New earnings structure for Contributors

9 minutes ago, rasika108 said:

Итак, уважаемая команда Shutterstock, вот сделка: если мы согласимся мирно жить со всеми новыми ценами и т. Д., Готовы ли вы избавиться от бесполезных обозревателей, которые отвергают 95% -100% от каждого загруженного порта, заставляя нас тратить впустую потратить кучу времени, а затем следующий рецензент просто все утвердит без проблем? Сохраняйте хороших, тех, кто на самом деле отвергает то, что нужно, нужно отвергать и не тратьте время своих авторов.

Возможно добавьте кнопку, позволяющую вашим авторам оценивать рецензентов. Таким образом, вы точно будете знать, кого выгнать.

Я реалист, если это объявление вышло - у нас нет слов здесь. Только уход, потому что мы не более чем активы для вас ... Бизнес, что делать ... Но это самое меньшее, что вы можете сделать для нас. Когда люди работают на вас, самое меньшее, что вы можете сделать, это не кормить их sh @ ^, нанимая ленивых непрофессиональных людей, чтобы сделать их работу тяжелее, дольше и, как правило, более раздражающей.

You are absolutely right! I’m tired of loading high-quality photos several times because of moderators blind in one eye. That noise, then out of focus. This is some kind of mockery. And then someone takes everything adequate, but before that I go through 7 circles of hell.

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In an email that is going out today, we are announcing that we will be updating the earnings structure that determines how much you get paid when customers license your work. We are making this adjust

This is just a joke. 10 years with SS and now I'll be getting 20% commission on my footage clips??? No lifetime sales tier, just what you sold last year/this year.... To get to the curr

This space will be updated to address frequently asked questions.  My email shows different counts for videos than are shown above. Which is correct? Apologies. The email to video contributo

Posted Images

Uploading new photos now, not to Shutterstock, but other agencies.

I dont see the problem to encourage contributors to sell thru SS instead going all in with greed to make more money for yourself. Have seen the word disgusting several times in the forum and that what I feel also.

Hope you send another mail and revoke this, this will go downwards for you, faster than you think I believe.

Edited by Stefan Holm
Added I believe in the end

????Am I to understand that I lose licenses with every negative post?

Anyway, the new calculation model is a cheek!
Goodbye SS

1st e-mail:

As of now you’re in Level 2, which earns 20% per license.

See the table below for more information about each level and how they are structured.

135826.png

Video Levels

image_3.png

Total licenses for the year

135822.png

Pay rate

spacer.gif

Level 1

Level 2

Level 3

Level 4

Level 5

Level 6

<= 100

101 - 250

251 - 500

501 - 2,500

2,501 - 25,000

> 25,000

15%

20%

25%

30%

35%

40%

2nd e-mail:

As of now you’re in Level 2, which earns 20% per license.

See the table below for more information about each level and how they are structured.

135826.png

Video Levels

image_3.png

Correction: Total licenses for the year

135822.png

Pay rate

spacer.gif

Level 1

Level 2

Level 3

Level 4

Level 5

Level 6

<= 10

11 - 50

51 - 250

251 - 5,000

5,001 - 25,000

> 25,000

15%

20%

25%

30%

35%

40%

Its just been a hobby for me which makes me a bit of pocket change so the adjustments do not seriously matter, I'll just focus upon a different agency going forward. I do however feel very, very sorry for those who are dependent upon an income from SS, for you folk this is a terrible change and you really do have my deepest condolences. To foist such changes upon you at virtually no notice when the World is suffering from a viral pandemic is nothing short of disgraceful. Genuinely terrible. 

Now, the minimum earn per sale is 0.25 $, but many (especially long time) supporters earn over 0.3 $. From now on, it will be 0.1 $ and for a lot more sales of most contributors. That is 60% cut. That alone is unfair and disrespectful.

I am not even starting about the yearly reset and several months of big contributors getting rididiculously small amounts literally overnight...

1st of June my licensing options will be turned off!

We made roughly 100 000 U$ together and the big chunk is on your account. Well deserved as you provided all the technology ....

Now starting every year at zero or 15% is insane ...finacially it makes sense for you, but it is theft in my eyes and I am not interested in working with a company with such an attitude.

Very short sighted decision I believe. What is hot today is boring tomorrow. Wildlife, which is my main sunject ...especially underwater is and will always be hot. I started with SD, switched to HDV - full HD 4k and 8k is the next step ...unfortunately not with shutterstock anymore. After all this years ...since 2013 if I remeber correctly. 

Fortunately I am not only working with shutterstock and never accepted an exclusive deal. So I hope my sales with other platforms will increase. I surely will turn off my portfolio the 1st of June !

shutterstock 2.JPG

2 hours ago, Richard Whitcombe said:

Yet you wasted time to write that post.  Do you have unlimited LIFETIME?

it took me 5 seconds to write.. how long do you take to upload your images? well they look like 4 seconds work.

really do you need to ask more stupid questions?

i maybe waste 10 minutes here venting my anger.... but you and others are the clowns who keeps uploading stuff.

onkel tom behavior...

i don´t see you disabled your portfolio.... and as i said most here are just words but no action.

Shutterstock is in the verge of bankrupcy. Yeah. You think it is a coincidence? Founder went out, new CEO came in, and is doing all the cash sucking they can before the ship sinks. Unsustainable, yeah, but they are in panic mode and they are using our hard work to cut their losses as much as they can before they have to close the door. 

Just so it doesn't get buried I will keep posting it here and elsewhere. Spread the word:

I'm tired of being spit upon by all the different agencies. The only way to put a stop to this is if we band together. As of right now I am creating the Stock Submitters Coalition. It is and will always be free to join. My hope is that we can get enough contributors on board that the companies have to take us seriously when we bring issues to them. The first step is to get an idea of how many people would join such a coalition. I have created a form. If you are interested in putting more control back into the hands of contributors please sign the form. Also share it in every forum and social media outlet you can think of to make its presence known. https://forms.gle/zrq3RswRpYsu6jmq6

this is some kind of mockery! we've been earning our levels for years! and now from the beginning of the year all over again? I am interested to see those who will have time to reach level 6 in a year !!

and it is also interesting, this will affect our earnings, and the site itself will receive more! only the photographer is deprived! ""this is very good news, it just made me want to work even more" " not funny!