Kate Shutterstock

New earnings structure for Contributors

20 hours ago, Yana Lesnik said:

Have a look on this report) SS pocket should be really really heavy now 🤑 🙂

123.jpg

The interesting statistic is really the 6% decline in paid downloads. I see more and more Unsplash photos around and believe this will get worse so that eventually contributors will receive less and less as microstock struggles to cope with the glut.

11 minutes ago, paula french said:

Nagyon félrevezető volt a DT vonatkozásában - júniusban a szokásosnál többet adtam el, és NEM NEM kaptam 10% -ot külön - e-mailt küldtem, és alapvetően azt mondták, hogy valamilyen okból nem vagyok jogosult - nem tudom, miért !! Mondtam nekik, hogy félrevezető közreműködők, de erre nem válaszoltak igazán!

Did you fill out a tax form? If I remember correctly, if it is missing then there may be discrepancies.

30 minutes ago, paula french said:

That was very misleading on DT - I sold more than normal in June - and DID NOT receive 10% extra - I emailed and basically was told I wasn't eligible for some reason - i don't why why!!     I told them that it was misleading contributors but they didn't really reply to that!

Hmmm...odd.....nothing to do with quantity sold. All my downloads automatically got paid extra - $2 sales stopped, and $2.20 sales appeared. Would be interested in their response....

33 minutes ago, paula french said:

That was very misleading on DT - I sold more than normal in June - and DID NOT receive 10% extra - I emailed and basically was told I wasn't eligible for some reason - i don't why why!!     I told them that it was misleading contributors but they didn't really reply to that!

the 10% extra only for new customer subscription plan. Therefore you will get some with 10%, some without 10% extra - I had the same question and got such reply.

I am a contributor from Italy, I have always privileged to upload my photos first on SS than on other online archives, 
both in terms of sales and revenues. After this ingenious thought, my earnings have decreased by three times ... 
I do not cancel my existing portfolio, it would be wasted further time, but I do not intend to upload new (and good) contents. 
I will load them on those of the competitors, which seems to me already more fierce....(and cheered by the suicide of SS) 
I believe that SS will lose many pro-contributors and a market segment, in exchange for some gains at the beginning.
Garbage royalties means garbage content. I refuse to put quality content on here at these rates. 
Good competition to GI without us...

image.png.f406d13164dd816058860c895aedcd16.png

Risultato web con link ai siti

Il servizio gratuito di Google traduce all'istante parole, frasi e pagine web tra l'italiano e più di 100 altre lingue.

Google Translate

Il servizio gratuito di Google traduce all'istante parole, frasi e ...
Reverso.net: Traduzione online in inglese, francese, spagnolo, tedesco, portoghese, russo.

(Italiano, Inglese, Francese, Tedesco, Spagnolo, Portoghese, Olandese, Polacco, Russo, Giapponese, Cinese) Combinazioni più richieste su DeepL Traduttore ...

Le persone hanno chiesto anche

Come si dice in inglese villa?

Come si dice in inglese Panorama?

Come tradurre app in italiano?

Come tradurre un messaggio vocale in inglese?

Non sei soddisfatto di Google Traduttore? Prova il servizio gratuito di Traduttore.it: puoi tradurre in tempo reale qualunque parola o testo straniero in italiano e ...

Traduzione del testo: traduci tra 103 lingue digitando • Tocca per tradurre: copia il testo desiderato in qualsiasi app e tocca l'icona di Google Traduttore per ...
Valutazione: 4,5 - ‎7.248.921 voti - ‎Gratis - ‎Android - ‎Utility/Strumenti

DISPOSITIVI MOBILI; OFFLINE; COMPUTER DESKTOP. Il tuo traduttore personale. L'app Traduttore è come un interprete personale sempre a portata di mano.

... di questo tipo permette di capire un testo in lingua straniera, ma è raramente accurata ed affidabile e in nessun caso può sostituire il lavoro di un traduttore.

Traduttore online gratuito che supporta le 19 lingue più diffuse su internet, arricchito da definizoni di dizionario, pronuncia, sinonimi ed esempi.

traduttore - Traduzione del vocabolo e dei suoi composti, e discussioni del forum.

Navigazione nelle pagine

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Avanti

Link piè di pagina

Italia
Castelnuovo Don Bosco, Provincia di Asti - In base alla tua attività passata - Utiliz

On 7/28/2020 at 12:44 PM, Giambattista Lazazzera said:

From June 1st to today I have exceeded 100 downloads. I should now be at level 2. Why are my photos still getting paid 10 cents?

Don't worry...Me at level 3 gain 10 cent, after 500 dl and now at level 4, gain 11-12 cent. Che figata!!!!

On 7/28/2020 at 11:44 AM, Giambattista Lazazzera said:

From June 1st to today I have exceeded 100 downloads. I should now be at level 2. Why are my photos still getting paid 10 cents?

