Kate Shutterstock

New earnings structure for Contributors

4 minutes ago, jjmillan said:

El dinero que pierden con nuestras fotos retiradas lo recuperan con el pago de 0,10$ 

via google translate

Just some thoughts and calculations.

I don't pretend to be 100% correct and I understand that there are unique images and there are many images that can be replaced and purchased in portfolios that were not disabled.

In the summer of 2019 I made around $ 300 every month on Shutterstock, this spring this number dropped to $ 100 - $ 200.

My wallet is disabled, so I lost between $ 100 and $ 300 each month this summer.

It means that Shutterstok lost by around $ 250- $ 750 from my port alone (over 7500 images). I use the previous payment system for the calculations (0.38c)

There were 326 million images on June 1 and now there are 330 million in SS.

As 11 weeks have passed since June 1, there should be around 337M (326M + 1M per week).

Approximately 7 million images were deactivated during the summer (that's 1000 wallets like mine). I read somewhere about 10M.

So, SS could lose $ 250,000 to $ 750,000 each month due to disabled wallets. Again, it could be true only if the 7M disabled images are unique.

Has the CEO of SS calculated his losses caused by the new payment system?

I've just disabled my portfolio.

I waited a while to see how they handle this "change" - for example by improving algorithms, selling with other prices higher than 10 cents etc

Now I can say they didn't struggle to improve searches, didn't work to eliminate similars, and the photos sold higher than 10 cents are rare.

There is no point in selling here, at least for the time being. 

Today I've sold couple of images on dreams time - 2 dolars each. Here the same images sold for 10 cents. It's not fair for other sites as well, for their buyers etc 

I posted this comment earlier in this thread that the same day one of my HD video files sold on Pond 5, where I received $10, the same exact video file sold here on Shutterstock and I received .26 cents. Not only is this practice grossly unfair to contributors, it is grossly unfair to the other stock agencies. Seems Shutterstock business practices no longer cares about anybody. 

PLEASE help me with some advice

I've disabled the portfolio  BUT now I see that they are erasing my images. The images are erased even from catalog manager.

Is it normal?? - They've completely erased aprox 80 images. I cannot see them anywhere... 

The number of images decreased. I've thought that the number stay the same only the portfolio is disabled from gallery.

Let's say next year I want to enable them - what to enable if they are erasing them  for good?? 

1 hour ago, Soare Cecilia Corina said:

PLEASE help me with some advice

I've disabled the portfolio  BUT now I see that they are erasing my images. The images are erased even from catalog manager.

Is it normal?? - They've completely erased aprox 80 images. I cannot see them anywhere... 

The number of images decreased. I've thought that the number stay the same only the portfolio is disabled from gallery.

Let's say next year I want to enable them - what to enable if they are erasing them  for good?? 

When you disable the portfolio SS use some times (1-2 days) to disable all the images. Not all images are disabled at same time. 

If in the future you like to re-enable the portfolio you can do it. 

On 8/8/2020 at 8:26 AM, Dobrin_Dobrev said:

I have mixed feelings about the new earning structure. 

Most of my downloads are 0,10$. 

I have one download which i got 1,47$ 

Some 0,44$

And for my last download I got 9$. I was shocked when I saw it yesterday. 

I'm level 1 and my main is uploading photos. I've never got more than 1,88$ for downloaded photo before structure changes. May be this was a pure luck.

I hope for more of these downloads for all. 

On 5/26/2020 at 12:08 PM, Aaron of L.A. Photography said:

I am fine with this, I get over 100 photos sold in the first month anyways. I am at level 4 right now. I just need to know how much I will be getting. Is 15% .25 still?? That is what should be figured out @Kate Shutterstock.

On behalf of everyone, woopin F-in dooo

Not a bad days work for the CEO:

Date

Name

Deal type

Number of
shares dealt

Price

Value of trade

Shares
remaining

14 Aug 2020

Oringer, Jonathan

Regular sell transaction (market)

$46.32

$95,599,320

Yes, that's $95,599,320.00. I made $0.10 yesterday.

Hace 47 minutos, Pixeljoy dijo:

Obtuve una venta mejorada por 3,13 $. ¿Han mejorado las ventas también dentro de la nueva subestructura?

No

en la misma pagina aparece:Se encuentran disponibles 331.168.705 fotos, vectores e ilustraciones de stock libres de regalías  y A fecha de 30 de junio de 2020, disponemos de más de 340 millones de imágenes.

Y ademas han desaparecido las fotos subidas semanalmente, alguien sabe que ha pasado

10 minutes ago, jjmillan said:

And also the photos uploaded weekly have disappeared, someone knows what happened

As of 18/08/2020 331,496,076 royalty-free stock images / 817,950 new stock images added this week, i wonder why the stats have been removed

1 hour ago, Sue Rae Edmondson said:

As of 18/08/2020 331,496,076 royalty-free stock images / 817,950 new stock images added this week, i wonder why the stats have been removed

It seems more and more contributors stop uploading new content there. So they have decided to hide new weekly uploads. Previously it was loud marketing tool – 1 mil. new images every week.

They have decided to round up image count just by 9 mil. Just in case

Screen Shot 2020-08-20 at 12.42.11.png

8 hours ago, Ints Vikmanis said:

It seems more and more contributors stop uploading new content there. So they have decided to hide new weekly uploads. Previously it was loud marketing tool – 1 mil. new images every week.

They have decided to round up image count just by 9 mil. Just in case

Screen Shot 2020-08-20 at 12.42.11.png

if all contributor unite together disable the profile, SS will down immediately. 

I have better story to tell you. I ask shutterstock via ticket how deleting account working from technical side (how long it take etc.) Instead of answer what i ask for they disable my whole image and video portfolio of more than 30k images :D Now i cannot turn them on till 16 september. I dont have enough balls to disable portfolio so Shutterstock made this hard decision for me :D And this is professional company?  

I've mentioned this before but not received that much interest. I have built a photo-server that fetches my pics from SmuMug and serves them up. It's open source and runs on PythonAnywhere or on a RaspberryPi at home, so everyone can pick up their own copy and adapt it at will. There's some work to do yet, but I'd like to get a network together and start sharing between groups of collaborators, making up an independent, peer-to-peer photographers' network with no central manager or owner.

All of us together are bigger than any one agency! We could make this THE network for selling stock and keep the proceeds for ourselves. Anyone who is interested, even if only with a wish list, get the code and contact me via the links.

https://github.com/ElliottBignell/homePIX

https://elliottcb.pythonanywhere.com/

I am also a very disapointed contributer and just jumped to level 2. Great, but what is the effect? None at all, I still get only 0,10$ as before when I was in level 1.

Is there anything I did wrong? And what happens next year when I fall back to level 1 once more? Even less or what?