the exact answer. I am a level 5 contributor. How much will I receive for subscription downloads. Do not say the percentage or "not less than 10c", just tell me the number. Right now it is 38c. What will it be next week? 

3 hours ago, yusia said:

I read it as the tiers will be increasing (or not, if the sales stay low) during the year. So yes, they calculated your tier starting June 2019. So, If you are tier 4 or 5 on December 31, on January 1st you will roll back to tier 1. 

I don't think so! I have way over 500 downloads (close to 700) since last June, yet I am only Level 3 (251-500). 

3 minutes ago, Istvan Balogh said:

I don't think so! I have way over 500 downloads (close to 700) since last June, yet I am only Level 3 (251-500). 

I agree.  Tiers effective June 1st are calculated from January 1st of this year.

17 minutes ago, Rich Carey said:

Kate, this is an extremely simple question, and you obviously know the exact answer. I am a level 5 contributor. How much will I receive for subscription downloads. Do not say the percentage or "not less than 10c", just tell me the number. Right now it is 38c. What will it be next week? 

10c for most of your sales. There are several spreadsheets in this topic showing calculations based on this new model. For most popular packages you will not get more than 23c even at rank 6. Most people will be getting 10c from now on.