I had this same issue. The move to the next level is based on the number of sales you make this calendar year. So although I had a total of 250 lifetime sales by June 2020 (joined July 2019), I only had 160 sales in 2020. If I go over 250 sales before December this year, then I will move to level 3... and then reset to level 1 Jan 1 2021.

Hey guys! I'm level 6
And most of the sales are $0.10
So the level system is a fake from Shutterstock

hqdefault.jpg.1965cd6ef23c65af7772629923179a3e.jpg

Drop 40% with the same sales

7 hours ago, paula french said:

It only applies to newly sold sub plans from June 1. If a buyer downloads an image with an old plan you only get the old 0.35$. That was indeed communicated in a misleading way.

21 hours ago, paula french said:

As far as I understand, they pay 0.38 for subs subscribed after June 1st, for the previous 0.35. In fact, I have mixed sales, some 0.38 others 0.35

Just started an account with SS few days ago and had my 1st sakes today.. can’t figure out why I have only 9 dollars out of 79 until I saw the table minutes ago.. what a joke! 🤮

On 7/30/2020 at 5:31 PM, Luigi Bertello said:

I am a contributor from Italy, I have always privileged to upload my photos first on SS than on other online archives, 
both in terms of sales and revenues. After this ingenious thought, my earnings have decreased by three times ... 
I do not cancel my existing portfolio, it would be wasted further time, but I do not intend to upload new (and good) contents. 
I will load them on those of the competitors, which seems to me already more fierce....(and cheered by the suicide of SS) 
I believe that SS will lose many pro-contributors and a market segment, in exchange for some gains at the beginning.
Garbage royalties means garbage content. I refuse to put quality content on here at these rates. 

Good competition to GI without us...

Thanks for letting us all know about your intentions.

Still, what's with the long spam text?

My monthly statistics for July 2020 are ready.

shutterstock:

Although I haven't uploaded a single image since June 1st, 2020 and I had deleted an additional 10% of my images - and despite Corona I had 7% more downloads in July 2020 - compared to July 2019. This plus of downloads brought me a loss of income of minus 29% compared to July 2019, even though I would have to get 5% more commission through level 5, because now I get 35% - at the old highest level it was only 30%.

As shutterstock wrote: "...and reward performance with greater earnings potential".
So: I performed better than in 2019, because I had more downloads. But where are the "greater earnings", Kate? Where does the 29% loss of revenue come from?

In July 2020 I had
117 subs for $0.10
The average income for all subs together is $0.22. This is a minus of 42% for the subs - despite an improved ranking. Since there are hardly any ODs, Enhanced and SODs left, this simply cannot be compensated.

By the way, in July I earned 27% more at AS than at shutterstock. And this even though I didn't have any Enhanced or SOD on AS.

On 5/26/2020 at 4:54 PM, SmallWorldProduction said:

The fact that you guys try to sell this as a good thing to us is incredibly funny😂 Why would someone get reseted every January?! How does that make any sense despite the fact that you Guys get more money at the beginning of the year?! We instead will get less money for the same amount of work we put into a piece of content. You could have at least put Video and Photo together but yet you continue to make our lifes harder even in times of a global pandemic.

Well said It seems like a ridiculous & brutal industry made worse by these tech people. Photography & design is a REAL no worker protection 'I'm alright jack you can starve' type of industry. That's why I got out of it back in the 90's. What won't help is other areas of this industry that isn't stock will probably be pleased because they hated the new digital stock industry because it is a threat to their lively hoods.

yesterday, i have no chose have to buy the footage from SS. i bought the 10 video pack cost me USD669 +6% tax.

which is mean SS will get 668USD from the 10 contributor footage, and paid them 10cents for each contributor footage.

is that fair?

On 7/19/2020 at 2:52 AM, Cappelletti_pictures said:

They won´t because they´re are not cutting customer prices down just our earnings. Customers are running out of images here and have been looking over at competition because the same images keep popping up in search queries for years in shutter.

I think SS were not sure whether earnings reduction for contributors would go smooth. They needed to check it out before lowering their prices for the customers. Now, when they've seen that everything went cool – the contributors keep selling their images on SS and the microstock keeps growing – they know that they have enough room for dropping prices. And they will do it, just wait and see. And when they do it, other microstocks will have no choice but to cut prices too and, of course, the contributors' earnings as well.

1 hour ago, miquelito said:

Fucking greedy owners, no wonder Jon Oringer is a billionaire. I am deleting my account.

agree totally.it is completely wrong in a so called democracy which they call The USA. Great thing is D Trump doesn't like these tech tycoons so he could break these tech companies up, 

On 8/1/2020 at 9:16 PM, Tony ALS said:

Maybe, but then another $0.10 sale appeared so another image deleted🙄

So far, I deleted 14 images that are sold for 0.10. And meanwhile they sell elsewhere for 0.38, etc. 

On 7/31/2020 at 2:24 AM, Tony ALS said:

Coincidence? Sales have dried up since I started deleting images which have sold.

You deleted those pictures that were selling, and now they don't sell anymore? Amazing coincidence.