Kate Shutterstock

New earnings structure for Contributors

4 hours ago, Abir Bhattacharya said:

This greedy guy with no sense of integrity and ethics is making an example through which people all over the world are thinking Indians are happy with this low pay structure of SS. But the reality is he captures poor images with bridge camera (no investment at all). Any photographer with quality gears and investment won't praise SS at this moment

lol. Sour grapes and photo snobbery..

Cheers,

9 minutes ago, stockphotofan1 said:

to make it about race

I was under the impression that "Indian" refers to the citizen of India... Like French, citizens of France, Canadian, citizens of Canada, etc. 

39 minutes ago, Heide Pinkall said:

I start to like the new earnings structure... 0,1 $ and similars are depressing, but got a SOD for 62,78 $ today 🙂

SOD is NOT part of the new earnings structure. A random SOD will not balance those 0.1 $ dls out. Furthermore the rate for SOD is getting lower and lower, rare and rare. I had one SOD over 100$ years ago.

Shutterstock is a microstock company that has become an insignificant institution for me.

Why am I still earning only 11 cents for many of my photos even though I have gone over the 100 download mark, into the next payment level?

I earn more from the money I get from Shutterstock by selling my 35-year-old photos in print.

7 minutes ago, Nina B said:

Why am I still earning only 11 cents for many of my photos even though I have gone over the 100 download mark, into the next payment level?

Because you will be get it all time, 0,11$. Ranking system is a fake 

11 hours ago, Nina B said:

Until level 6, 10¢ seems to be the norm. Be thankful for your 10% bonus.

On 7/17/2020 at 4:24 PM, stockphotofan1 said:

lol. Sour grapes and photo snobbery..

Cheers,

Hahahahahahahah you americans make me laugh...................... 

40 minutes ago, Benthemouse said:

Hahahahahahahah you americans make me laugh...................... 

"Joined May 26" and you mention "American" thing in 2 out of your 3 posts, so I'd have to say you make me laugh too. :)

Cheers,

1 hour ago, stockphotofan1 said:

"Joined May 26" and you mention "American" thing in 2 out of your 3 posts, so I'd have to say you make me laugh too. :)

Cheers,

time served snobbery .........Excellent we are all laughing....... cheers

On 6/24/2020 at 3:37 PM, Natwood said:

I agree that Adobe is a richer company and has a better plan, but if SS starts dropping the prices for images then Adobe Stock, and all other microstocks as well, will be affected a lot. And the contributors will be affected the most.

They won´t because they´re are not cutting customer prices down just our earnings. Customers are running out of images here and have been looking over at competition because the same images keep popping up in search queries for years in shutter.

Agreed, if we all start supporting stock agents that respect and reward the contributors better, and stop downloading on SS and the likes will mean that SS image pool will eventually dry out, forcing buyers to look elsewhere.

SS takes 70% of the sales amount (level 3) to manage and market our images/videos, and what's their big marketing idea? Give more of our work away for less in subscription plans. When are they going to learn that if its not profitable for contributors to produce work they will upload elsewhere or stop producing completely.

Already blocked my images since June ..... and will probably block my footage as well because these ridiculous prices will undercut my sales elsewhere.

ss.jpg

adobe.jpg.2018eec791330ba75b25268094dd295a.jpg

SS has become a complete waste of time.

1 hour ago, Philippe Clement said:

Already blocked my images since June ..... and will probably block my footage as well because these ridiculous prices will undercut my sales elsewhere.

SS has become a complete waste of time.

ss.jpg

adobe.jpg

Me too!! 

Considering I have been using Adobe software since a student in 1998... about time! LOL...

But I don't do video... so I cant get the full suite for free. I need InDesign, Acrobat Pro and Illustrator especially for other work I do too. But at least their stock income covers my subscription price. 

3 hours ago, Keith Tarrier said:

Me too!! 

Considering I have been using Adobe software since a student in 1998... about time! LOL...

But I don't do video... so I cant get the full suite for free. I need InDesign, Acrobat Pro and Illustrator especially for other work I do too. But at least their stock income covers my subscription price. 

You could try Affinity products instead of InDesign and Illustrator. You can buy the software and don't need to subscribe it. It's very cheap.

1 hour ago, Vlasto Opatovsky said:

Shuttherstock has a problem. Clients are missing images from deactivated portfolios. Today I received an email to upload a picture to the Shutter :-).

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Hi Vlasto,

I am sorry to bother you. I have received a request from a customer that currently has a print project ongoing and they really need the following image as they are about to start printing.
Would it be possible for you to add it to your Shutterstock account again? This would be much appreciated!
Please let me know your feedback and I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,

Name

Client Partner BENELUX + DACH

Shutterstock

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

So I wrote them that clients can buy my photos in other microstock agencies 🙂

Well done! Let Shutterstock bleed. 

You did the right thing by not adding that image back on your Shutterstock portfolo. I hope more and more agencies go elsewhere for their stock images.

Shutterstock is focused on appealing to their shareholders and trying to boost profits and share price. They shot themselves in the foot by drastically reducing payouts for their Contributors, who are what makes money for the company.