Kate Shutterstock

New earnings structure for Contributors

43 минуты назад 3sstudio сказал:

Математика SS - 15% = 10c, 20% = 10c, 35% = 10c

It's like multiplying by zero

кто-нибудь может ответить?

Я перешел на уровень 2, но все еще 10 центов?

Если 15% заработка составляет 10 центов,

что такое 20% заработка ?

2 hours ago, 3sstudio said:

can someone please answer?

I moved to level 2 but still 10 cents?

If 15% earnings is 10 cents,

what is 20% earnings?

Yes. I'm level 6 and most of the sales are $0.10

I closed my video footage sales license about 3 days ago and haven't heard a word. I don't expect to either. Pond 5 paid me $10.00 for a video sale on the same day Shutterstock paid me .26 cents for the same video footage. They are putting all of us to a slow death. Anybody out there working with Adobe Stock?

11 minutes ago, Centrill Media said:

I closed my video footage sales license about 3 days ago and haven't heard a word. I don't expect to either. Pond 5 paid me $10.00 for a video sale on the same day Shutterstock paid me .26 cents for the same video footage. They are putting all of us to a slow death. Anybody out there working with Adobe Stock?

Lol, that is so sad. I'm working now on getting my account deleted, but Shutterstock does not really response. Only worthless standard-answers...

8 hours ago, paula french said:

If we are getting 0.10 now - surely it can't go lower than that in January - can it????

The minimum will be the same, but the max payout will be much lower.

7 hours ago, Tony Dunn said:

translated by google

From my experience, the only way to fight against this capitalist system that only seeks to obtain benefits at the expense of the poverty of the workers (us) would be to form a community, a cooperative where all the photographers put our photos exclusively, and that the clients They could only find the photos, vectors, videos, etc., in our cooperative, that we mark the prices and that was directed by us.

Socialize our production exclusively.

Everything else is patches that will break off sooner or later.

Misery for all.

To clarify, SS's system is almost identical to a communist system, not capitalism. I recommend reading the Communist Manifesto and Wealth of Nations to better understand the definitions.

7 hours ago, Tony Dunn said:

translated by google

From my experience, the only way to fight against this capitalist system that only seeks to obtain benefits at the expense of the poverty of the workers (us) would be to form a community, a cooperative where all the photographers put our photos exclusively, and that the clients They could only find the photos, vectors, videos, etc., in our cooperative, that we mark the prices and that was directed by us.

Socialize our production exclusively.

Everything else is patches that will break off sooner or later.

Misery for all.

Check out the Stock Coalition on FB.....this was organized in June and making progress.

11 minutes ago, GregDPhotos said:

Para aclarar, el sistema de las SS es casi idéntico a un sistema comunista, no al capitalismo. Recomiendo leer el Manifiesto Comunista y La riqueza de las naciones para comprender mejor las definiciones.

Como alguien que estudió sociología y políticas creo que tu comparación de SS con el Comunismo es muy singular, apuesto que si a SS le dices que son Comunistas se parten de risa.

De todos modos aquí no estamos para polemizar con cuestiones vanas. He montado comunas y cooperativas y sé lo que digo, afirmo que es el mejor sistema para que los fotógrafos (o cualquier trabajador por cuenta ajena) podamos ser dueños del sistema de producción y no depender de las astucias "Comunistas" de los CEO de turno.

I choose not to participate in FB for a wide variety of privacy concerns.

Do you have some sort of link to read about this coalition?

You could have earned so much more, Shutterstock actually wrote to me today, again noticing that I haven’t uploaded anything since this pricing structure change was forced on all contributors. 

Yes, I could have and earned Shutterstock and myself more money. So could all the other contributors, who have stopped uploading out of protest or even gone so far as to deactivate or even delete their accounts. 

How about you take your contributors seriously and pay a fair share of royalties, Shutterstock? Then you’ll get loads of good quality & fresh content and all of us can earn more together.

It should be a partnership between artist and agency with the shared interest of generating income together. This is an open market, we aren’t slaves and we can chose where to sell or not to sell our photos, illustrations and videos.

7A33EA01-F6D8-4DB8-BA84-7122539D8829.jpeg

1 hour ago, Christina Hemsley said:

You could have earned so much more, Shutterstock actually wrote to me today, again noticing that I haven’t uploaded anything since this pricing structure change was forced on all contributors. 

Yes, I could have and earned Shutterstock and myself more money. So could all the other contributors, who have stopped uploading out of protest or even gone so far as to deactivate or even delete their accounts. 

How about you take your contributors seriously and pay a fair share of royalties, Shutterstock? Then you’ll get loads of good quality & fresh content and all of us can earn more together.

It should be a partnership between artist and agency with the shared interest of generating income together. This is an open market, we aren’t slaves and we can chose where to sell or not to sell our photos, illustrations and videos.

7A33EA01-F6D8-4DB8-BA84-7122539D8829.jpeg

Hmmm,

that's interesting, Christina. It would also be interesting to know how many other providers have also received this message. I haven't received anything like this. However, I'm one of the low uploaders, so shutterstock probably doesn't think I'm interesting.

Anyways: every line you write is absolutely correct.

Wilm & Christina,

For your info. I also got this e-mail.  This is actually the second request to download more images.  Like a lot of us, I quit downloading after the new pricing structure.  

1 hour ago, Steve Bower said:

Wilm & Christina,

For your info. I also got this e-mail.  This is actually the second request to download more images.  Like a lot of us, I quit downloading after the new pricing structure.  

Thank you for this information, Steve!

It reassures me to know that they would like more uploads. So it hurts them after all that many contributors do not act in the way they want to.

5 hours ago, Wilm Ihlenfeld said:

Hmmm,

that's interesting, Christina. It would also be interesting to know how many other providers have also received this message. I haven't received anything like this. However, I'm one of the low uploaders, so shutterstock probably doesn't think I'm interesting.

Anyways: every line you write is absolutely correct.

I also got this today.  I stopped uploading in June and deleted my images one by one in July.

On 8/12/2020 at 4:49 AM, paula french said:

If we are getting 0.10 now - surely it can't go lower than that in January - can it????

What it means that if you clawed you way up to a higher level they will put you right smack on the bottom of levels to one again in January.

I have cancelled the video footage rights and have stopped uploading stills. Will close out after I reach my next minimum payout.

51 minutes ago, RoJo Images said:

What it means that if you clawed you way up to a higher level they will put you right smack on the bottom of levels to one again in January.

yes, they are realy that mean and scrooge like