New earnings structure for Contributors

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In an email that is going out today, we are announcing that we will be updating the earnings structure that determines how much you get paid when customers license your work. We are making this adjust

This is just a joke. 10 years with SS and now I'll be getting 20% commission on my footage clips??? No lifetime sales tier, just what you sold last year/this year.... To get to the curr

This space will be updated to address frequently asked questions.  My email shows different counts for videos than are shown above. Which is correct? Apologies. The email to video contributo

Posted Images

35 minutes ago, Ints Vikmanis said:

I don't see any reasons to sell here. Here are my latest sales at Adobe.

I some time ago turned sales back at SS. But it was so depressing that I quickly turned them off.

Screen Shot 2020-12-28 at 18.48.04.png

December is always bad for me anyway. That applies to all agencies. Also for AS. But there I've taken in more than twice as much in December so far. And that's despite the fact that I haven't sold any special licences worth mentioning there.

For @Reimar and anyone else who doesn't want to search through 262 pages.

image.thumb.png.7b40f31f37ec250b34d391ae47b9d2dc.png

This is estimated based on what the advertised prices are for buyers. As an example, I got my last DL of 2020 and it was 67¢ there is nothing like that on the calculations. Someone might have purchased a discounted pack. But I got 30% of whatever that was, and the number is = 67¢

Pretty simple? The other part is, the minimum is 10¢ because 30% of what someone pays for a 750 image pack, would be less than that. I still don't know how people can't understand a minimum, which is over our actual earned percentage. The 2-10 and 50 packs we get the percentage for our level. Pretty simple?

EL and Singles are not included, because there's no way to know the base prices someone might pay. All I know is, I get a percentage of that number, based on my level.

1 hour ago, Reimar said:

Thanks Pete.  Helpful to have it here.

For entertainment purposes only, not official.  😉 Oh about the colors. I did that to show where I would get 10c the pink/salmon, and yellow is lower than what anyone at minimum, 25c, received before the change.

People should be able to see what the buyers are paying for each image, which is why the new commission structure was probably created.

The reset? That could have been on a annual basis, or every 6 months and still rewarded people who add new and better selling images. This whole, everyone starts on the bottom, every year, is a bit drastic. But here we are and off we go into the New Year.

Very well stated Andreas!!  I too have stopped adding new content until and if they reverse this new process.  I and many others here do not feel valued anymore and that is sad.  Hopefully smarter heads will prevail but if not I don't see a future with this agency.  Sadly though I am pretty sure they could care less!!!!  We can survive without SS, question is how do they survive without us contributors?  Doubtful?  Wake up SS!!!!!

14 hours ago, Tom Tietz said:

Very well stated Andreas!!  I too have stopped adding new content until and if they reverse this new process.  I and many others here do not feel valued anymore and that is sad.  Hopefully smarter heads will prevail but if not I don't see a future with this agency.  Sadly though I am pretty sure they could care less!!!!  We can survive without SS, question is how do they survive without us contributors?  Doubtful?  Wake up SS!!!!!

Unfortunately, I think there is enough ppl willing to upload for peanuts... Hence, they will survive fine without those few who stop contributing, but for many of those, SS is the main microstock income source... 🙁

On 1/2/2021 at 11:44 AM, Nannycz said:

Unfortunately, I think there is enough ppl willing to upload for peanuts..

And also for nothing. A local online news outlet uses Unsplash for images where media is contributed for no gain. This is clearly not helping to say the least!!! Only one example🙄