New earnings structure for Contributors

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In an email that is going out today, we are announcing that we will be updating the earnings structure that determines how much you get paid when customers license your work. We are making this adjust

This is just a joke. 10 years with SS and now I'll be getting 20% commission on my footage clips??? No lifetime sales tier, just what you sold last year/this year.... To get to the curr

This space will be updated to address frequently asked questions.  My email shows different counts for videos than are shown above. Which is correct? Apologies. The email to video contributo

Posted Images

6 hours ago, Pure Sight lab said:

They turned on my portfolio without my permission! Guys CHECK YOUR ACCOUNTS you have to repeat turning off each 30 days now! Scam

Clipboard02.png

the increase of revenue is that they take the money FROM US. not from the buyer.. AND THEY can not attract MORE Buyer. and if we choose to get out they will loose that increase money source.. however, many of NEW uploaded image are still on the go.. and they have thousands of new image each day... 

they knew that many of cotributor will eventually pause the account like you did there. also they knew if some will got out. however many will stay and many will enter as new.

and the less contributor, they will focus on that. meaning less maintenence.. equals more money.. for them..

its not a matter of the buyer will have millions of image to choose from. its a matter of giving them the image. suitable or not.

imagine how in the world the buyer choose all thousand of image with the same keywords. also with almost the same object and theme. with short given time. so, less image will mean the buyer will have less option and buy the image they see it as quite the fit in that given time.

if buyer want more greater image, this means the buyer is very perfectionist, of professionally paid to, the can buy them from photographer or other at more expensive site.. they know this. by entering SS the will get that low to medicore product. even many are very good but searching it takes too long. 

so if our image or video is as good as we say, we can close our account sell them on other microstock company. this way other microstock will bloom because not have other competition of the same image with cheaper price.

but if the image is not as good, and we know it, when we just walk around the city and take pictures and upload almost all of them in SS. or when we do logo designs competition and loose, and upload the losing designs here. then almost free is the choise to stay.

for the record, many of FREE image with ALL you can do with that image stock website are also in the bloom. so how we can compete in this swirls of tornado of microstock?

we create unique quality image and video and sells them elsewhere.

Interesting experience for me. I disabled my portfolio at the end of May - so SS never got to pay me the lucrative 10¢. In June, my sales elsewhere was stable. In July... my sales elsewhere dropped like a rock. Interesting that this would happen as I significantly increased all portfolios (other than SS) in June and July.

5 hours ago, Evgeny Drablenkov said:

I have 0,26 $ and 0,34 $ for the one video clip on 2nd Level.
And this is insane!

Yes, those are extremely insulting. It's some sort of integration with the Projector platform and Microsoft ads. Hopefully those are streaming licenses only. The good news is that they appear to be on top of the regular sales. Some folks have reported getting 40 of these in a single day. There were threads about these, can't find them anymore now.

8 hours ago, GregDPhotos said:

Interesting experience for me. I disabled my portfolio at the end of May - so SS never got to pay me the lucrative 10¢. In June, my sales elsewhere was stable. In July... my sales elsewhere dropped like a rock. Interesting that this would happen as I significantly increased all portfolios (other than SS) in June and July.

The same story. Looks like stock owners collusion. So cost reduction started on SS, was planned on other stocks also.

People, who has disabled sales, hang on there. It's important.

I sent a message to support asking them to close my account permanently, since I still have sales showing up over two months after disabling my account. I got a response with a link to close the account, but the link is cut off in the email, so it doesn't work. Does anyone know how to permanently delete my account here?

2 hours ago, Elena Umyskova said:

The same story. Looks like stock owners collusion. So cost reduction started on SS, was planned on other stocks also.

People, who has disabled sales, hang on there. It's important.

Possibly. 4 days into this month, and my trend is even worse than last. "Somethin' ain't right." 😏

On 8/3/2020 at 1:22 AM, Milo J said:

Personally, I don't subscribe to the notion that customers will go hunt around for certain images on other agencies. There's too much out there in pretty much every category. Also, different images sell well at different agencies. If you delete a pic that was selling well over here, that doesn't necessarily mean it will become a bestseller somewhere else.

I understand the frustration, and loss of motivation to upload new content here. But killing an existing port - I'm just not sure that will result in higher sales of those images elsewhere.

I see many people  still don't understand or recognize that most of the 0.10 cent royalties come from images given for free. So, deleting such images makes sense, because the customers like but receive them for free through shutterstock. I am sure other agencies do similar things, but most of them don't give ridiculous 0.10 cents, or at least their RPD is higher. 

Edited by baypinar
grammar
11 hours ago, baypinar said:

I see many people  still don't understand or recognize that most of the 0.10 cent royalties come from images given for free. So, deleting such images makes sense, because the customers like them but they receive it for free through shutterstock. I am sure other agencies do similar things, but most of them don't give ridiculous 0.10 cents, or at least their RPD is higher. 

Thanks for pointing this out. I'm deleting another free image today.

Moved on, we tested July to see what happened but we sold a whopping 38dls in video after dedicating a couple of years into the port... previous months we were doing standard 200 o 300 dls, that is fairly ok but 38 is just unsustainable... opted out... 

We want the Hasselblad DJI Mavic 2 for better aerial and video quality but at this pace we would need 42 months to buy one... so how do they expect for us to produce better quality, maybe they think we are millionaires like them hehe.

So, hello blackbox and adobestock :)

Are you kidding me? I had brain surgery 6 months ago, then all of the craziness of COVID-19 and for the first time in my life I wasn't checking my earnings. I saw that they were low, but that's about it. I just noticed that I'm getting 10¢ per download instead of 36¢.

I was confused and figured it was a mistake until I saw this announcement. What a joke.

That's a 72% pay cut. 

I have told everyone I know how great Shutterstock is. To contribute. To subscribe. To be a part of this company. I've been a contributor for 14 years and this is the thanks I get?

Awful, horrible, terrible. And complete bullshit. 

On 8/3/2020 at 7:10 AM, Tony ALS said:

I don't expect anything to improve either. New contributors might believe $0.10 is normal. As has been said here before, a race to the bottom.

The answer is simple .... delete your images.