Kate Shutterstock

New earnings structure for Contributors

1 hour ago, Steve Bower said:

Wilm & Christina,

For your info. I also got this e-mail.  This is actually the second request to download more images.  Like a lot of us, I quit downloading after the new pricing structure.  

Thank you for this information, Steve!

It reassures me to know that they would like more uploads. So it hurts them after all that many contributors do not act in the way they want to.

5 hours ago, Wilm Ihlenfeld said:

Hmmm,

that's interesting, Christina. It would also be interesting to know how many other providers have also received this message. I haven't received anything like this. However, I'm one of the low uploaders, so shutterstock probably doesn't think I'm interesting.

Anyways: every line you write is absolutely correct.

I also got this today.  I stopped uploading in June and deleted my images one by one in July.

On 8/12/2020 at 4:49 AM, paula french said:

If we are getting 0.10 now - surely it can't go lower than that in January - can it????

What it means that if you clawed you way up to a higher level they will put you right smack on the bottom of levels to one again in January.

I have cancelled the video footage rights and have stopped uploading stills. Will close out after I reach my next minimum payout.

51 minutes ago, RoJo Images said:

What it means that if you clawed you way up to a higher level they will put you right smack on the bottom of levels to one again in January.

yes, they are realy that mean and scrooge like

My images still for sale after account was deleted! 

So i finally had my account deleted today. My login is gone, with no access to my contributor page. Everything should be good now, but then I noticed that my images are still on Shutterstock. OK, I have seen this before, but nobody could download the images when trying to purchase them. This time is different. People are able to purchase my images and I do not even have any access anymore?

That is criminal! Any thoughts?

111.jpg

I believe I would get on the phone and call them.

Best number I could find to reach them: 

+1 866-663-3954

1 hour ago, Mirko Rosenau said:

Man Im starting to regret shutterstock, The guys at dreamstime are also bad, they once put my images in a "free download spin off site of they´res." These sites are full of lies and deceit. Dreamstime wont let you delete your port all at once.

So i finally had my account deleted today. My login is gone, with no access to my contributor page. Everything should be good now, but then I noticed that my images are still on Shutterstock. OK, I have seen this before, but nobody could download the images when trying to purchase them. This time is different. People are able to purchase my images and I do not even have any access anymore?

111.jpg

at first i really hate this, because now i only got 0.17 from subscriber download. but i don't know why, in the last two month i got bigger earning than usual, especially last month. i got the highest earning in all times. does it mean i got lower earning from subsriber download, but bigger earning in regular download?

9 hours ago, Mirko Rosenau said:

111.jpg

Hello, Mirko,

i just tried this and can't find your image - screenshot attached.

Bildschirmfoto 2020-08-14 um 09.48.07.png

1 hour ago, Wilm Ihlenfeld said:

Yesterday I had my personal negative record. 50% of the downloads were those for $0.10 - despite level 5.

Yes, unfortunately that’s as to be expected since more and more customers will buy those tempting, priced-to-sell subscription plans instead. 

This tips the income split even further in Shutterstock’s favor as they get to keep 100% of income from unused downloads in these plans. 

Cheeky f..ers 

5 hours ago, Wilm Ihlenfeld said:

Hello, Mirko,

i just tried this and can't find your image - screenshot attached.

Bildschirmfoto 2020-08-14 um 09.48.07.png

Morning Wilm,

I hope you are well! I just checked and all images are gone now. Still, this is not a good feeling. They where clearly for sale. Shutterstock was very clear to me that when I delete my account there will be no payout to me if I haven't reached the  $35 yet. That means aby of my images that was sole yesterday Shutterstock keeps 100% of the money. That is steeling! Yesterday I sent them an email asking about what is going on. No response, but at least my images are gone now. 

On 8/13/2020 at 10:48 AM, Yuriy Chertok said:

If anyone is thinking sanely, there are two simple steps: stop uploading new content and regularly remove images and videos from your portfolio.

Stopped uploading last month and I'm deleting from my portfolio slowly! All exclusive on Alamy for new content now.

👎 to Shutterstock. 

1 minute ago, Tony ALS said:

Stopped uploading last month and I'm deleting from my portfolio slowly! All exclusive on Alamy for new content now.

👎 to Shutterstock. 

Just replied to a post from Yuriy Chertok and the post and several others disappeared. this is clearly being monitored and periodically cleared out of information like the protest webpage link that was here just now!

2 hours ago, Tony ALS said:

Just replied to a post from Yuriy Chertok and the post and several others disappeared. this is clearly being monitored and periodically cleared out of information like the protest webpage link that was here just now!

On Shutterstock's Facebook many contributors started commenting on new posts saying "Pay your contributors fairly!" Shutterstock removed all those comments as well. Plus, I cannot comment the at all anymore. lol

8 hours ago, Tony ALS said:

They can't take the time to answer any questions but they have time to scan the forums and remove what they don't like.  

I not planning on uploading anything here anymore.  Why should we give them our best images for basically free?  They are getting rich on our backs, but they are biting the hand that feeds them.  I'm averaging a little over $2.00 per sale on Adobe.  I would have to sell 20 to 1 to make the same money here.  Several other sites pay 50% from the start and I will be looking to expand where I post.

So why are you taking more money from us when the service goes down?

I'm still waiting 4 months for an answer to a question where support said they had to send it back to review.

Where is this extra money that I'm paying shutterstock going? It's not going to support, it's not going to improve sales, it's not going any place that seems to be assisting me. why do I need to pay more for getting less?

again 4 months without any response from support regarding issues with images. And sadly this is not the first time either.

For months I have had my Image and Footage sales set to the No option in Licensing Options on my account.

However for some reason a few days ago they sold 2 of my videos for 58c each! how does that happen when I have No selected for both options in Licensing for Footage? 58c is a rip off!

4 hours ago, txking said:

I'm still waiting 4 months for an answer to a question where support said they had to send it back to review.

I am still waiting for the announced answer from support on how exactly the downloads of our files for the Microsoft-Ads deal will be compensated. And my feeling tells me that I will never get an answer to that.

Just some thoughts and calculations.

I'm not pretend to be correct on 100% and I understand that there are unique images and there are a lot of images which can be replaced and purchased from portfolios which weren't disabled.

On summer 2019 I earned for about $300 each month on shutterstock, this spring this numbers decreased to $100 - $200.

My portfolio is disabled so I lost during this summer for about $100 - $300 each month.

It means Shutterstok lost for about $250 - $750 from my port only (7500+ images). I use previous payment system for calculations (0.38c)

There were 326M images on June 1 and there are 330M images on SS now.

As it passed 11 weeks since June 1 there should be for about 337M (326M + 1M per week).

For about 7M images were disabled during summer (it is 1000 such portfolios as mine). I read somewhere about 10M.

So SS could lost from $250 000 to $750 000 each month due to disabled portfolios. Again it could be true only if 7M disabled images are unique.

Has CEO of SS calculated their lost caused by new payment system?