New earnings structure for Contributors

I stopped uploading since I received that email!

Instead, I am back maintaining my old and new photo gallery website (www.hajakely.com and www.marolook.altervista.org). I will not take down my portfolio but I will not upload new content anymore. Just like what I did when Big G... bought Small i... and changed their earning structure. I rather give my new photos for free for personal use or for small fees for non personal use at my own website.

Just in case, if anyone is interested, I would be happy to build a photo gallery website for you for FREE. If you already have a domaine name then I can also host it for you. If you are new to web development and web hosting then I can do both. You receive an up and running website wihtout fiddling around!

Drop me a message here or contact me via my website if you are interested.

If we join hand, we can be stronger. Once we are stronger, we can stand up and have our say!

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In an email that is going out today, we are announcing that we will be updating the earnings structure that determines how much you get paid when customers license your work. We are making this adjust

This is just a joke. 10 years with SS and now I'll be getting 20% commission on my footage clips??? No lifetime sales tier, just what you sold last year/this year.... To get to the curr

This space will be updated to address frequently asked questions.  My email shows different counts for videos than are shown above. Which is correct? Apologies. The email to video contributo

Posted Images

Six years of uploading video to SS.  Here and Pond5 were my best sellers.  I deactivated my port in June.  Have not uploaded anything since the pay cut, and will not upload again.  If something changes here, which I don't think it ever will, I will reactivate.  Until then, let the dust collect.  A shit way to treat those who supplied you.  You know it, we all know it, and you don't care SS.

I have been with Shutterstock since June 2008. Before that, iStock was always my best revenue stream until Getty bought them out. Then iStock sales plummeted. I decommissioned iStock and Shutterstock eventually became my best revenue until now... Sales volume dwindling to almost nothing and the revenue is chump change. Pond5 is my fastest rising sales agency now. It is so pitiful that Shutterstock is screwing the very same artist that built their empire on the NYSE (SSTK).  But that's OK for Shutterstock I guess... because they have a new generation of high school iPhone children uploading blurry cell phone images to fill the void while their best professional contributors are fleeing elsewhere.

Best of luck Shutterstock... the pro's will eventually all depart, your iPhone children will grow up and get bored with you... and you will fade into obscurity looking for viable content and eventually selling yourself, like a street whore, to the highest bidder.

3 hours ago, Centrill Media said:

I have been with Shutterstock since June 2008. Before that, iStock was always my best revenue stream until Getty bought them out. Then iStock sales plummeted. I decommissioned iStock and Shutterstock eventually became my best revenue until now... Sales volume dwindling to almost nothing and the revenue is chump change. Pond5 is my fastest rising sales agency now. It is so pitiful that Shutterstock is screwing the very same artist that built their empire on the NYSE (SSTK).  But that's OK for Shutterstock I guess... because they have a new generation of high school iPhone children uploading blurry cell phone images to fill the void while their best professional contributors are fleeing elsewhere.

Best of luck Shutterstock... the pro's will eventually all depart, your iPhone children will grow up and get bored with you... and you will fade into obscurity looking for viable content and eventually selling yourself, like a street whore, to the highest bidder.

Excellent note. Congratulations.

I've been hearing on the news about the complaints about Apple taking 30% profit on app store sales. I think what Shutterstock has done is a lot worse.

Not sure if I wasted my time but I filed a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission explaining what has happened here:

https://www.ftc.gov/faq/consumer-protection/submit-consumer-complaint-ftc

I have deactivated my account and even when the royalty program returns to normal, i will certainly not activate my account again. 
Shutterstock F**KED us all, RIGHT at the beginning of the Corona crisis. Many people got fired, lost their incomes.. And right at thát moment, Shutterstock decides to cut 
the paycheck to their loyal artists. Well screw you guys, i'm uploading ALL my photo's at FREE websites like PEXELS so one day, hopefully, Shutterstock will go DOWN.

7 hours ago, VdZ said:

I have deactivated my account and even when the royalty program returns to normal, i will certainly not activate my account again. 
Shutterstock F**KED us all, RIGHT at the beginning of the Corona crisis. Many people got fired, lost their incomes.. And right at thát moment, Shutterstock decides to cut 
the paycheck to their loyal artists. Well screw you guys, i'm uploading ALL my photo's at FREE websites like PEXELS so one day, hopefully, Shutterstock will go DOWN.

Hello VdZ,

what shutterstock has done there is a mess - no question about it.

