Kate Shutterstock

New earnings structure for Contributors

On 8/3/2020 at 7:10 AM, Tony ALS said:

I don't expect anything to improve either. New contributors might believe $0.10 is normal. As has been said here before, a race to the bottom.

The answer is simple .... delete your images.

5 hours ago, RoJo Images said:

The answer is simple .... delete your images.

As previously explained, that's what I'm doing but only each time one sells.Ā 

10 minutes ago, Tony ALS said:

Just had my first sale elsewhere for 15 x $0.10.šŸ™„

Congratulations. What were you expecting?

By the time some people here will move their port elsewhere, all agencies will do the same thing.

33 minutes ago, Ints Vikmanis said:

Do you mean other site than SS? Which one?

Yes, not on SS. This was with Alamy.

35 minutes ago, Whiteaster said:

Congratulations. What were you expecting?

By the time some people here will move their port elsewhere, all agencies will do the same thing.

Or they won't. Not if the reaction from contributors here is strong enough. You have removed your content I see. i will do the same at the end of the year as everyone should.Ā 

I am afraid that by end of year other agencies will follow SS example and will start paying us 0.10 or lessā€¦

Other agencies will see that SS image count is still growing. So they will understand that contributors agree and are happy with 0.10

38 minutes ago, Tony ALS said:

Or they won't. Not if the reaction from contributors here is strong enough. You have removed your content I see. i will do the same at the end of the year as everyone should.Ā 

There must be some mistake, I haven't removed my content, I just stopped uploading until a week ago (or so).

For me all other agencies earn much less than SS, so I don't see why would I remove my port. I don't care how much SS earns on me, the same as I don't care how much the supermarket earns on me increasing the producers' prices 10-20 times in this corona era. All I care about is how much goes in my pocket and somehow I got lucky in these last two months. I realize that it is a lottery though.

32 minutes ago, Whiteaster said:

There must be some mistake, I haven't removed my content, I just stopped uploading until a week ago (or so).

For me all other agencies earn much less than SS, so I don't see why would I remove my port. I don't care how much SS earns on me, the same as I don't care how much the supermarket earns on me increasing the producers' prices 10-20 times in this corona era. All I care about is how much goes in my pocket and somehow I got lucky in these last two months. I realize that it is a lottery though.

Apologies, I can see your images are still on sale. I too stopped uploading in July. I get nothing but $0.10 per image here now.

16 minutes ago, Whiteaster said:

That is surprising, I didn't know they have such commissions too.

And that is towards the smallest paid. Average is much higher.

3 hours ago, Ints Vikmanis said:

I am afraid that by end of year other agencies will follow SS example and will start paying us 0.10 or lessā€¦

Other agencies will see that SS image count is still growing. So they will understand that contributors agree and are happy with 0.10

i i thinkĀ this is what the future is. there is too much stock images in this world. i just hope micro stock agency will compete on quality than price.

It is really not fair. I raised a few levels but still EARN 10 cents.Ā 

I still don't believe it and hope they compromiseĀ  somehow to us. FOR ALL THE HARD WORK

54 minutes ago, Trinet Uzun said:

It is really not fair. I raised a few levels but still EARN 10 cents.Ā 

I still don't believe it and hope they compromiseĀ  somehow to us. FOR ALL THE HARD WORK

No matter what is your level. 10c are majority for all levels. This levels are pure bullsh..t.Ā 

10 hours ago, Piotr Krzeslak said:

No matter what is your level. 10c are majority for all levels. This levels are pure bullsh..t.Ā 

What an image port you have! Splendid! I've noticed you are video specialized too. Very, very nice. Wish you best with your work.

1 hour ago, Primus1 said:

What an image port you have! Splendid! I've noticed you are video specialized too. Very, very nice. Wish you best with your work.

Yes, I agree!

1 hour ago, Primus1 said:

Thank You guys! Nice to hear it. I'm level 5 and 90% of my earnings here are 0,10$. Totally waste of time. From 1 june my portoflio growing only on other stock sites. Uploading here is pointless.Ā 

3 minutes ago, Piotr Krzeslak said:

Thank You guys! Nice to hear it. I'm level 5 and 90% of my earnings here are 0,10$. Totally waste of time. From 1 june my portoflio growing only on other stock sites. Uploading here is pointless.Ā 

You are welcome! Yes, it is pointless. Sad. :(

20 hours ago, Whiteaster said:

That is surprising, I didn't know they have such commissions too.

No Alamy don'tĀ  I see that he meantĀ 15 x $0.10 =Ā aĀ  $1.50 sale! which sounds very low for them.