Kate Shutterstock

New earnings structure for Contributors

well, honestly, I dont see any reason why anybody should bother with this agency, to be paid 10 cents per image, there are tons of agencies out there, and SS will fall apart because of its greed. Shame on you Shutterstock, and goodbye. 

Shutterstock; I always recommended you to other new contributors, now i am really embarrassed against them for recommending you

There is a saying in Turkish : Guvendigim daglara kar yagdi. Hope i translate right. let me try : Snowed the mountains that i trust

39 minutes ago, Mehdi Kasumov said:

Is there a way to download my own photos in SS ?

That is not legal in the TOS (I think it called so), but that changed, referals seem gone also, so called lifetime or what so ever, gone, gone...

Hmm, well off topic but Im boiling inside.

This creates fair opportunities for all our contributors, rewarding performance with greater earnings potential.

For whom was written that, for people who can't count?

You totally mistaken with audience, contributors know the worth of every penny, cent or kopeika.

15 minutes ago, Kate Shutterstock said:

When a customer buys a pack or subscription, your commission is calculated based on the price per asset assuming full usage of the pack or subscription. For example, if a customer buys a 10 images per month subscription at $49 per month, the price per image is $4.90. Your earnings percentage is based on $4.90 regardless of how many images the customer downloads from their allotment. 

Yeah, as thought. Nice tidy little profit again at our expense!

I know you're just the messenger and can't be easy working for a company which has so little respect for people that do so much to make them a success. But hell, I know I'm going to be losing money but I'd rather have that than be in your position and working directly for a company like that.

8 minutes ago, Stefano_Valeri said:

They just perfectly linked their clients payment plans to our revenues. Now they can push their offers, be more competitive on the market with lower prices, their and our gain will decrease accordingly. To have a decent estimate of our future revenues would be nice to know their clients subcription plans and the subscription plans of clients buying our content. Only time will tell, but i suspect they did their math...

And that assumes SS will calculate your percentage correctly. I am not aware that they have ever conducted an audit. Personally, I do not trust them to be honest with their earnings calculations.

This emails with phrases like you will have more earning potential and so on, are so stupid, especially after words like we will cut your payments, but it is good for you...

Shutterstock walk with big and fast steps to the bottom.

4 hours ago, Kate Shutterstock said:

That's correct. Our new compensation model is designed to reward content creators for producing quality work that is fresh, relevant and in demand by our customers. By resetting the royalty levels each year, we aim to provide an avenue for contributors to be fairly rewarded for content that is performing well at the current time.

The adjustments are being made to align with changes we have been seeing in the global market for creative content. They also help to create fair opportunities for all our contributors, and reward performance with greater earnings potential.

I hope you realize that this sounds like the pathetic Pond5 stream from a year ago? How does resetting everyone in January promote fresh content? People will sell old content at the same rate as before. If anything you're incentivizing contributors to upload tons of videos more so they can get the numbers up early, which is hardly effective. If you really want to motivate people to save that precious server space, you should make tiers based on the percentage of sales vs number of assets. If you wanted to motivate people to upload new and fresh content, make payout brackets linked to the age of the clip (although for many genres this makes no sense?).

If this is anything but a quick cash grab from our pockets then your strategy is questionable to say the least.

^^^also as far as that 25,000, I bet your even Blackbox doesn't sell that much.

3 minutes ago, DaLiu said:

I really hope this will turn against them at some point.

Everything is cyclical!.. If, indeed, all this will happen it will be a matter of time until they will have problems.. They will not be the first nor the last company..

And 1st of January- Happy new year, happy new year, fanstastic present from shutterstock!!!! Wish you best new year holydays, yeah?

2 hours ago, Mentzos Images said:

Just paused my account. I'm not depending on Shutterstock. 

If WE ALL DO THAT they will withdraw the new payment system. 

It's clearly up to you. 

Screen Shot 2020-05-26 at 21.28.50.png

Done. Thank you. Im out until this subscription and tiered nonsense is removed.

How long before the changes take?. I can still see my clips for sale.

24 minutes ago, Kate Shutterstock said:

When a customer buys a pack or subscription, your commission is calculated based on the price per asset assuming full usage of the pack or subscription. For example, if a customer buys a 10 images per month subscription at $49 per month, the price per image is $4.90. Your earnings percentage is based on $4.90 regardless of how many images the customer downloads from their allotment. 

Kate,

we all want to see examples now.
Provide us - your capital - with reasonable and comprehensible information!

If you had a subscription income so far, like 0.25. 0.33, 0.36 or 0.38 - what will the income look like from now on? At 15%, at 20%, at 25% and so on.

You have these numbers. So show us. Transparent and comprehensible!!!

I think shutterstock is making a huge mistake if you think our relationship is one-sided. If you think we need you. You need us too. So provide an understandable basis.

By the way, it's cheeky to inform us by e-mail (with wrong figures for video providers) about the new percentages without reporting that the package prices for buyers will change as well. This is underground!

If you want to avoid a shitstorm of unimagined size, you should react now - immediately - and provide reasonable, useful and comprehensible information.