Kate Shutterstock

New earnings structure for Contributors

I do mean that...

That is the form I submitted.

So the form will not let you write anything in the box that says "Describe Issue"?

Just now, Centrill Media said:

I do mean that...

That is the form I submitted.

So the form will not let you write anything in the box that says "Describe Issue"?

No, the form is OK, I just made this screenshot without filling it full)

Anyway, thanks for help! I'll try again later. I will. )

Hello,

Since the new rules I had stopped uploading new content.
In times of the world largest crisis in the new time treating us in such a way makes me speechless.

I kept my video animations online...and Opt. OUT my whole illustrations (more than 16.000 files) for months now.

So it looks like things never get better here...

Now for me it`s time to delete the illustrations one by one...and keep only the old files...
At the end of the year  I think I'll finally say goodbye to the site here.

My heart bleeds at the thought of gradually throwing the work of over 10 years into the trash can...how many hours, days, weeks of my life have I spent supporting Shutterstock.

I will put my illustrations online again and delete the good things, with the rest that is left over you can...you can do what you want with that.

Cheers, Frank

16 hours ago, Murasaki Izumi said:

If you mean this, it doesn't work in my case, unfortunately. And I don't know why. I always get answers from SS experts about writing at privacy@shutterstock.com and when I write there nothing happens.

image.thumb.png.90cc5b6c0deb52a65b5ec417e6b30818.png

What am I doing wrong?

It is the same to me! I am tired of it! What else should we do to get paid and close the account?!

1 hour ago, Frank Rohde said:

Hello,

Since the new rules I had stopped uploading new content.
In times of the world largest crisis in the new time treating us in such a way makes me speechless.

I kept my video animations online...and Opt. OUT my whole illustrations (more than 16.000 files) for months now.

So it looks like things never get better here...

Now for me it`s time to delete the illustrations one by one...and keep only the old files...
At the end of the year  I think I'll finally say goodbye to the site here.

My heart bleeds at the thought of gradually throwing the work of over 10 years into the trash can...how many hours, days, weeks of my life have I spent supporting Shutterstock.

I will put my illustrations online again and delete the good things, with the rest that is left over you can...you can do what you want with that.

Cheers, Frank

Nice animations!!!

i know we are all against the new structure, but this month is my better month (80$) since i'm actif on shutterstock..(2018).

i sold 2 files at 20$ but if i don't count them i'm at the same level than before june's changes

i'm level 4 with 1400 pictures

YEEAAAHHH!!! I've got the answer AT LAST and will be deleted in a month! Yahooo! 🥳 Though I'm a bit sad about it, I had a good time here. Once. Long ago. 😅 And what makes me feel the saddest is that I spent a whole month of May putting my portfolio in order. One by one, I revised my images, adding new keywords, removing some, changing the descriptions to more appropriate and for what... 😂

And welcome to my twitter @murasakinoizumi. 😁

On 9/25/2020 at 6:13 PM, Giorgio G said:

It is the same to me! I am tired of it! What else should we do to get paid and close the account?!

this might sound a bit stupid, but this was what i did:

keep doing the same procedure, and let's hope there's no SS experts answer your inquiry. Then (I assume) it will be redirected to the SS offboarding team.

It took me 2-3 times. And probably keep your message clear/simple could help, so the experts might realize your inquiry isn't in their domain.

On 9/21/2020 at 10:16 AM, Wilm Ihlenfeld said:

I have made the calculation based on my current figures. Just like you, I simply took my current figures and compared them with what I would have received with these current downloads if the remuneration had not been changed.

I am very certain that all contributors are making losses. No matter what level they have reached.

Ok, Wilm, you inspired me to go do some math. Last time I did it was in June, and my loss then was 28%. Lately, I had the gut feeling that things were not all that bad, and it turns out, that indeed, they were not that bad. And you are correct, in the image world, it all comes down to getting enough ODDs and SODs to mitigate the loss in subs. (And come to find out, it is actually sort of possible.) In video, I lose, period. Because I will NEVER make it into the level needed to earn the old commission. I do believe the video level structure is set up wrong, but that is another story.

Anyway, here are my numbers. And they are the result of doing the actual math, just like Wilm did - comparing my earnings to what they would have been, had things not changed.

