Kate Shutterstock

New earnings structure for Contributors

Shutterstock is loosing on new content!

Finally a strong indicator which direction Shutterstock is going. Only 578,126 new images were added last week. A few days ago it was still 890,000. That is over 300,000 images less within only one week. 

6 hours ago, Tom Grundy said:

I found this rich.

I think if SS worked on new better payments (like more than .10 to .30 for sales) I might be much more motivated.

sssubmit.JPG

Tom, you should upload a screen shot of you latest work on the Adobe Page! Classic!

17 hours ago, RoJo Images said:

You can go in and disable your sales by yourself until SS gets around to closing your account...see post above this one to see how to.  You can also delete your files manually one by one if you wish.

I did that 2 weeks ago, but still no reations from SS

It looks like "disable portfolio' action faild. A few days ago there was below 320 now there is about 327 million pictures. Which is not a bad news. Disabling porfolio only transffers money from you to your competitor and as that competitor gets more money he is thinking new payment structure is a good idea. Fortunatly not so many people disabled potfolio so impact on competitor will not be that high. More important is number of new pictures. If people will see that new images are not sold at all (and bigger database makes it harder to sell so disabling profolio is not good idea) or only for 10ct they will probably stop adding new pictures. And without new pictures SS will slowly start loosing customers. But i think that process will be very slow and also could be ease manipulated. There is no date of adding new pictures so SS will just once a day change search logic and every day you will see something else on first page so customer will think new pictures were added. It will work for non-editorials, not so good for editorials. But at the end customer will notice lack of new images and will find stock with new content. And fewer customers means even less money for contributor and probably next action with lower price to stop loosing customers. I think era of microstock is at the end and it is a good time to find a new direction of our creativity. Cheers.

Well this is weird, I haven’t uploaded since the end of May and was waiting for my next payment threshold before doing anything about my portfolio, and June earnings were dire with no downloads for a record 3 weeks; however this month is already best ever and we are only half way through. Over the last year I noticed ODs declining so almost all downloads were subs but that has suddenly changed with as many ODs as subs this month. They vary in price too, whereas before I would get $1.88 they now vary between $1.42 and $2.70 which averages out about the same as the old rate. It will be interesting to see if this is an anomaly or a new pattern although I still resent the 10c subs.

Only selling at 10c now, not uploading anymore, I will leave my account open and move on. Its an American thing "Head west young man and seek your fortune" unfortunatley if you don't stop you eventually end up in the east!

Where's a decent hacker when you need one !!

18 hours ago, Rob Lavers LRPS said:

Well this is weird, I haven’t uploaded since the end of May and was waiting for my next payment threshold before doing anything about my portfolio, and June earnings were dire with no downloads for a record 3 weeks; however this month is already best ever and we are only half way through. Over the last year I noticed ODs declining so almost all downloads were subs but that has suddenly changed with as many ODs as subs this month. They vary in price too, whereas before I would get $1.88 they now vary between $1.42 and $2.70 which averages out about the same as the old rate. It will be interesting to see if this is an anomaly or a new pattern although I still resent the 10c subs.

Me too...but opposite months.  June was Great... my subs went from about 70% of my downloads to only 35%.

From July 1st sales DIED! halfway through July and Have 60 downloads... and sales down 80% of value.

July is looking to be my worst month ever in almost a decade... back when I had 400 things in my portfolio. 

Crazy situation... but see how it goes. Need a few months to see if it evens out... 

1 hour ago, Tawrat Ferdousi Branding said:

Estoy cansado de no ver ninguna venta en Adobe Stock y otras agencias. Sin ofender. 

Como decimos en España, Demasiado pan para tan poco chorizo. (Y esto es sólo el principio)

22 hours ago, Rob Lavers LRPS said:

I think that is just statistical variations. I had nearly only subs this month.

At first they made a vector loading form, in which it became impossible to load complex works, now this pricing policy ... I want to know what kind of idiot manages these processes? Do companies need money?

On 7/11/2020 at 9:15 AM, Naveen Kumar Chapidi said:

While every contributor is worrying about new pay structure, this guy fooling his subscribers just because he got one enhanced sale.

You can find his behaviour from his recent YouTube videos

This greedy guy with no sense of integrity and ethics is making an example through which people all over the world are thinking Indians are happy with this low pay structure of SS. But the reality is he captures poor images with bridge camera (no investment at all). Any photographer with quality gears and investment won't praise SS at this moment

What I'm confused about is how do you level up? I have over 100 image downloads so far this year (since Jan), so shouldn't that mean I should be in level two? How do I know when I level up? 

Mis ventas  Adobe Stock suplen  a las SS , estoy borrando mi cartera foto a foto

4 hours ago, Abir Bhattacharya said:

This greedy guy with no sense of integrity and ethics is making an example through which people all over the world are thinking Indians are happy with this low pay structure of SS. But the reality is he captures poor images with bridge camera (no investment at all). Any photographer with quality gears and investment won't praise SS at this moment

lol. Sour grapes and photo snobbery..

Cheers,