Kate Shutterstock

New earnings structure for Contributors

6 hours ago, Tony Dunn said:

the above translated by google

Usually the solution is on the surface. So what if the site sells for $ 0.10 and there are no artists. You can make a separate collection for $ 0.10, where you can add your own images if you like. Just make this option available when uploading content. Bring back old prices, create more content collections, make more mailing lists, this will increase downloads and revenue, but instead the site hides the amount of content downloaded and creates censorship on user pages. The support service just copies the text and here's the answer, like there are bots. I offered them such a solution, but silence ...

below written by me

Yes then beginners or newbies could see if their work is any good. Shutterstock THIS IS A GOOD IDEA Take notice NOW! Or are you asleep?

They are not asleep, they are out on their yachts.

41 minutes ago, Rudy Matchinga said:

They are not asleep, they are out on their yachts.

Great comment! :D

Thank you! You made me laugh. And that is really remarkable at shutterstock at the moment!

On 8/28/2020 at 12:54 AM, VdZ said:

I have deactivated my account and even when the royalty program returns to normal, i will certainly not activate my account again. 
Shutterstock F**KED us all, RIGHT at the beginning of the Corona crisis. Many people got fired, lost their incomes.. And right at thát moment, Shutterstock decides to cut 
the paycheck to their loyal artists. Well screw you guys, i'm uploading ALL my photo's at FREE websites like PEXELS so one day, hopefully, Shutterstock will go DOWN.

Nice rational response there...not! Free is even worse than 10C.

2 hours ago, alekseigl said:

Great feeling to upload new content to all stocks except SS ))

It's an even better feeling to opt-out of sales. Try it, it will fell good, I promise :)

58 minutes ago, zsooofija said:

It's an even better feeling to opt-out of sales. Try it, it will fell good, I promise :)

I am acting according to a different scheme. No more new content. Every time a file that is in demand on other sites is sold, I delete it from ss. This is my game

Paida Mudzamba
This is really not the forum for tech questions. There are other forums for that.
This forum is to discuss the "New Earnings Structure For Contributors"

But to answer your question, you can up-res an image using software like Photoshop. But to my knowledge, most stock sites will not accept images that have gone through a re-sampled up-res process.

Same here. SS sends me an email proudly boasting that I have moved to level 2... like the money will start falling from the sky... but so what? All remains the same.

3 minutes ago, Centrill Media said:

Same here. SS sends me an email proudly boasting that I have moved to level 2... like the money will start falling from the sky... but so what? All remains the same.

SS doesn't have a contract with us? This can not be true. Isn't that a fraud or is it legal?

There is NO CONTRACT between the contributor and SS. There is "Terms of Service", which you agreed to by uploading content. It is located here:

https://submit.shutterstock.com/legal/terms?language=en

Their "Terms of Service" totally in their favor and can be changed at any time, as often as they like, without contributor approval or input. It clear states in the very first three paragraphs that:

1) By submitting any Content to Shutterstock, you grant to Shutterstock a worldwide, sub-licensable, non-exclusive right and license to index, analyze, categorize, archive reproduce, prepare derivative works incorporating, publicly display, sell, advertise and market, any Content uploaded by you and accepted by Shutterstock for any reasonable business purpose, including but not limited to the distribution of your Content to Shutterstock customers, to optimize the performance and operation of Shuttestock’s platform and services, and to develop new features and products. You also give permission to Shutterstock to add, modify or remove information related to your Content in order to manage and license such Content.

2) You grant Shutterstock a worldwide, non-exclusive right to use your name, display name and Content in connection with Shutterstock's marketing and promotional activities without the payment of any compensation to you. Shutterstock, in the exercise of its discretion, may refrain from any or all of the foregoing without any liability to you.

3) Shutterstock shall have the right, but not the obligation, to license all Content through any of Shutterstock’s brands and platforms to its customers for use in perpetuity in accordance with license agreements entered into by Shutterstock, including but not limited to Shutterstock, Inc. Terms of Service License Agreements (collectively, "Licenses").

2 hours ago, Jaz_Online said:

what I really don't understand: I have reached level 2. so 20%. but still get 10 cents per picture. That MUST be 20 cents now ????????

Sorry to disappoint you, but no, it will not be 20 cents. 

Even as a level 6 you can still get 10 cents downloads as you can see below.

On 5/26/2020 at 9:44 PM, samoyloff said:

image.png.9ed01917553717df644afbaf4e6eb280.png

Add me to the list of people pulling portfolios. I never agreed to this 10 cent stuff and you are not selling my images for that rate for long. Ill see what happens by Jan 1st but I wont start a new year here like this and I sure as hell wont be uploading stuff. I just got a $1.20 video sale and I can't begin to say how not OK I am with that on a video. Not to mention SS does this right at the start of COVID when sales bottomed out. Now they are bouncing back and even Getty is out performing SS. I highly recommend Adobe I am averaging 99 cents per download and it seems to be picking up the volume I wasn't getting anymore on here. Maybe SS scared away the customers first and now they need us all to pull out so they can file a proper bankruptcy and blame the community. I don't see where they get off changing a pay rate on a pre-existing portfolio anyways. I agreed to one thing to sell my work, now you decide its less, I want an option to revoke my portfolio and remove any rights for anyone who purchased an image after this. You can keep your 10 cents you cheap cock suckers.

Well put Yaman... Here, Here!

Besides contributors pulling out and closing their account, we need to see SS stock prices (SSTC on the NYSE) plummet. Their stock was at $36/share just prior to their screw the contributors announcement on May 26th. That new screw the contributor's pricing policy seems to have boosted their share price.