But - I had written this before: One of the problems lay also in the fact that there were a quantity of offerers, who offered their images here and with free agencies. Why they did that, I can't understand either, because they deprived themselves of the opportunity to make money here, when potential buyers could get the images for free elsewhere. That should have been prohibited by contract by shutterstock!

But it would be disastrous for the entire microstock industry if contributors were to upload good image material to free agencies now. Then no more money can be made from Microstock in future. 

I can understand your anger. I myself have not uploaded a single image to shutterstock since the new revenue structure was introduced. But I regularly upload new images to the other agencies where there is still money to be made. I would suggest that to you as well.

If your images are good, why give them away and spoil your own future?

At the other big agency, I only have 49.6% of downloads this month compared to shutterstock, but 159% of income compared to shutterstock.

I myself am planning to deactivate my portfolio here by 31 December. If the numbers remain as bad as they are this month, maybe even before.

Обычно раствор находится на поверхности. Так что если сайт будет продавать за 0,10 доллара, а художников нет. Вы можете сделать отдельную коллекцию за 0,10 доллара США, в которую по желанию можете добавлять свои собственные изображения. Просто сделайте эту опцию доступной при загрузке контента. Верните старые цены, создайте больше коллекций контента, сделайте больше списков рассылки, это увеличит загрузки и доход, но вместо этого сайт скрывает количество загруженного контента и создает цензуру на страницах пользователей. Служба поддержки просто копирует текст и вот ответ, вроде есть боты. Я предложил им такое решение, но тишина ...

2 hours ago, Neo Geometric said:

Обычно раствор находится на поверхности. Так что если сайт будет продавать за 0,10 доллара, а художников нет. Вы можете сделать отдельную коллекцию за 0,10 доллара США, в которую по желанию можете добавлять свои собственные изображения. Просто сделайте эту опцию доступной при загрузке контента. Верните старые цены, создайте больше коллекций контента, сделайте больше списков рассылки, это увеличит загрузки и доход, но вместо этого сайт скрывает количество загруженного контента и создает цензуру на страницах пользователей. Служба поддержки просто копирует текст и вот ответ, вроде есть боты. Я предложил им такое решение, но тишина ...

the above translated by google

Usually the solution is on the surface. So what if the site sells for $ 0.10 and there are no artists. You can make a separate collection for $ 0.10, where you can add your own images if you like. Just make this option available when uploading content. Bring back old prices, create more content collections, make more mailing lists, this will increase downloads and revenue, but instead the site hides the amount of content downloaded and creates censorship on user pages. The support service just copies the text and here's the answer, like there are bots. I offered them such a solution, but silence ...

below written by me

Yes then beginners or newbies could see if their work is any good. Shutterstock THIS IS A GOOD IDEA Take notice NOW! Or are you asleep?

10 hours ago, Wilm Ihlenfeld said:

Hello VdZ,

what shutterstock has done there is a mess - no question about it.

But - I had written this before: One of the problems lay also in the fact that there were a quantity of offerers, who offered their images here and with free agencies. Why they did that, I can't understand either, because they deprived themselves of the opportunity to make money here, when potential buyers could get the images for free elsewhere. That should have been prohibited by contract by shutterstock!

But it would be disastrous for the entire microstock industry if contributors were to upload good image material to free agencies now. Then no more money can be made from Microstock in future. 

I can understand your anger. I myself have not uploaded a single image to shutterstock since the new revenue structure was introduced. But I regularly upload new images to the other agencies where there is still money to be made. I would suggest that to you as well.

If your images are good, why give them away and spoil your own future?

At the other big agency, I only have 49.6% of downloads this month compared to shutterstock, but 159% of income compared to shutterstock.

I myself am planning to deactivate my portfolio here by 31 December. If the numbers remain as bad as they are this month, maybe even before.

Hi Wilm

Could you please assist by listing the other sites where you regularly upload new images (the other agencies)  where there is still money to be made. Im new here and it would help if you could suggest these alternative options. Thanks.

6 hours ago, Tony Dunn said:

the above translated by google

Usually the solution is on the surface. So what if the site sells for $ 0.10 and there are no artists. You can make a separate collection for $ 0.10, where you can add your own images if you like. Just make this option available when uploading content. Bring back old prices, create more content collections, make more mailing lists, this will increase downloads and revenue, but instead the site hides the amount of content downloaded and creates censorship on user pages. The support service just copies the text and here's the answer, like there are bots. I offered them such a solution, but silence ...

below written by me

Yes then beginners or newbies could see if their work is any good. Shutterstock THIS IS A GOOD IDEA Take notice NOW! Or are you asleep?

They are not asleep, they are out on their yachts.