Jump to content
Kate Shutterstock

New earnings structure for Contributors

Recommended Posts

Only selling at 10c now, not uploading anymore, I will leave my account open and move on. Its an American thing "Head west young man and seek your fortune" unfortunatley if you don't stop you eventually end up in the east!

Where's a decent hacker when you need one !!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Rob Lavers LRPS said:

Well this is weird, I haven’t uploaded since the end of May and was waiting for my next payment threshold before doing anything about my portfolio, and June earnings were dire with no downloads for a record 3 weeks; however this month is already best ever and we are only half way through. Over the last year I noticed ODs declining so almost all downloads were subs but that has suddenly changed with as many ODs as subs this month. They vary in price too, whereas before I would get $1.88 they now vary between $1.42 and $2.70 which averages out about the same as the old rate. It will be interesting to see if this is an anomaly or a new pattern although I still resent the 10c subs.

Me too...but opposite months.  June was Great... my subs went from about 70% of my downloads to only 35%.

From July 1st sales DIED! halfway through July and Have 60 downloads... and sales down 80% of value.

July is looking to be my worst month ever in almost a decade... back when I had 400 things in my portfolio. 
 

Crazy situation... but see how it goes. Need a few months to see if it evens out... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tawrat Ferdousi Branding said:

Estoy cansado de no ver ninguna venta en Adobe Stock y otras agencias. Sin ofender. 

Como decimos en España, Demasiado pan para tan poco chorizo. (Y esto es sólo el principio)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Rob Lavers LRPS said:

Well this is weird, I haven’t uploaded since the end of May and was waiting for my next payment threshold before doing anything about my portfolio, and June earnings were dire with no downloads for a record 3 weeks; however this month is already best ever and we are only half way through. Over the last year I noticed ODs declining so almost all downloads were subs but that has suddenly changed with as many ODs as subs this month. They vary in price too, whereas before I would get $1.88 they now vary between $1.42 and $2.70 which averages out about the same as the old rate. It will be interesting to see if this is an anomaly or a new pattern although I still resent the 10c subs.

I think that is just statistical variations. I had nearly only subs this month.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At first they made a vector loading form, in which it became impossible to load complex works, now this pricing policy ... I want to know what kind of idiot manages these processes? Do companies need money?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/11/2020 at 9:15 AM, Naveen Kumar Chapidi said:

While every contributor is worrying about new pay structure, this guy fooling his subscribers just because he got one enhanced sale.

You can find his behaviour from his recent YouTube videos

This greedy guy with no sense of integrity and ethics is making an example through which people all over the world are thinking Indians are happy with this low pay structure of SS. But the reality is he captures poor images with bridge camera (no investment at all). Any photographer with quality gears and investment won't praise SS at this moment

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What I'm confused about is how do you level up? I have over 100 image downloads so far this year (since Jan), so shouldn't that mean I should be in level two? How do I know when I level up? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mis ventas  Adobe Stock suplen  a las SS , estoy borrando mi cartera foto a foto

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Abir Bhattacharya said:

This greedy guy with no sense of integrity and ethics is making an example through which people all over the world are thinking Indians are happy with this low pay structure of SS. But the reality is he captures poor images with bridge camera (no investment at all). Any photographer with quality gears and investment won't praise SS at this moment

 

 

lol. Sour grapes and photo snobbery..

Cheers,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, stockphotofan1 said:

to make it about race

I was under the impression that "Indian" refers to the citizen of India... Like French, citizens of France, Canadian, citizens of Canada, etc. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Heide Pinkall said:

I start to like the new earnings structure... 0,1 $ and similars are depressing, but got a SOD for 62,78 $ today 🙂

SOD is NOT part of the new earnings structure. A random SOD will not balance those 0.1 $ dls out. Furthermore the rate for SOD is getting lower and lower, rare and rare. I had one SOD over 100$ years ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shutterstock is a microstock company that has become an insignificant institution for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why am I still earning only 11 cents for many of my photos even though I have gone over the 100 download mark, into the next payment level?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I earn more from the money I get from Shutterstock by selling my 35-year-old photos in print.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Nina B said:

Why am I still earning only 11 cents for many of my photos even though I have gone over the 100 download mark, into the next payment level?

Because you will be get it all time, 0,11$. Ranking system is a fake 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Nina B said:

Why am I still earning only 11 cents for many of my photos even though I have gone over the 100 download mark, into the next payment level?

Until level 6, 10¢ seems to be the norm. Be thankful for your 10% bonus.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/17/2020 at 4:24 PM, stockphotofan1 said:

 

lol. Sour grapes and photo snobbery..

Cheers,

Hahahahahahahah you americans make me laugh...................... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Benthemouse said:

Hahahahahahahah you americans make me laugh...................... 

 

"Joined May 26" and you mention "American" thing in 2 out of your 3 posts, so I'd have to say you make me laugh too. :)

Cheers,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...