Kate Shutterstock

New earnings structure for Contributors

Sales disabled here as of today. I was going to give it a little longer but after reading the other users responses and experiences, it seems as though SS is now a third world image provider and point of sales. What little I'll lose in sales here are already being made up elsewhere. From #1 to the dumpster in less than 2 months. I don't even list them on my web site now.

Lot of complaining but little action from many.    Everyone needs to participate by disabling their accounts. BTW, their stock price is higher today than it was on June 1. 

In my opinion real partnership is 50/50.

Everything lower is compromiss.

10% is not acceptable.

18 hours ago, Rocky Grimes said:

Lot of complaining but little action from many.    Everyone needs to participate by disabling their accounts. BTW, their stock price is higher today than it was on June 1. 

I agree, stop complaining and disable your account.  They will only see lost revenue and couldn't care less about our anger.

I'm tired of seeing $0.10 everyday.. (although i've leveled up 2 times)

Anyone has any other recommended stock photo agency?
I must admit that i still feel that SS has much users.. (and the UI for contributor is easy to use) 
I've tried the followings.
Adobe Stock - Too bad no editorial
Dreamstime - Still no download, and the uploading UI is just too bad.. 
iStock - well, low profit too

Any other recommendation?

3 hours ago, lydiarei said:

Я устал видеть 0,10 $ каждый день .. (хотя я выровнялся 2 раза)

У кого-нибудь есть другие рекомендованные фотоагентства?
Я должен признать, что я все еще чувствую, что у SS много пользователей .. (и пользовательский интерфейс для участника прост в использовании) 
Я попробовал следующее.
Adobe Stock - Жаль, нет редакции
Dreamstime - Все еще не скачивается, а пользовательский интерфейс загрузки слишком плохой. 
IStock - ну, низкая прибыль тоже

Любая другая рекомендация?

https://creativemarket.com/

On 7/5/2020 at 10:53 AM, Swill Klitch said:

Check out the Stock Contributor Coalition if you feel powerless.

I joined up but am not seeing the benefit, although it’s early. They are putting together some flashing stuff with no real detailed goals or a vision.  It certainly sounds good to “ensure fair value and compensation” but the how isn’t clear.  Currently the site just profiles a select few.

What is the longer term benefit going to be?

11 hours ago, lydiarei said:

I'm tired of seeing $0.10 everyday.. (although i've leveled up 2 times)

Anyone has any other recommended stock photo agency?
I must admit that i still feel that SS has much users.. (and the UI for contributor is easy to use) 
I've tried the followings.
Adobe Stock - Too bad no editorial
Dreamstime - Still no download, and the uploading UI is just too bad.. 
iStock - well, low profit too

Any other recommendation?

Motion Array is my highest earner by far. I think its because of the small number of contributors they have. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

https://motionarray.com/become-a-producer/

1 minute ago, Yevhen Rehulian said:

Hello, Guys 

could you advise other stock where good conditions for contributors?

I would be thank you for your help

have a nice day>

Adobe is now the best by far. They treat their contributors fair and sales are going up. 

After a decade, it is time to migrate.

SS is betting that contributors will still keep their content here, thus the millions of content can still make money for them. But since I felt betrayed, I do not mind losing some pennies.

¿Por qué querría alguien torpedear y hundir su propio barco?

De verdad, SS. nos gustaría saberlo, porque somos los marineros y normalmente el capitán es el último en abandonar su barco, pero en esta ocasión, como las ratas, son los primeros en irse de aquí.

Podríais escribir un libro sobre cómo hundir tu propio negocio.

Anda, sed buenos, decidnos por qué os cargáis una empresa que funcionaba. 

11 hours ago, Yevhen Rehulian said:

Hello, Guys 

could you advise other stock where good conditions for contributors?

I would be thank you for your help

have a nice day>

For me, Adobe stock and istock working better (they are working just better, not like a money making machine) than others. I won't let SS to enjoy their greedy revolution even if there is no alternatives. BTW, I'm happy with my own website.

So I ask Shutterstock at least 4 times about if I get my current money (did not reach $35) if I delete my account. I keep getting the answer that I can opt out or deactivate, but Shutterstock is simply not answering my question. So I just ask again and wrote "Contributor Id: 1131374
Do I get the current amount paid out (did not reach $35yet) if I delete my account? I'm not talking about opting out or deactivating. My questions is specifically for deleting the account."   

It could not be more clear. I got from the same guy the exact same answer (see below.  Seems like they really do not want to answer this question.

Aren't they legally required to answer since we have a user agreement? .  

Here the response.

We think this should answer your question. If you still need help, let us know and we'll connect you with an expert.

paul W.
Paul W.
SHUTTERSTOCK EXPERT

Hi I'm Paul and have been submitting to Shutterstock for around 8 years. I have submitted stock of various types including model released and editorial. Hopefully I can be of help.

Please note that beside completely removing your account, you also have the option to make your contents unavailable for downloading, you can find the details here:

How do I deactivate/delete my contributor account?

https://www.shutterstock.com/contributorsupport/articles/en_US/kbat02/000006645?q=close+account&l=en_US&fs=Search&pn=1

Please read this article and if you want to delete pease email Privacy@shutterstock.com
I hope this helps.

Please note that it can take up to 90 days for the account to be fully updated.

Please let me know if you have further questions.

Shutterstock you destroy your Brand.🚯
You ignoring authors, but this is your core value. The authors' loyalty is valuable, not your stock value 📉

Think about it 🧠 Jon

————— 

Shutterstock, вы уничтожаете ваш Бренд.🚯
Ваша основная ценность, это лояльность авторов.
А не эти ваши акции.

Думайте об этом 🧠 Джон

If you want to get your money before reaching 35$ limit then you can deactive the accout according to this instruction:

https://www.shutterstock.com/contributorsupport/articles/en_US/kbat02/How-do-I-deactivatedelete-my-contributor-account?l=en_US

"Deactivating your account removes your content from online display -- We will pay any outstanding earnings above $1, but you will need to contact us in advance to process this payment."