C-L-M

Contributor's Lives Matter

15 minutes ago, Yaman Mutart said:

Add me to the list of people pulling portfolios. I never agreed to this 10 cent stuff and you are not selling my images for that rate for long. Ill see what happens by Jan 1st but I wont start a new year here like this and I sure as hell wont be uploading stuff. I just got a $1.20 video sale and I can't begin to say how not OK I am with that on a video. Not to mention SS does this right at the start of COVID when sales bottomed out. Now they are bouncing back and even Getty is out performing SS. I highly recommend Adobe I am averaging 99 cents per download and it seems to be picking up the volume I wasn't getting anymore on here. Maybe SS scared away the customers first and now they need us all to pull out so they can file a proper bankruptcy and blame the community. I don't see where they get off changing a pay rate on a pre-existing portfolio anyways. I agreed to one thing to sell my work, now you decide its less, I want an option to revoke my portfolio and remove any rights for anyone who purchased an image after this. You can keep your 10 cents you cheap cock suckers.

Just disable sales here. If you don't do this then you agree to sell your work for pennies.

25 minutes ago, Centrill Media said:

Well put Yaman... Here, Here!

Besides contributors pulling out and closing their account, we need to see SS stock prices (SSTC on the NYSE) plummet. Their stock was at $36/share just prior to their screw the contributors announcement on May 26th. That new screw the contributor's pricing policy seems to have boosted their share price.

C-L-M

Contributor's Lives Matter

Yes it's a typical financial market cr*p  'I'm all right jack attitude'. They don't care about low pay or poverty so long as there's more money in their pockets - pure scum.

Uless there is another Jeffery Edward Epstein.. As of June 4th, 2020- Jeffery Edward Epstein was listed as a Board of Director at SS and awarded 4,062 shares of SS stock.

So how does that work since he died in jail a year prior... August 10th, 2019?

And guess what... Since the new "Screw the Contributor" policy went into effect on May 26th, Jonathon Evan Oringer CEO of SS sold 102,637 shares of SS stock (a disposition) worth $4,530,645. That's right fellow artists... we make .10 cents for our stock images and old Jonny Boy makes over $4.5 million in shares of SSTK stock since June 4th! 

13 hours ago, Centrill Media said:

Uless there is another Jeffery Edward Epstein.. As of June 4th, 2020- Jeffery Edward Epstein was listed as a Board of Director at SS and awarded 4,062 shares of SS stock.

So how does that work since he died in jail a year prior... August 10th, 2019?

And guess what... Since the new "Screw the Contributor" policy went into effect on May 26th, Jonathon Evan Oringer CEO of SS sold 102,637 shares of SS stock (a disposition) worth $4,530,645. That's right fellow artists... we make .10 cents for our stock images and old Jonny Boy makes over $4.5 million in shares of SSTK stock since June 4th! 

great 4,062 shares of SS stock .for doing no work.  Just like rewarding someone for crimes even though they're dead, It only goes to prove that these people have no decent human morals & should NOT be allowed to be on a board of directors of a public listed company. In my country they'd never get away with this. If there is another J Epstein you'd think they would change their name.

5 hours ago, Tony Dunn said:

great 4,062 shares of SS stock .for doing no work.  Just like rewarding someone for crimes even though they're dead, It only goes to prove that these people have no decent human morals & should NOT be allowed to be on a board of directors of a public listed company. In my country they'd never get away with this. If there is another J Epstein you'd think they would change their name.

Probably the same and they're still sorting out his estate...had so much dirt on prominent and celebrity people that he just had to commit suicide.

On 8/31/2020 at 7:30 PM, zsooofija said:

Sorry to disappoint you, but no, it will not be 20 cents. 

Even as a level 6 you can still get 10 cents downloads as you can see below.

Hello, these percentage values in subscription plans with higher numbers of downloads are ridiculous.

They should do a calculation of how many downloads are actually made in the subscription plans of 750 downloads or more, precisely because most of the time the companies that subscribe to these plans do not download all of these images. I worked for years in advertising agencies here in Brazil, and the agency never lowered the total number of images available per day, in this case the limit was 25. There were months that did not download even half of the 750 available.

So since it is paid for the actual number of downloads, the calculation should be made by the actual number of downloads. The damage that is already large would be slightly less, even though this way of paying employees is unjustifiable.

I would like to see all employees canceling the portfolio of images sold here on this site, I wanted to see what they would do !!!

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Olá, esse valores de porcentagem nos planos de subscrição com números maiores de downloads são ridículos.

Eles deveriam fazer um calculo de quantos downloads são realmente feitos nos planos de subscrição de 750 downloads ou mais, justamente porque na maioria das vezes as empresas que assinam esses planos, não fazem o download de todas essas imagens. Eu trabalhei por anos em agências de Publicidade aqui no Brasil, e a agência nunca baixava a quantidade total de imagens disponíveis por dia, no caso o limite eram 25. Tinham meses que não faziam o download nem da metade dos 750 disponíveis.

Então já que é paga pelo numero real de downloads, o calculo deveria ser feitos pelo número real de downloads. O prejuízo que já é grande ficaria um pouco menor, mesmo sendo injustificáveis essa forma de pagar os colaboradores.

Eu gostaria de ver todos os colaboradores cancelando os portfólio de imagens vendidas aqui neste site, queria ver o que eles iriam fazer!!!

image.png.7297022813941843db70a052bef8ec02.png

We are not employees. We are "Contributors" pf SS.

And I have cancelled all of my videos and still images with SS.