New earnings structure for Contributors

This is pathetic.  You should reward contributors who stick with SS not screw them.  This is like taking a 50%+ pay cut.  Are all the employees treated the same or is it just the contributors who are getting hosed.   Really need to rethink this before you lose your best and most loyal contributors!!!   I am no longer uploading until this is is reversed.  there are many alternatives out there who actually value their contributors.  SAD, VERY SAD!!!!

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In an email that is going out today, we are announcing that we will be updating the earnings structure that determines how much you get paid when customers license your work. We are making this adjust

This space will be updated to address frequently asked questions.  My email shows different counts for videos than are shown above. Which is correct? Apologies. The email to video contributo

Just when you think Shutterstock couldn't completely and utterly screw the contributors and more you've gone and done it. Effectively with a January reset everybody gets a cut of 20% or more of e

Posted Images

51 minutes ago, Tom Tietz said:

This is pathetic.  You should reward contributors who stick with SS not screw them.  This is like taking a 50%+ pay cut.  Are all the employees treated the same or is it just the contributors who are getting hosed.   Really need to rethink this before you lose your best and most loyal contributors!!!   I am no longer uploading until this is is reversed.  there are many alternatives out there who actually value their contributors.  SAD, VERY SAD!!!!

Wait for the realisation of the full impact come January. The forum might not be able to cope with the number of posts when the furore really starts.

Dears, 

You have to understand the anger of contributors because what you decided is actually upsetting the group,
If you are seeking to reflect the market changes, and encourage the new and highly requested work you should do different approach.

you have to count the number of downloads backlogged to previous year, if the content of the contributor just flashed at the beginning and then decreased the level will automatically will decrease by time.

but it is not a logic at all to reset my level while my content is still counting and selling in the same rate, you are wasting contributors efforts in this way, and it is not a fair method.

Congratulations, Shutterstock!  You have sucessfully convinced me that stock photography isn't worth my time and effort any more.  There's just something about an endless stream of 10, 12 and 14 cents that fails to motivate me to supply your greed machine any longer.  Maybe someday, if your stinginess is rightfully rewarded and you become Canstock Photo 2.0, I may re-visit this decision.  But probably not.  Good luck to all the surfs and peasants who keep producing for the pennies they throw at you.  You'll need it.

I have a question.  Will all the employees and management at SS have their pay rolled back as well and then have to start over from where they were when they first started.   A fair question since that is what they are essentially doing to their contributors.  Fat chance that is happening, guess we are the only once having to bend over and smile!!!

3 hours ago, Tom Tietz said:

I have a question.  Will all the employees and management at SS have their pay rolled back as well and then have to start over from where they were when they first started.   A fair question since that is what they are essentially doing to their contributors.  Fat chance that is happening, guess we are the only once having to bend over and smile!!!

Great images Tom. 10 cents for the quality of work you produce is disgraceful and immoral.

35 minutes ago, Ints Vikmanis said:

I don't see any reasons to sell here. Here are my latest sales at Adobe.

I some time ago turned sales back at SS. But it was so depressing that I quickly turned them off.

Screen Shot 2020-12-28 at 18.48.04.png

December is always bad for me anyway. That applies to all agencies. Also for AS. But there I've taken in more than twice as much in December so far. And that's despite the fact that I haven't sold any special licences worth mentioning there.