Jump to content

New earnings structure for Contributors


Recommended Posts

I've just disabled my portfolio.

I waited a while to see how they handle this "change" - for example by improving algorithms, selling with other prices higher than 10 cents etc

Now I can say they didn't struggle to improve searches, didn't work to eliminate similars, and the photos sold higher than 10 cents are rare.

There is no point in selling here, at least for the time being. 

Today I've sold couple of images on dreams time - 2 dolars each. Here the same images sold for 10 cents. It's not fair for other sites as well, for their buyers etc 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In an email that is going out today, we are announcing that we will be updating the earnings structure that determines how much you get paid when customers license your work. We are making this adjust

This space will be updated to address frequently asked questions.  My email shows different counts for videos than are shown above. Which is correct? Apologies. The email to video contributo

Just when you think Shutterstock couldn't completely and utterly screw the contributors and more you've gone and done it. Effectively with a January reset everybody gets a cut of 20% or more of e

Posted Images

I posted this comment earlier in this thread that the same day one of my HD video files sold on Pond 5, where I received $10, the same exact video file sold here on Shutterstock and I received .26 cents. Not only is this practice grossly unfair to contributors, it is grossly unfair to the other stock agencies. Seems Shutterstock business practices no longer cares about anybody. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

PLEASE help me with some advice

I've disabled the portfolio  BUT now I see that they are erasing my images. The images are erased even from catalog manager.

Is it normal?? - They've completely erased aprox 80 images. I cannot see them anywhere... 

The number of images decreased. I've thought that the number stay the same only the portfolio is disabled from gallery.

Let's say next year I want to enable them - what to enable if they are erasing them  for good?? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Soare Cecilia Corina said:

PLEASE help me with some advice

I've disabled the portfolio  BUT now I see that they are erasing my images. The images are erased even from catalog manager.

Is it normal?? - They've completely erased aprox 80 images. I cannot see them anywhere... 

The number of images decreased. I've thought that the number stay the same only the portfolio is disabled from gallery.

Let's say next year I want to enable them - what to enable if they are erasing them  for good?? 

When you disable the portfolio SS use some times (1-2 days) to disable all the images. Not all images are disabled at same time. 

If in the future you like to re-enable the portfolio you can do it. 

 

On 8/8/2020 at 8:26 AM, Dobrin_Dobrev said:

I have mixed feelings about the new earning structure. 

Most of my downloads are 0,10$. 

I have one download which i got 1,47$ 

Some 0,44$

And for my last download I got 9$. I was shocked when I saw it yesterday. 

I'm level 1 and my main is uploading photos. I've never got more than 1,88$ for downloaded photo before structure changes. May be this was a pure luck.

I hope for more of these downloads for all. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/26/2020 at 12:08 PM, Aaron of L.A. Photography said:

I am fine with this, I get over 100 photos sold in the first month anyways. I am at level 4 right now. I just need to know how much I will be getting. Is 15% .25 still?? That is what should be figured out @Kate Shutterstock.

 

On behalf of everyone, woopin F-in dooo

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sue Rae Edmondson said:

As of 18/08/2020 331,496,076 royalty-free stock images / 817,950 new stock images added this week, i wonder why the stats have been removed

It seems more and more contributors stop uploading new content there. So they have decided to hide new weekly uploads. Previously it was loud marketing tool – 1 mil. new images every week.

They have decided to round up image count just by 9 mil. Just in case

Screen Shot 2020-08-20 at 12.42.11.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Ints Vikmanis said:

It seems more and more contributors stop uploading new content there. So they have decided to hide new weekly uploads. Previously it was loud marketing tool – 1 mil. new images every week.

They have decided to round up image count just by 9 mil. Just in case

Screen Shot 2020-08-20 at 12.42.11.png

if all contributor unite together disable the profile, SS will down immediately. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have better story to tell you. I ask shutterstock via ticket how deleting account working from technical side (how long it take etc.) Instead of answer what i ask for they disable my whole image and video portfolio of more than 30k images :D Now i cannot turn them on till 16 september. I dont have enough balls to disable portfolio so Shutterstock made this hard decision for me :D And this is professional company?  

Link to post
Share on other sites

I've mentioned this before but not received that much interest. I have built a photo-server that fetches my pics from SmuMug and serves them up. It's open source and runs on PythonAnywhere or on a RaspberryPi at home, so everyone can pick up their own copy and adapt it at will. There's some work to do yet, but I'd like to get a network together and start sharing between groups of collaborators, making up an independent, peer-to-peer photographers' network with no central manager or owner.

All of us together are bigger than any one agency! We could make this THE network for selling stock and keep the proceeds for ourselves. Anyone who is interested, even if only with a wish list, get the code and contact me via the links.

https://github.com/ElliottBignell/homePIX

https://elliottcb.pythonanywhere.com/

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Elliott Bignell said:

All of us together are bigger than any one agency! We could make this THE network for selling stock and keep the proceeds for ourselves. Anyone who is interested, even if only with a wish list, get the code and contact me via the links.

https://github.com/ElliottBignell/homePIX

https://elliottcb.pythonanywhere.com/

I would be interested but I need to understand what you are proposing, how it would work and what the real benefits.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...