New earnings structure for Contributors

On 10/10/2020 at 3:41 PM, Mike Fouque said:

I fully understand your approach and will be tempted to do it too except that I have provided a lot of work since 2015 and it is necessary to believe that my files are interesting because I have obtained more than 7000 sales in 5 years. indeed today it is an insult to our work and in my case all of my income comes from microstock ... I know it sounds crazy but the cumulative amount of my sales between Adobe, Istock, Shutterstock allowed me to be able to m 'get out. now the situation is getting complicated because of SS. and that's why I want to defend my interests and those of other contributors.

Well, I've only gone and done it. Bye bye Shutterstock. It was fun while it lasted ...

Capture.JPG

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In an email that is going out today, we are announcing that we will be updating the earnings structure that determines how much you get paid when customers license your work. We are making this adjust

This is just a joke. 10 years with SS and now I'll be getting 20% commission on my footage clips??? No lifetime sales tier, just what you sold last year/this year.... To get to the curr

This space will be updated to address frequently asked questions.  My email shows different counts for videos than are shown above. Which is correct? Apologies. The email to video contributo

Posted Images

now i am thinking about to close my account here, because now the smaller agencies like chromorange are producing fine incomes which are similar to my last income here. Over 10 years and over 35000 USD income it is a pitty to have to think about such a decision..................

3 hours ago, hjochen said:

now i am thinking about to close my account here, because now the smaller agencies like chromorange are producing fine incomes which are similar to my last income here. Over 10 years and over 35000 USD income it is a pitty to have to think about such a decision..................

Never heard about Chromorange. i've looked on internet, but I can find much about them. Reinhold Tscherwitschke is the founder I believe.

On 3/8/2021 at 5:19 PM, Thijs de Graaf said:

Never heard about Chromorange. i've looked on internet, but I can find much about them. Reinhold Tscherwitschke is the founder I believe.

Me neither but I looked 'em up and noticed that eg food&beverage section seems to be dominated by a few contributors. Many photos by Bernd Juergens. Struck me as a bit of a private club! 😀

7 hours ago, stevemart said:

Me neither but I looked 'em up and noticed that eg food&beverage section seems to be dominated by a few contributors. Many photos by Bernd Juergens. Struck me as a bit of a private club! 😀

Yes I think so too. The founder Reinhold Tscherwitschke also has his photos on dreamstime.com
Apparently he started not so long ago. I don't think he's on Shutterstock.

10 hours ago, Ints Vikmanis said:

It looks that some vector artist or artists has decided to left SS.

I checked by myself that at this moment there are "61,955,408 vectors and graphics are available royalty-free."

Is it possible that some large studio/studios are forcing SS to offer them better deal than other contributors?

Screen Shot 2021-03-19 at 10.37.58.png

You did see this? Right?

https://forums.submit.shutterstock.com/topic/101829-file-type-was-forcedly-changed-from-vector-to-raster/

1 hour ago, Ints Vikmanis said:

You are right! It looks that way

I'm afraid to look at mine, when people are reporting 60% of their files have mysteriously changed file types. Maybe after they fix it you can run another analysis.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Marko Duca said:

They are deleting at least one page of this thread per week 😆 

Really? And I was marking each new page with a number when someone else said the same. My marker for page 295 is now middle of 294. Yes there are old posts being deleted, but I don't seem to see "one page a week"? That and most of the same posts are here that were always here.

Did you know that people delete their own posts? A couple times people have deleted thousands and that somehow meant that any thread they started was wiped from the system. Not a real solid design is that. If I start a thread and a year later, I delete it, then all the messages from everyone else will be deleted. 🤪

So maybe I missed who you meant by THEY?

Oh, it is really happened %( SS went to 3-rd place of income during the year, after it was main feeder for a long time.. unbelievable sad. Strange tactic at least. Really hope someone in SS will hear anyway, as the contributor focus is being changed.

• 2 weeks later...

Summing up: SS from the leading site, in just a year, turned into a mediocre stock, the second echelon. I have Adobe in the lead. 
What the SS achieved: made the sale of the EPS-10 vector unprofitable, turned away professional authors, forced the authors to upload here in the last place (giving preference to Adobe and Deposit).
Congratulations to the company on hiring "effective managers." I wonder if they will be able to paint and shoot in the same way as the departed authors? [sarcasm]

12 hours ago, DOCTOR BLACK said:

Summing up: SS from the leading site, in just a year, turned into a mediocre stock, the second echelon. I have Adobe in the lead. 
What the SS achieved: made the sale of the EPS-10 vector unprofitable, turned away professional authors, forced the authors to upload here in the last place (giving preference to Adobe and Deposit).
Congratulations to the company on hiring "effective managers." I wonder if they will be able to paint and shoot in the same way as the departed authors? [sarcasm]

No need. In a couple of years if the stock price doesn't keep increasing, they'll be off to pastures new with bigger and better options/stock packages. They've already cashed out for millions......and there's always a newer and better opportunity out there on the horizon.

12 hours ago, stevemart said:

No need. In a couple of years if the stock price doesn't keep increasing, they'll be off to pastures new with bigger and better options/stock packages. They've already cashed out for millions......and there's always a newer and better opportunity out there on the horizon.

If so, then we can say that is "the end of SS"