New earnings structure for Contributors

we left for long journeys,
we bought photographic and video equipment,
we risked making videos, filming and reporting,
we worked and loaded day and night,
we uploaded and reloaded photos that were unfairly rejected,
and now they tell me that my work is paid for with 4 boiled chestnuts !!!
this is an insult to those who work!
I know this won't change your decision,
but this step will mark your end!
If there are no contributors there will be no material to sell,
and if there are no good contributors you will not have good material to sell!
this is the right way to close!
CONGRATULATIONS FOR THE IDEA !!

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In an email that is going out today, we are announcing that we will be updating the earnings structure that determines how much you get paid when customers license your work. We are making this adjust

This is just a joke. 10 years with SS and now I'll be getting 20% commission on my footage clips??? No lifetime sales tier, just what you sold last year/this year.... To get to the curr

This space will be updated to address frequently asked questions.  My email shows different counts for videos than are shown above. Which is correct? Apologies. The email to video contributo

Posted Images

19 minutes ago, Firn said:

Did you look at the numbers? Even at 30% you'll still get 0.10$ only for a sub as part of the large subscription package.This is not just a hard pill to swollow for newbies, but for everyone. It's a cut in earnings by over 70%.
Some people earn their living solely with microstock, some others like me might have a main job, but depend on the extra income, especially in times like this. A 70% cut in income is not something most people can get on with.

I'm curious to know how much SS wasted on leased space in the Empire State Building at a time when most of that space was unused due to the lockdown. 

We're being made to pay for this management team's wasteful spending and poor database management over the last few years.  Nothing "progressive" about the shameful treatment of the people whose work you profit from!

Hey SS: why are you poor-mouthing it to us when you're still in that massively expensive edifice, especially since most of your NYC workers were (are?) working from home?

3 minutes ago, Ingus Kruklitis said:

Well that's just wonderful! 

image.png.6d472faa0d89f698903eb21ea5cacb46.png

which means I've earned SS at least 350 000$, but probably much much more. And what do we get in return? Let's just cut all our incomes in half and reset all our contribution to zero as of January 1.

I just wish to see that CEO meeting: "Yeah, we need to cut all our contributor expenses in half, great idea, Jonson! How didn't we think of it before!".

I remember the times when iStock was the king and now they're nobody. Looks like SS is going the same path. 

Ou and > 25,000 clips in a year?? Are you serious?? That's impossible for 99.9999% but sure, let's help to create fair opportunities for all our contributors! Might as well just typed 1 000 000, makes no difference.

we need to turn off the portfolio. We need to act now, it's the only answer. We are the STOCK they are selling, we need to stand up for our work.

Just now, BusinessIllustrator said:

Adobe Stock the best

Because Adobe has an income stream that doesn't depend solely on its contributors.  Shutterstock's "product" is our media.  In a symbiotic relationship, both parties benefit from the relationship.  In a parasitic relationship, only one party benefits.

With this announcement, SS has informed us that we are no longer in a symbiotic relationship with them. 

4 minutes ago, Wilm Ihlenfeld said:

Кейт,

мы все хотим видеть примеры сейчас.
Предоставьте нам - вашему капиталу - разумную и понятную информацию!

Если у вас был доход от подписки до сих пор, как 0,25. 0,33, 0,36 или 0,38 - как будет выглядеть доход? На 15%, на 20%, на 25% и так далее.

У вас есть эти цифры. Так покажи нам. Прозрачный и понятный !!!

Я думаю, что shutterstock совершает огромную ошибку, если вы думаете, что наши отношения односторонние. Если ты думаешь, что мы нуждаемся в тебе. Вы тоже нуждаетесь в нас. Так что предоставьте понятную основу.

Кстати, дерзко сообщать нам по электронной почте (с неверными цифрами для поставщиков видео) о новых процентах, не сообщая, что цены на пакеты для покупателей также изменятся. Это под землей!

Если вы хотите избежать дурной бури невообразимого размера, вам следует немедленно отреагировать и предоставить разумную, полезную и понятную информацию.

good question!!! indeed, it is very interesting to look at the numbers that are waiting for us. perhaps it is really not worth wasting time on this stayt Adobe stock for example always paid more for 1 photo ))

@Kate Shutterstock 

You do not want to pay extra to the authors for unprofitable downloads? OK, that's fair.

But you don't want to share revenue for unused subscription downloads with contributors as well. That's not fair.

Because it’s beneficial for Shutterstock to sell large volume subscriptions so that customers don’t use them at full and at the same time to pay authors less royalties.

You are manipulators 🤷‍♂️

8 minutes ago, nathings said:

And 1st of January- Happy new year, happy new year, fanstastic present from shutterstock!!!! Wish you best new year holydays, yeah?

the word "from" should have been "for", shouldn't it? Because they are certainly getting their huge present in January every year. Those 10-15% paid to big contributors of level 5/6 which will not be paid to them in January, just because of new year level reset...

1 minute ago, Macrovector said:

@Kate Shutterstock 

You do not want to pay extra to the authors for unprofitable downloads? OK, that's fair.

But you don't want to share revenue for unused subscription downloads with contributors as well. That's not fair.

Because it’s beneficial for Shutterstock to sell large volume subscriptions so that customers don’t use them at full and at the same time to pay authors less royalties.

They want more and more money (don't you SS?), they don't care about us, THIEFS!!!!! And they will pay for actions like this.

4 minutes ago, Macrovector said:

@Kate Shutterstock 

Is that the case?  Or is it that if they sell a (for example) 100 image subscription for $100, and that person only downloads one image, then that image cost $100 for royalty purposes?

Hello Everyone,

I read all your comments,thank you all.Just i got e-mail from SS and made me unhappy! I shared here with the figures that I was on the third level on 10 May.I am here since 3 years with hard work,really hard work.I was at the fourth level according to the incoming mail ! probably after 1 june I will be at the fifth level according to the new table.

if everything will be reset every january,what does it matter what level we are ?Is it the sixth level in a year if I don't get it wrong?Impossible ! Maybe  three- five big companies...

I was stop upload since one week because they rejected my quality creative images.I uploaded them other agencies and they approved even sold!

My images were entering from the tenth or fifteenth pages the year i came here but today images of new users are on the first pages,they are so lucky!They changed algoritmas maybe it is good for new images will help for sale.And maybe i can understand why so many images had rejected.

First they reduced video prices and now our images! Great !! Finally i can say there is many stock agencies !

New earnings structure really unbeliveable !

tablo.jpg

5 hours ago, Duncan Andison said:

I don't think this is what they're saying. Your earnings rate will be determined each year after it is reset on January 1st... I presumed that would be the previous years sales. @Kate Shutterstock is this right...If you are lowering everyones earnings until they cross each threshold, I think you're about to loose a lot of portfolios.

In the mail they stress clearly that on Jan 1 you get set to level 1. It makes no sense at all. 

10 minutes ago, Phil Lowe said:

Because Adobe has an income stream that doesn't depend solely on its contributors.  Shutterstock's "product" is our media.  In a symbiotic relationship, both parties benefit from the relationship.  In a parasitic relationship, only one party benefits.

With this announcement, SS has informed us that we are no longer in a symbiotic relationship with them. 

You are right