Kate Shutterstock

New earnings structure for Contributors

On 7/4/2020 at 12:27 PM, Alexandra Petruk said:

Oh my gods, this is hilarious, the last two cards with text can be translated like "mother-f...er" and "b..ch with died hair", whaaaaat:)))))))))))))))))))))))

THE SIXTH said "Thanks for the opportunity to be over drunk"...maybe it is about last stutterstock trends :)

On 7/3/2020 at 12:51 AM, Roberto Castillo said:

First found in recent files for "vector"

image.thumb.png.6d212ea8261f9b670847b77914c313c4.png

uhmmmmmm  yes 100% fresh

THE SIXTH picture says "Thanks for the opportunity to be over drunk"...maybe it is about last stutterstock trends :)

Don't know how the new structure is working out for all of you, but for me the jury is in. In the month since the change, the site that was most competitive with SS, "earnings-wise", has outstripped my Shutterstock earnings 10:1. Shutterstock has now dropped to my bottom three income/month sites. I'll still contribute to my SS account, but I'm tempted to go "exclusive" elsewhere. Only problem is, these other sites may follow the SS example. So here we are, powerless.

44 minutes ago, Thomas Morris said:

Don't know how the new structure is working out for all of you, but for me the jury is in. In the month since the change, the site that was most competitive with SS, "earnings-wise", has outstripped my Shutterstock earnings 10:1. Shutterstock has now dropped to my bottom three income/month sites. I'll still contribute to my SS account, but I'm tempted to go "exclusive" elsewhere. Only problem is, these other sites may follow the SS example. So here we are, powerless.

You have little control over what other agencies do, but you have control over what you do. To me, you analyze the results. What isn't working goes away and finding something that does work gets added. I owned about 50 shares of Shutterstock stock, but I sold it. It wasn't earning money. I reinvested those dollars in a different stock that makes more money. Front end or back end, Shutterstock isn't looking like an earner for anyone right now.

2 hours ago, Thomas Morris said:

Check out the Stock Contributor Coalition if you feel powerless.

2 minutes ago, Thyrymn2 said:

June 2020 earns are 38% of June 2019.

but you have made more sales right? as I made 11 video sales 2020 june worth 3.74 $ and I have made 2 video sales April 2020 worth 151.52$. 

so yeh , sales go up, earning go waaaaaaay down  

La empresa no genera contenidos el problema es nuestro.

Ellos siguen cobrando lo mismo y pagando a los accionistas  ¿Donde esta el problema ?

i am new at SS even though i join last year. only in this last few month i made a bunch of vector mascots with high quality design. 3-4 hours each designs. made special for SS in hope it will sells alot. for a few month it did and the sell are quite good. in hope my investment in time and effort will return in about a year. 

however, with the changes in earnings, even though they are still sells i am cringe with the money i got. my new count that my investment will return in about 4 year or more. this is too long time for me.  

Now i closed my shop in support this movement. also upload my designs at other stock sites.

if SS want high quality items uploaded to their website, this is NOT the way. and i am one of the designer that made high quality designs that they want. now it is not worth it to create for SS. now i only think SS is a T%ash can from designs contests. and many of my friends does that. they loose design contests and throw away the unwanted designs to SS. if that what SS want, then brace yourself. i am back to contests.

I was waiting to get paid and get my account settled before doing anything and as this has now been completed I have deactivated my account.
10c an image is an insult to both me and my work, so No more insults and if I never sell another image in my life, I will never sell an image again for 10c, I have far more pride in myself and my work to accept that. 
My sales numbers for June were exactly the same as May, but my earnings are down nearly 70% which is disgraceful, so as Douglas Adams once fittingly said, So long and thanks for the fish! 

I was told, although i'm in level 3 now, but i will "sometimes" still get $0.10 per download if the user is a very large subscription user (750 images per month or 9000 per year)

But "most of my time" i will still get more revenue than before.

Hey... all my downloads are mostly $0.10..

Do you mean all users are large subscription user..?

Please tell me how to maintain my motivation...

I notified SS by email (Privacy@shutterstock.com) on  May 29th to close my account and pay me my remaining earnings.  I have yet to see any action on their part.  Has anyone had any success doing this?

On 7/3/2020 at 7:22 PM, HannaTor said:

If you know Russian, so almost everything you gave here as an example is just a jokes, some of them from  old classic Russian comedies. I think in any culture, in any movie you can find some rude jokes, no? So take it easy, nothing wrong with it:-))

I'm familiar with russian culture, but those signs are too much :)

9 hours ago, Mark A. Williams said:

I notified SS by email (Privacy@shutterstock.com) on  May 29th to close my account and pay me my remaining earnings.  I have yet to see any action on their part.  Has anyone had any success doing this?

I used the contact button to ask to close my account at the beginning of june  They replied a few days later. I got my earnings yesterday which was less than $ 35. My account is all set to zero, but still there, so i am still lurking the forums.

This is more than a joke!

Assessment of trends, research, planning, implementation, editing and indexing, as well as upload.

All of these are costs that each contributor incurs. And you only provide the platform, marketing and sales processing.

I get $ 0.10 from the previous $ 0.25 for each bottom download. With very low download numbers. If the download numbers were higher, one could argue about it.
But that's just contempt for those who keep you alive with the content.
If this does not change, I will dissolve my portfolio here and rely on more serious, more responsible agencies. Which are in the economic and business situation. To run such agencies.

The people who are responsible for this price structure should be clear about it. Who feeds such an agency and keeps it alive!

5 hours ago, RegionalStock said:

This is more than a joke!

Assessment of trends, research, planning, implementation, editing and indexing, as well as upload.

All of these are costs that each contributor incurs. And you only provide the platform, marketing and sales processing.

I get $ 0.10 from the previous $ 0.25 for each bottom download. With very low download numbers. If the download numbers were higher, one could argue about it.
But that's just contempt for those who keep you alive with the content.
If this does not change, I will dissolve my portfolio here and rely on more serious, more responsible agencies. Which are in the economic and business situation. To run such agencies.

The people who are responsible for this price structure should be clear about it. Who feeds such an agency and keeps it alive!

argue about it? since they started to give me $0.25 for an image I stopped uploading graphics and started to upload video footage as you received $40-$80 for one video, and now you get $0.34-$0.60, what the hell can you argue about that? making decent stock photos requires money and time.

Lets say one does not have a studio, to rent a cheap one with lighting it costs $35/hour, than you have to find a decent model, lets say a cheaper one and you can negotiate a price/ day thtat varies from $250 to $ sky is the limit, than you need one hour to set up the studio, 4-5 hour to shoot, thats $460-$500, for 10-15 usable images. And now you have to make about 5000 sales just to break even ! What is there to argue?

Sales disabled here as of today. I was going to give it a little longer but after reading the other users responses and experiences, it seems as though SS is now a third world image provider and point of sales. What little I'll lose in sales here are already being made up elsewhere. From #1 to the dumpster in less than 2 months. I don't even list them on my web site now.

Lot of complaining but little action from many.    Everyone needs to participate by disabling their accounts. BTW, their stock price is higher today than it was on June 1. 

In my opinion real partnership is 50/50.

Everything lower is compromiss.

10% is not acceptable.

18 hours ago, Rocky Grimes said:

Lot of complaining but little action from many.    Everyone needs to participate by disabling their accounts. BTW, their stock price is higher today than it was on June 1. 

I agree, stop complaining and disable your account.  They will only see lost revenue and couldn't care less about our anger.