Jump to content

New earnings structure for Contributors


Recommended Posts

I closed my video footage sales license about 3 days ago and haven't heard a word. I don't expect to either. Pond 5 paid me $10.00 for a video sale on the same day Shutterstock paid me .26 cents for the same video footage. They are putting all of us to a slow death. Anybody out there working with Adobe Stock?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In an email that is going out today, we are announcing that we will be updating the earnings structure that determines how much you get paid when customers license your work. We are making this adjust

This is just a joke. 10 years with SS and now I'll be getting 20% commission on my footage clips??? No lifetime sales tier, just what you sold last year/this year.... To get to the curr

This space will be updated to address frequently asked questions.  My email shows different counts for videos than are shown above. Which is correct? Apologies. The email to video contributo

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, Centrill Media said:

I closed my video footage sales license about 3 days ago and haven't heard a word. I don't expect to either. Pond 5 paid me $10.00 for a video sale on the same day Shutterstock paid me .26 cents for the same video footage. They are putting all of us to a slow death. Anybody out there working with Adobe Stock?

Lol, that is so sad. I'm working now on getting my account deleted, but Shutterstock does not really response. Only worthless standard-answers...

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Tony Dunn said:

translated by google

From my experience, the only way to fight against this capitalist system that only seeks to obtain benefits at the expense of the poverty of the workers (us) would be to form a community, a cooperative where all the photographers put our photos exclusively, and that the clients They could only find the photos, vectors, videos, etc., in our cooperative, that we mark the prices and that was directed by us.

Socialize our production exclusively.

Everything else is patches that will break off sooner or later.

Misery for all.

To clarify, SS's system is almost identical to a communist system, not capitalism. I recommend reading the Communist Manifesto and Wealth of Nations to better understand the definitions.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Tony Dunn said:

translated by google

From my experience, the only way to fight against this capitalist system that only seeks to obtain benefits at the expense of the poverty of the workers (us) would be to form a community, a cooperative where all the photographers put our photos exclusively, and that the clients They could only find the photos, vectors, videos, etc., in our cooperative, that we mark the prices and that was directed by us.

Socialize our production exclusively.

Everything else is patches that will break off sooner or later.

Misery for all.

Check out the Stock Coalition on FB.....this was organized in June and making progress.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, GregDPhotos said:

Para aclarar, el sistema de las SS es casi idéntico a un sistema comunista, no al capitalismo. Recomiendo leer el Manifiesto Comunista y La riqueza de las naciones para comprender mejor las definiciones.

Como alguien que estudió sociología y políticas creo que tu comparación de SS con el Comunismo es muy singular, apuesto que si a SS le dices que son Comunistas se parten de risa.

De todos modos aquí no estamos para polemizar con cuestiones vanas. He montado comunas y cooperativas y sé lo que digo, afirmo que es el mejor sistema para que los fotógrafos (o cualquier trabajador por cuenta ajena) podamos ser dueños del sistema de producción y no depender de las astucias "Comunistas" de los CEO de turno.

Link to post
Share on other sites

You could have earned so much more, Shutterstock actually wrote to me today, again noticing that I haven’t uploaded anything since this pricing structure change was forced on all contributors. 

Yes, I could have and earned Shutterstock and myself more money. So could all the other contributors, who have stopped uploading out of protest or even gone so far as to deactivate or even delete their accounts. 

How about you take your contributors seriously and pay a fair share of royalties, Shutterstock? Then you’ll get loads of good quality & fresh content and all of us can earn more together.

It should be a partnership between artist and agency with the shared interest of generating income together. This is an open market, we aren’t slaves and we can chose where to sell or not to sell our photos, illustrations and videos.

 

 

 

7A33EA01-F6D8-4DB8-BA84-7122539D8829.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Christina Hemsley said:

You could have earned so much more, Shutterstock actually wrote to me today, again noticing that I haven’t uploaded anything since this pricing structure change was forced on all contributors. 

Yes, I could have and earned Shutterstock and myself more money. So could all the other contributors, who have stopped uploading out of protest or even gone so far as to deactivate or even delete their accounts. 

How about you take your contributors seriously and pay a fair share of royalties, Shutterstock? Then you’ll get loads of good quality & fresh content and all of us can earn more together.

It should be a partnership between artist and agency with the shared interest of generating income together. This is an open market, we aren’t slaves and we can chose where to sell or not to sell our photos, illustrations and videos.

 

 

 

7A33EA01-F6D8-4DB8-BA84-7122539D8829.jpeg

Hmmm,

that's interesting, Christina. It would also be interesting to know how many other providers have also received this message. I haven't received anything like this. However, I'm one of the low uploaders, so shutterstock probably doesn't think I'm interesting.

Anyways: every line you write is absolutely correct.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Steve Bower said:

Wilm & Christina,

For your info. I also got this e-mail.  This is actually the second request to download more images.  Like a lot of us, I quit downloading after the new pricing structure.  

Thank you for this information, Steve!

It reassures me to know that they would like more uploads. So it hurts them after all that many contributors do not act in the way they want to.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Wilm Ihlenfeld said:

Hmmm,

that's interesting, Christina. It would also be interesting to know how many other providers have also received this message. I haven't received anything like this. However, I'm one of the low uploaders, so shutterstock probably doesn't think I'm interesting.

Anyways: every line you write is absolutely correct.

I also got this today.  I stopped uploading in June and deleted my images one by one in July.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/12/2020 at 4:49 AM, paula french said:

If we are getting 0.10 now - surely it can't go lower than that in January - can it????

What it means that if you clawed you way up to a higher level they will put you right smack on the bottom of levels to one again in January.

Link to post
Share on other sites

My images still for sale after account was deleted! 

So i finally had my account deleted today. My login is gone, with no access to my contributor page. Everything should be good now, but then I noticed that my images are still on Shutterstock. OK, I have seen this before, but nobody could download the images when trying to purchase them. This time is different. People are able to purchase my images and I do not even have any access anymore?

That is criminal! Any thoughts?

111.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mirko Rosenau said:

Man Im starting to regret shutterstock, The guys at dreamstime are also bad, they once put my images in a "free download spin off site of they´res." These sites are full of lies and deceit. Dreamstime wont let you delete your port all at once.

 

 

My images still for sale after account was deleted! 

So i finally had my account deleted today. My login is gone, with no access to my contributor page. Everything should be good now, but then I noticed that my images are still on Shutterstock. OK, I have seen this before, but nobody could download the images when trying to purchase them. This time is different. People are able to purchase my images and I do not even have any access anymore?

That is criminal! Any thoughts?

111.jpg

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

at first i really hate this, because now i only got 0.17 from subscriber download. but i don't know why, in the last two month i got bigger earning than usual, especially last month. i got the highest earning in all times. does it mean i got lower earning from subsriber download, but bigger earning in regular download?

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Mirko Rosenau said:

My images still for sale after account was deleted! 

So i finally had my account deleted today. My login is gone, with no access to my contributor page. Everything should be good now, but then I noticed that my images are still on Shutterstock. OK, I have seen this before, but nobody could download the images when trying to purchase them. This time is different. People are able to purchase my images and I do not even have any access anymore?

That is criminal! Any thoughts?

111.jpg

Hello, Mirko,

i just tried this and can't find your image - screenshot attached.

Bildschirmfoto 2020-08-14 um 09.48.07.png

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...