Kate Shutterstock

New earnings structure for Contributors

I agree, they committed a marketing suicide, and I'll watch them die with pure joy.

2 hours ago, Wilm Ihlenfeld said:

However, I am absolutely certain that shutterstock will catapult itself out of the market in the medium term.

Wise words Wilm. SS have taken a huge gamble by literally biting the hand that feeds them and it is unlikely to end well. 

Bueno, amigos empresarios, han sido malos, sabían, os había salido mal, habían perdido el negocio, han apostado a ser miserables para ganar dinero que no os pertenece.

El sudor de los trabajadores no es vuestro.

Ya está, parad, reflexionar, tenéis una oportunidad, todavía está a tiempo de resolverlo todo.

¿Cómo?

Pedir perdón a vuestros trabajadores por vuestra ambición y volver al sistema anterior, eso sí, con un aumento en el porcentaje de los beneficios de los colaboradores como castigo por todo lo que nos han hecho sufrir y perder.

Seguro que si hacéis eso todo puede volver al punto anterior a volver a locos de ambición.

Os perdonaríamos de corazón si viéramos vuestro arrepentimiento sincero.

Es vuestra última oportunidad.

I've decided like others to remove images once they have been downloaded and sold for the pathetic amount of $0.10. No point in undercutting yourself with the same images available with other agencies who pay more. I can't bring myself to delete everything as I like everyone spent time getting them onto the site in the first place. I don't have a huge amount on here but as my by best selling image just sold again for the 29th time I have removed it and a similar image. I hope the same image is now found elsewhere and I get paid a little more. I will abandon SS at the end of the year if nothing changes, which I hope is what the majority of contributors do, so that SS wake up to the mess they have created. I do feel for those who have built a business and rely on the income generated here. Seems other agencies do not have the reach of SS but that might change if the site loses thousands of contributors. Sad situation during these uncertain times.     

On 7/17/2020 at 8:52 PM, Nina B said:

Why am I still earning only 11 cents for many of my photos even though I have gone over the 100 download mark, into the next payment level?

11 cents? You are lucky! I get a lot of 10 cents sales and am on Level 4, allegedly.

On 7/18/2020 at 9:13 AM, GregDPhotos said:

Until level 6, 10¢ seems to be the norm. Be thankful for your 10% bonus.

And even at Level 6 you can only get 10, 11 or 13 cents from a sale from the largest (750 dl) subs package. Notalot compared with $0.38!

NickPic012 2020-07-21, 13_34_57.jpg

2 hours ago, stevemart said:

And even at Level 6 you can only get 10, 11 or 13 cents from a sale from the largest (750 dl) subs package. Notalot compared with $0.38!

NickPic012 2020-07-21, 13_34_57.jpg

And yet some sub payments at level 6 are higher than $.38 too..

Capture.JPG

This is great news for Pond5 and Adobe!  I have a third of the downloads on Adobe and have made over 3 times what I have made here.  I have been shooting a lot of drone footage the past few months and was getting ready to start uploading it.  I don't think I can make enough here to pay for the gas it took to travel to the sites to shoot.  I won't be uploading anything here and trying to decide if I would be better off to take my work down instead of letting you give it away.  Very disappointed. No respect for the people that created your jobs.

I turned off my portfolio on SS in early June after viewing a few days of the dismal results.
Since then it seems my AS sales have increased a little bit but things at AL are different.
I haven't had any sales on AL since early September. In July I've had 4 sales for a net profit of $131.
That's a little bit better than .10¢ each. Not sure if one has to do with the other but just maybe.

BTW. If you're greyed out from posting here do the following.

Get to this page.
Disable Javascript.
Reload page.
Post.
Reenable Javascript.

Let's see how long this post remains!!!

BTW. I can't take credit for the work-around.

It seem strange to have to disable javascrip to send messages...

I have not completely turned off my portfolio but have no more uploaded images..
Sales on SS are decreasing.
Sales on other sites like AS, AL or DT seem to me stable, but it is difficult to establish how much it may depend by Codiv.
Probably some category of pictures may be more penalized respect others.

Don Landwehrle said BTW. If you're greyed out from posting here do the following.

Get to this page.
Disable Javascript.
Reload page.
Post.
Reenable Javascript.

Let's see how long this post remains!!! WELL DONE THAT MAN> I WAS GREYED OUT>

i am becoming weary of these paltry and insulting 10c earnings per download etc. I have no delusions of grandeur about my portfolio. Is it possible to disable without deleting my images. Is it possible to disable individual images without deleting. I quite simply want to keep my options open. Thanks

This integration makes it easy and fast to create high-performing ads with millions of fresh images, available for free in Microsoft Advertising.

https://www.shutterstock.com/blog/shutterstock-microsoft-integration

Bad news doesn't come alone

This is very funny..

https://share.getcloudapp.com/o0u8bmdx

https://share.getcloudapp.com/P8ubZy79