Kate Shutterstock

New earnings structure for Contributors

1 hour ago, stockphotofan1 said:

"Joined May 26" and you mention "American" thing in 2 out of your 3 posts, so I'd have to say you make me laugh too. :)

Cheers,

time served snobbery .........Excellent we are all laughing....... cheers

On 6/24/2020 at 3:37 PM, Natwood said:

I agree that Adobe is a richer company and has a better plan, but if SS starts dropping the prices for images then Adobe Stock, and all other microstocks as well, will be affected a lot. And the contributors will be affected the most.

They won´t because they´re are not cutting customer prices down just our earnings. Customers are running out of images here and have been looking over at competition because the same images keep popping up in search queries for years in shutter.

Agreed, if we all start supporting stock agents that respect and reward the contributors better, and stop downloading on SS and the likes will mean that SS image pool will eventually dry out, forcing buyers to look elsewhere.

SS takes 70% of the sales amount (level 3) to manage and market our images/videos, and what's their big marketing idea? Give more of our work away for less in subscription plans. When are they going to learn that if its not profitable for contributors to produce work they will upload elsewhere or stop producing completely.

Already blocked my images since June ..... and will probably block my footage as well because these ridiculous prices will undercut my sales elsewhere.

ss.jpg

adobe.jpg.2018eec791330ba75b25268094dd295a.jpg

SS has become a complete waste of time.

1 hour ago, Philippe Clement said:

Already blocked my images since June ..... and will probably block my footage as well because these ridiculous prices will undercut my sales elsewhere.

SS has become a complete waste of time.

ss.jpg

adobe.jpg

Me too!! 

Considering I have been using Adobe software since a student in 1998... about time! LOL...

But I don't do video... so I cant get the full suite for free. I need InDesign, Acrobat Pro and Illustrator especially for other work I do too. But at least their stock income covers my subscription price. 

3 hours ago, Keith Tarrier said:

Me too!! 

Considering I have been using Adobe software since a student in 1998... about time! LOL...

But I don't do video... so I cant get the full suite for free. I need InDesign, Acrobat Pro and Illustrator especially for other work I do too. But at least their stock income covers my subscription price. 

You could try Affinity products instead of InDesign and Illustrator. You can buy the software and don't need to subscribe it. It's very cheap.

1 hour ago, Vlasto Opatovsky said:

Shuttherstock has a problem. Clients are missing images from deactivated portfolios. Today I received an email to upload a picture to the Shutter :-).

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Hi Vlasto,

I am sorry to bother you. I have received a request from a customer that currently has a print project ongoing and they really need the following image as they are about to start printing.
Would it be possible for you to add it to your Shutterstock account again? This would be much appreciated!
Please let me know your feedback and I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,

Name

Client Partner BENELUX + DACH

Shutterstock

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

So I wrote them that clients can buy my photos in other microstock agencies 🙂

Well done! Let Shutterstock bleed. 

You did the right thing by not adding that image back on your Shutterstock portfolo. I hope more and more agencies go elsewhere for their stock images.

Shutterstock is focused on appealing to their shareholders and trying to boost profits and share price. They shot themselves in the foot by drastically reducing payouts for their Contributors, who are what makes money for the company.

I agree, they committed a marketing suicide, and I'll watch them die with pure joy.

2 hours ago, Wilm Ihlenfeld said:

However, I am absolutely certain that shutterstock will catapult itself out of the market in the medium term.

Wise words Wilm. SS have taken a huge gamble by literally biting the hand that feeds them and it is unlikely to end well. 

Bueno, amigos empresarios, han sido malos, sabían, os había salido mal, habían perdido el negocio, han apostado a ser miserables para ganar dinero que no os pertenece.

El sudor de los trabajadores no es vuestro.

Ya está, parad, reflexionar, tenéis una oportunidad, todavía está a tiempo de resolverlo todo.

¿Cómo?

Pedir perdón a vuestros trabajadores por vuestra ambición y volver al sistema anterior, eso sí, con un aumento en el porcentaje de los beneficios de los colaboradores como castigo por todo lo que nos han hecho sufrir y perder.

Seguro que si hacéis eso todo puede volver al punto anterior a volver a locos de ambición.

Os perdonaríamos de corazón si viéramos vuestro arrepentimiento sincero.

Es vuestra última oportunidad.

I've decided like others to remove images once they have been downloaded and sold for the pathetic amount of $0.10. No point in undercutting yourself with the same images available with other agencies who pay more. I can't bring myself to delete everything as I like everyone spent time getting them onto the site in the first place. I don't have a huge amount on here but as my by best selling image just sold again for the 29th time I have removed it and a similar image. I hope the same image is now found elsewhere and I get paid a little more. I will abandon SS at the end of the year if nothing changes, which I hope is what the majority of contributors do, so that SS wake up to the mess they have created. I do feel for those who have built a business and rely on the income generated here. Seems other agencies do not have the reach of SS but that might change if the site loses thousands of contributors. Sad situation during these uncertain times.     

On 7/17/2020 at 8:52 PM, Nina B said:

Why am I still earning only 11 cents for many of my photos even though I have gone over the 100 download mark, into the next payment level?

11 cents? You are lucky! I get a lot of 10 cents sales and am on Level 4, allegedly.

On 7/18/2020 at 9:13 AM, GregDPhotos said:

Until level 6, 10¢ seems to be the norm. Be thankful for your 10% bonus.

And even at Level 6 you can only get 10, 11 or 13 cents from a sale from the largest (750 dl) subs package. Notalot compared with $0.38!

NickPic012 2020-07-21, 13_34_57.jpg

2 hours ago, stevemart said:

And even at Level 6 you can only get 10, 11 or 13 cents from a sale from the largest (750 dl) subs package. Notalot compared with $0.38!

NickPic012 2020-07-21, 13_34_57.jpg

And yet some sub payments at level 6 are higher than $.38 too..

Capture.JPG