New earnings structure for Contributors

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In an email that is going out today, we are announcing that we will be updating the earnings structure that determines how much you get paid when customers license your work. We are making this adjust

This is just a joke. 10 years with SS and now I'll be getting 20% commission on my footage clips??? No lifetime sales tier, just what you sold last year/this year.... To get to the curr

This space will be updated to address frequently asked questions.  My email shows different counts for videos than are shown above. Which is correct? Apologies. The email to video contributo

Posted Images

35 minutes ago, Whiteaster said:

Congratulations. What were you expecting?

By the time some people here will move their port elsewhere, all agencies will do the same thing.

Or they won't. Not if the reaction from contributors here is strong enough. You have removed your content I see. i will do the same at the end of the year as everyone should. 

38 minutes ago, Tony ALS said:

Or they won't. Not if the reaction from contributors here is strong enough. You have removed your content I see. i will do the same at the end of the year as everyone should. 

There must be some mistake, I haven't removed my content, I just stopped uploading until a week ago (or so).

For me all other agencies earn much less than SS, so I don't see why would I remove my port. I don't care how much SS earns on me, the same as I don't care how much the supermarket earns on me increasing the producers' prices 10-20 times in this corona era. All I care about is how much goes in my pocket and somehow I got lucky in these last two months. I realize that it is a lottery though.

32 minutes ago, Whiteaster said:

There must be some mistake, I haven't removed my content, I just stopped uploading until a week ago (or so).

For me all other agencies earn much less than SS, so I don't see why would I remove my port. I don't care how much SS earns on me, the same as I don't care how much the supermarket earns on me increasing the producers' prices 10-20 times in this corona era. All I care about is how much goes in my pocket and somehow I got lucky in these last two months. I realize that it is a lottery though.

Apologies, I can see your images are still on sale. I too stopped uploading in July. I get nothing but $0.10 per image here now.

16 minutes ago, Whiteaster said:

That is surprising, I didn't know they have such commissions too.

And that is towards the smallest paid. Average is much higher.

3 hours ago, Ints Vikmanis said:

I am afraid that by end of year other agencies will follow SS example and will start paying us 0.10 or less…

Other agencies will see that SS image count is still growing. So they will understand that contributors agree and are happy with 0.10

i i think this is what the future is. there is too much stock images in this world. i just hope micro stock agency will compete on quality than price.

1 hour ago, Primus1 said:

What an image port you have! Splendid! I've noticed you are video specialized too. Very, very nice. Wish you best with your work.

Thank You guys! Nice to hear it. I'm level 5 and 90% of my earnings here are 0,10$. Totally waste of time. From 1 june my portoflio growing only on other stock sites. Uploading here is pointless. 

3 hours ago, Tony Dunn said:

No Alamy don't  I see that he meant 15 x $0.10 = a  $1.50 sale! which sounds very low for them.

It is low for Alamy but at least it's not $0.10. There is some stunning work in SS's database which deserves so much more. 

Personally I find this all very sad. Back in the day I had some photos sell through TIB for 4 and 5 figures. When a great man, Larry Fried passed away TIB changed for the worse. Bean counters came in and changed the way things were run. The people in charge went for short term profits at the loss of long term profits. It did not take long. Then came computers and digital. The drop of prices accelerated. What would take years and many rolls of expensive film and processing to learn was thrown out the window. I use to be able to go to something like fireworks and knew maybe 1 other person knew how to capture them. Now, take a photo on your digital camera, repeat, repeat, repeat, now I have a photo. Then came micro stock. Pros were reluctant to go there, but with sales at traditional agencies plummeting they did, me included. The quality at MS agencies went up. Photographers made money on volume but not like it was. The Dollar Photo Club was a harbinger of things to come. Most stopped submitting and it killed the DPC. Now we have .10¢ Shutterstock royalties. I turned off my portfolio after about 7 days of seeing the results. It was always questionable about it being worth my time to upload to any micro stock agency. When Getty finally axed their RM images and offered15% RF royalty I decided it was time to end my relationship with them. Now that SS has dropped our commission and increased their percentage I decided to drop them. The real problem is I fail to see is how any photographer can create quality images at the current rates of compensation to the photographers. I enjoyed knowing people would pay money to use my images. They felt my images were worth purchasing. I now find myself with literally over one hundred thousand beautiful salable images that will probably NEVER be seen by anyone except myself. I continue to shoot photos for myself but like I said, other than self satisfaction, no one will ever see them. A sad time for sure. For income I will be looking for something else to do. For anyone who would like to see what SS and most likely the other MS sites will be missing you can see my images here...  http://landwehrle.com

10 hours ago, Don Landwehrle said:

Personally I find this all very sad. Back in the day I had some photos sell through TIB for 4 and 5 figures. When a great man, Larry Fried passed away TIB changed for the worse. Bean counters came in and changed the way things were run. The people in charge went for short term profits at the loss of long term profits. It did not take long. Then came computers and digital. The drop of prices accelerated. What would take years and many rolls of expensive film and processing to learn was thrown out the window. I use to be able to go to something like fireworks and knew maybe 1 other person knew how to capture them. Now, take a photo on your digital camera, repeat, repeat, repeat, now I have a photo. Then came micro stock. Pros were reluctant to go there, but with sales at traditional agencies plummeting they did, me included. The quality at MS agencies went up. Photographers made money on volume but not like it was. The Dollar Photo Club was a harbinger of things to come. Most stopped submitting and it killed the DPC. Now we have .10¢ Shutterstock royalties. I turned off my portfolio after about 7 days of seeing the results. It was always questionable about it being worth my time to upload to any micro stock agency. When Getty finally axed their RM images and offered15% RF royalty I decided it was time to end my relationship with them. Now that SS has dropped our commission and increased their percentage I decided to drop them. The real problem is I fail to see is how any photographer can create quality images at the current rates of compensation to the photographers. I enjoyed knowing people would pay money to use my images. They felt my images were worth purchasing. I now find myself with literally over one hundred thousand beautiful salable images that will probably NEVER be seen by anyone except myself. I continue to shoot photos for myself but like I said, other than self satisfaction, no one will ever see them. A sad time for sure. For income I will be looking for something else to do. For anyone who would like to see what SS and most likely the other MS sites will be missing you can see my images here...  http://landwehrle.com

your pictures are too good for Micro Stock. Have you tried Alamy?

I have mixed feelings about the new earning structure. 

Most of my downloads are 0,10$. 

I have one download which i got 1,47$ 

Some 0,44$

And for my last download I got 9$. I was shocked when I saw it yesterday. 

I'm level 1 and my main is uploading photos. I've never got more than 1,88$ for downloaded photo before structure changes. May be this was a pure luck.

I hope for more of these downloads for all.