June: 28% overall loss

July: 7.9 % overall loss  - interestingly for images the loss was only 1% (!)  Video loss was 19%

August: 16.5 % overall loss - evenly for both images and video

September, up to today: 12 % overall loss - with images at 5.9 % loss and video at 16.7 % loss

(And if you spend the time doing your own numbers, you will find out why those percentages do not add up.)

Take-home message: it is indeed a lottery. And I have yet to hear from anyone who is NOT experiencing a loss. BUT: I do believe that once Covid and the resulting economic crisis are over, there will be more ODDs and more subs purchased with small packages, and things will improve. At least on the image side.

On 9/27/2020 at 3:56 PM, Milo J said:

And if you spend the time doing your own numbers, you will find out why those percentages do not add up.)

It is true.

September is over. I made 110 sales with a average of $0.24 per sale, the worst month ever since I started in September 2009. This is a loss of 33.34%. Not 1%, 16.5% or 5.9% as in your calculations. With or without Covid, IT IS VERY BAD

Honte à vous SHUTTERSTOCK, ça fait 5 ans que je contribue pour vous, je venais de dépasser les 10 000$ de revenu et donc je devais passer dans le taux supérieur de rémunération et maintenant mon travail ne vaut plus rien, 010$ par fichier et ne parlons pas des clips vidéos qui se vendent également quelques centimes de $!!!! Vous méritez juste que l'ensemble des contributeurs retirent leurs fichiers et vous verrez combien sans nous votre société n'est rien !!

Shame on You !!! I have been contributing for you for 5 years, I had just exceeded $ 10,000 in income and therefore had to move into the higher rate of pay and now my job is no longer worth anything !! $ 010 per file and let's not talk about the  videos which also sell for pennies of $ !!!! You just deserve that all the contributors remove their files and you will see how much your company is nothing without us !!

13 hours ago, ribeiroantonio said:

It is true.

September is over. I made 110 sales with a average of $0.24 per sale, the worst month ever since I started in September 2009. This is a loss of 33.34%. Not 1%, 16.5% or 5.9% as in your calculations. With or without Covid, IT IS VERY BAD

My loss is very close to the same  33% since the change. This is not good.

I average about 70 sales per month. July averaged $0.36  per image, August $0.53 per image and September $0.43 per image. Each month saw a number of "On Demand" sales that helped inflate the average but there are far too many insulting $0.10 sales.

2 hours ago, Mick Harper said:

I average about 70 sales per month. July averaged $0.36  per image, August $0.53 per image and September $0.43 per image. Each month saw a number of "On Demand" sales that helped inflate the average but there are far too many insulting $0.10 sales.

Yes, July and August were slightly better but, VERY BAD anyway. In July I average $0.31 and in August $0.44.per image. Just for the record, 1st day of October the average is $0.108 and I feel I am on track to join the millionaire's club of SS CEO!

I've reactivated my account, to see what to do next.

The situation here is quite sad - very  low prices, and I've got loads of rejections this year,  especially for  older model releases, they ask for property for almost everything etc

Now I am manually erasing my best photos. I will let only simple stuff, objects, food on white. I will start shooting other things - conceptual, textures and simple stuff.

So October started veeeeery slow at Shutter. RPD of 18 cents up to now and unusually low number of DLs. Revenue at AS is 26 times higher with one Extended License, 13 times higher without it. DL number 2,5 times higher at AS. My decision for EOY is getting easier every sad day here. Have now started to delete images...

8 hours ago, Mike Fouque said:

Kate it is normal that I get paid 0,43$ for a video ?!!! DO YOU THINK IT'S DECENT ??? I REFUSE TO BE PAID SO LITTLE FOR MY WORK AND I ENCOURAGE ALL CONTRIBUTORS TO REFUSE THAT

Screenshot_20201005-224854_Contributor.jpg

This has been going on since May 25th and you are just now noticing?   Many, many, many photographers/videographers/illustrators have already removed their work from SS.

On 10/1/2020 at 1:06 PM, Mick Harper said:

I sometimes find it useful to also consider the median - which I'm guessing is 10¢.

2 hours ago, Mike Fouque said:

Replace your profile picture with the little Stop logo $ 0.10 per file if you're mad like me at Shutterstock. Remember that without our material our work they are nothing !!

stop earnings 2.jpg

Yet you still have your portfolio for sale here!