Kate Shutterstock

New earnings structure for Contributors

4 hours ago, cifotart said:

I would like to see all employees canceling the portfolio of images sold here on this site, I wanted to see what they would do !!!

I see that you have not disabled your sales here!!! Do you want that other fight for you? You must disable sales for yourself too!!!

I has not big contributor and did not earned so much.. but compared to January my revenue decreased 10 times.. 10 goddamn times. And I looked so forward to makikg extra 35+ bucks per month. But now it's not worth it. But at least SS stock price is up, so CEO will get what he want.

Disabled my photos and videos.

Those who are really angry, just upload your videos non-stop to SS but do not submit them, make those servers work!

Screw this

13 hours ago, cifotart said:

I would like to see all employees canceling the portfolio of images sold here on this site, I wanted to see what they would do !!!

If you want to see what they would do, for a start you could cancel your own portfolio. I did that after 11 years of being a contributor, and it was my main income.
By supporting them, you agree with their policies and you should not complain. It's because of people like you, they can continue. I am sure they won't stop here, they will lower earnings even more (why not, when people keep uploading).

16 hours ago, cifotart said:

Hello, these percentage values in subscription plans with higher numbers of downloads are ridiculous.

They should do a calculation of how many downloads are actually made in the subscription plans of 750 downloads or more, precisely because most of the time the companies that subscribe to these plans do not download all of these images. I worked for years in advertising agencies here in Brazil, and the agency never lowered the total number of images available per day, in this case the limit was 25. There were months that did not download even half of the 750 available.

So since it is paid for the actual number of downloads, the calculation should be made by the actual number of downloads. The damage that is already large would be slightly less, even though this way of paying employees is unjustifiable.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Ol√°, esse valores de porcentagem nos planos de subscri√ß√£o com n√ļmeros maiores de downloads s√£o rid√≠culos.

Eles deveriam fazer um calculo de quantos downloads são realmente feitos nos planos de subscrição de 750 downloads ou mais, justamente porque na maioria das vezes as empresas que assinam esses planos, não fazem o download de todas essas imagens. Eu trabalhei por anos em agências de Publicidade aqui no Brasil, e a agência nunca baixava a quantidade total de imagens disponíveis por dia, no caso o limite eram 25. Tinham meses que não faziam o download nem da metade dos 750 disponíveis.

Ent√£o j√° que √© paga pelo numero real de downloads, o calculo deveria ser feitos pelo n√ļmero real de downloads. O preju√≠zo que j√° √© grande ficaria um pouco menor, mesmo sendo injustific√°veis¬†essa forma de pagar os colaboradores.

Eu gostaria de ver todos os colaboradores cancelando os portfólio de imagens vendidas aqui neste site, queria ver o que eles iriam fazer!!!

image.png.7297022813941843db70a052bef8ec02.png

I would like to see you cancel you portfolio and join the rest of us.  And by the way, "they" won't do a thing.  They've already proved that.

Please help - How can I ERASE my account for good? I've already disabled my photos, waiting for a good sign, but as time passes I realize the good old times are never coming back.

I do not wish tot contribute anymore. It's an end game for me. I feel that I need to close it, the same for other stock sites, stay only on alamy and a site with prints.

I need to simplify this process, too many stock sites, my energy is spreading too thin....

Thank you in advance¬†ūüėė

Contributor accounts with unpaid earnings must first be paid out before the account is closed. We ask that you please contact us 

I am contacting form middle of July and still not an answer 

Very professional layers 

6 hours ago, Olha J said:

All replies from there were deleted :)

Shocking.

On 9/3/2020 at 6:34 PM, Soare Cecilia Corina said:

Please help - How can I ERASE my account for good? I've already disabled my photos, waiting for a good sign, but as time passes I realize the good old times are never coming back.

I do not wish tot contribute anymore. It's an end game for me. I feel that I need to close it, the same for other stock sites, stay only on alamy and a site with prints.

I need to simplify this process, too many stock sites, my energy is spreading too thin....

Thank you in advance¬†ūüėė

Yes sadly I think you're correct. Too many stock sites & not enough sales. I joined DT alamy, AS  and Had NO sales anywhere apart from here. Unless I count one single sale on AS but only because I had to paint out all logos signs on the photo,- far too hard to do for every photo. I painted out logos on another photo only to be rejected by AS for intelectual property violation. I'm English but still don't understand that. What's the point if I can only get sales by painting out signs in every photo? On here it just goes under editorial and maybe sells for more that 10c if I'm lucky.

I'm just a hobbyist and an insignificant player in the stock photography market.

