New earnings structure for Contributors

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In an email that is going out today, we are announcing that we will be updating the earnings structure that determines how much you get paid when customers license your work. We are making this adjust

This is just a joke. 10 years with SS and now I'll be getting 20% commission on my footage clips??? No lifetime sales tier, just what you sold last year/this year.... To get to the curr

This space will be updated to address frequently asked questions.  My email shows different counts for videos than are shown above. Which is correct? Apologies. The email to video contributo

Posted Images

14 hours ago, John S. Reid said:

You need to have the minimum payout available before closing out your account. you can change it to the lowest of $35. I had over the minimum and closed out my portfolio and got my payment the next pay cycle.

No, I have to get more than $1 and contact them at privacy@shutterstock.com. That's what is said in the help article: https://www.shutterstock.com/contributorsupport/articles/en_US/kbat02/How-do-I-deactivatedelete-my-contributor-account. All I could get from them is vague answers from SS helpers about SS staff being busy with the pandemic and new earning structure situation. Unfortunately, I have not reached the minimum payout, so I can not get it in usual way, as I removed my portfolio from sales in the early june. It's not a big money really, I just want to get what is mine and set off, it's a matter of principle. 🤠

image.png.32605bcff0d6270654630e5498dc15d0.png 

This has been in place, and now I find that I mostly am paid $.10, even for my best selling image.  Why should I feel good about this change?  Seems like and I have more than 6,000 approved images?  I am not a beginner.  SS, I think this decision should be revisited - the contributor fee schedule!!!

3 hours ago, Thomas Barrat said:

This has been in place, and now I find that I mostly am paid $.10, even for my best selling image.  Why should I feel good about this change?  Seems like and I have more than 6,000 approved images?  I am not a beginner.  SS, I think this decision should be revisited - the contributor fee schedule!!!

I just looked at your portfolio and you have many beautiful photos of so many amazing places.  Selling them on SS for .10 is a total crime.

I've send 6 emails (privacy@shutterstock.com) to Shutterstock to stop my account and pay out the outstanding amount but they do NOT answer or take action. What the Fuck do I have to do to stop and remove my account? Getting payed $0.10 for a work of art is Theft!!!

I think I get why that subscription sale for $43 appeared. It was just below my payout amount - so the only way I could get a payout for it, would be too re-enable my images.

Or simply lower my payout amount - which is what I did.

Did anybody else get this kind of high value sale? Am I just creating conspiracies in my head?

18 hours ago, Paul Shark said:

its SO SAD seeing so many contributors complaining about the new earning structure and they still have their images online!What are they waiting for ? that SS will feel sorry about it?

Not everyone is in the lucky position to delete their portfolio just like that. Let everyone cope with this problem in the time frame that suits them best. I have to think of a way to generate more income besides this, which isn't easy considering my age.

7 hours ago, Gert Hilbink said:

Я отправил 6 электронных писем (privacy@shutterstock.com) в Shutterstock, чтобы остановить мою учетную запись и выплатить оставшуюся сумму, но они НЕ отвечают и не предпринимают никаких действий. Какого черта я должен сделать, чтобы остановить и удалить мою учетную запись? Получение $ 0,10 за произведение искусства - это кража !!!

shutterstock_account_settings_license_op

7 hours ago, Gert Hilbink said:

I've send 6 emails (privacy@shutterstock.com) to Shutterstock to stop my account and pay out the outstanding amount but they do NOT answer or take action. What the Fuck do I have to do to stop and remove my account? Getting payed $0.10 for a work of art is Theft!!!

You can go in and disable your sales by yourself until SS gets around to closing your account...see post above this one to see how to.  You can also delete your files manually one by one if you wish.

2 hours ago, Anita Ponne said:

Not everyone is in the lucky position to delete their portfolio just like that. Let everyone cope with this problem in the time frame that suits them best. I have to think of a way to generate more income besides this, which isn't easy considering my age.

From the time that someone accept's SS new earning structure (And continuous selling content) why complaining?

Not easy for no one take actions like these and disable his gallery.

So today I received an email from Shutterstock, who have noticed that I’ve stopped uploading content to their platform. 

They say they’d like to see my newest content. I’d like them to stop pretending that it’s great for us contributors if they get to keep up to 85% of royalties from every sale & 100% of income from unused downloads on their massive new plans. 

So they have time to send out emails asking for new content, but don’t have the time to update the FAQs in their most read forum thread ever? Updates promised frequently, but none made since it was posted at the end of May?

Way to go in showing respect for all contributors...

4661F5CB-4E01-46ED-A010-B968B3573FC1.jpeg

47 minutes ago, Christina Hemsley said:

So today I received an email from Shutterstock, who have noticed that I’ve stopped uploading content to their platform. 

They say they’d like to see my newest content. I’d like them to stop pretending that it’s great for us contributors if they get to keep up to 85% of royalties from every sale & 100% of income from unused downloads on their massive new plans. 

So they have time to send out emails asking for new content, but don’t have the time to update the FAQs in their most read forum thread ever? Updates promised frequently, but none made since it was posted at the end of May?

Way to go in showing respect for all contributors...

4661F5CB-4E01-46ED-A010-B968B3573FC1.jpeg

You could always send Shutterstock the link where to see you latest work. :)