I used to get $30-$40 per month from Shutterstock, which was nice, while I used to have minimal profit from other agencies ($4-$5 per month).

However, I hated the new SS policy towards its contributors so I disabled the sales of my content through it.

It seems that my sales have moved to Getty Images / ESP (former iStock).

The last report I got from Getty was that my sales increased almost x10, as I got $55 for the last month. Remember, I used to get $4-$5 from Getty.

I hope this is a permanent situation, meaning that I hope the potential buyers of my content still want to buy it through Getty.

I advocated in the previous months that we should all disable the sales of our content through Shutterstock and move it elsewhere.

If there are other contributors with results similar to mine, then we should all post it here and encourage all other contributors to disable the sales of their content in Shutterstock.

COME ON PEOPLE, LET'S ALL DISABLE THE SALE OF OUR CONTENT THROUGH SHUTTERSTOCK.

10 hours ago, Tony Dunn said:

Yes sadly I think you're correct. Too many stock sites & not enough sales. I joined DT alamy, AS  and Had NO sales anywhere apart from here. Unless I count one single sale on AS but only because I had to paint out all logos signs on the photo,- far too hard to do for every photo. I painted out logos on another photo only to be rejected by AS for intelectual property violation. I'm English but still don't understand that. What's the point if I can only get sales by painting out signs in every photo? On here it just goes under editorial and maybe sells for more that 10c if I'm lucky.

Unfortunately there are no quick solution. SS has many buyers too. While they can find suitable content here they are not forced to look and buy elsewhere. If contributors will abandon sales here then eventually buyers will be forced to look elsewhere. So if you think in short-term then yes sell your content here for 10c.

image.png.04bd8b0d6d78b7547adf78fc83a4a80f.png

Interesting that instead of the previous boast about how many images were being uploaded and providing a running total that the current info on the website says the above.

I have deleted a few images since July and have noticed that my webpage no longer shows all the information that used to be there.

I am a small contributor yet still seem to have got the attention of the powers that be.

I have decided to go through the procedure to claim the small amount owed to me and shut down my existence on Shutterstock.

Sales have become minimal anyway (only 2 in August and one to date this month).

Concentrating on Alamy now where I have already earned more than here since July.

Possible that this post will get deleted fairly swiftly!

Good luck to all of you.

The tides of business. From my view of the road, ShutterStock is looking like a dead horse. I shut off my sales in July to get a benchmark. Re-enabled them for August, only to earn doodley-squat, so I've shut them off again as of September. Everywhere else is earning pretty close to last year's levels, so one must know when the end is near and move on to better things.

1 hour ago, Gray Photo Online said:

The tides of business. From my view of the road, ShutterStock is looking like a dead horse. I shut off my sales in July to get a benchmark. Re-enabled them for August, only to earn doodley-squat, so I've shut them off again as of September. Everywhere else is earning pretty close to last year's levels, so one must know when the end is near and move on to better things.

Couldn't agree more. I was going to wait until the end of the year before closing my account here but with so few sales it's pointless waiting. Wasted too much time getting images accepted which is why I was going to wait. Can't believe anyone would stay on the current terms.

I got this reply when I raised a query about this months sales figures. I have just progressed to a new level but the price this month for my images hasn't gone above 10c in one case so far. This hasn't happened with me so far since the change in rates. I was doing ok by my norm. I thought that when I progressed from one earnings level to another it would be goodbye to 10c earnings until my account was reset in January. Evidently not. I have 16 sales this month so far for a paltry $2.62. This wouldn't buy me a decent fish and chip supper This is what I was told:

Hi
I'm ... I do not work for Shutterstock, but I have been a contributor for around 8 years, and an expert to answer fellow contributors queries. I do not have any access to your account information, images or any personal data, but i'm here to answer your questions.

You will get actual percentage of the final image for images sold under 'on demand'.
Other subscription sales will remain at 10cents. This 10cent applies applies across all 6 levels.

Hi all

I am new to this discussion, also new to Shutterstock (not even whole week). For the last 3 days I was working to upload my 37 photos. Yesterday I earned $0.10 - is this a joke? I know that moderator will probably delete my first ever post on this Forum. It's not a big deal. I already deleted all photos. I earned here  10 cents, after tax will be 8 cents! And they don't pay anything less than $1! LOL
Really sad to hear how artists are treated here.
There are other places around, let's move on!

Got a very fast reply to closing down my account here and paying the minimal amount owing. Images should become unavailable very soon. The minimum was reduced by SS to $1 so that they can pay me as it stands at less than $35. Not worth the effort to continue here.