Kate Shutterstock

New earnings structure for Contributors

37 minutes ago, StockWithMe said:

You're producing crap, there you go your answer

12 hours ago, GregDPhotos said:

So based on my content, which category do you put me in? (https://stock.adobe.com/contributor/208565920/gregdphotos?load_type=author&prev_url=detail) Then I'll tell you what I am based on your other criteria.

StockWithMe. I can see your frustration with this situation as whole, but no need to talk like this.. Based on what I see in Greg's portfolio, he has not too many images in there. That is telling me he is in the beginning stage. This is a very great start. The images look probably better than what I had on my beginning. 

So Greg, keep up the great work! I would only suggest to offer your images to agencies that respect their contributors and treat them right. Upload your work to platforms like Adobe where they pay a fair price. I gave Shutterstock not even 1 new upload since the new pay structure. 

46 minutes ago, Mirko Rosenau said:

StockWithMe. I can see your frustration with this situation as whole, but no need to talk like this.. Based on what I see in Greg's portfolio, he has not too many images in there. That is telling me he is in the beginning stage. This is a very great start. The images look probably better than what I had on my beginning. 

So Greg, keep up the great work! I would only suggest to offer your images to agencies that respect their contributors and treat them right. Upload your work to platforms like Adobe where they pay a fair price. I gave Shutterstock not even 1 new upload since the new pay structure. 

I appreciate your feedback. My SS portfolio was about twice the size (still really small) until I deactivated by 6/1... Wish I'd put more time into my Adobe portfolio before then. Though I suppose @StockWithMe would have preferred I stay on SS.

1 hour ago, StockWithMe said:

You're producing crap, there you go your answer

Thank you for your feedback. Interesting that you fell for the trap. The truth is that the small size of my portfolio is due to notably higher level work I do that is not connected with stock.

I would be more careful with judgment calls in the future if I were you. IMHO. Especially when it comes to contradicting reviewers at 2 agencies that are not SS or DT.

1 hour ago, GregDPhotos said:

Thank you for your feedback. Interesting that you fell for the trap. The truth is that the small size of my portfolio is due to notably higher level work I do that is not connected with stock.

I would be more careful with judgment calls in the future if I were you. IMHO. Especially when it comes to contradicting reviewers at 2 agencies that are not SS or DT.

What kind of trap? What are you talking about? You didn't ask about the size of your portfolio but about the quality of your photos (which by the way is not a topic of this forum announcement). Or maybe you judge others talent and photo quality by the size of their portfolio then yea, great trap, you got me. 

And by seeing your photos that to me don't have much artistic and even technical value I stated my opinion. Yes it was a bit too harsh for which I am sorry but it was only fueled by my frustration with shutterstock and for which I am sorry. But I am sorry only if you are a beginning photographer, if not then I don't have anything to be sorry about. 

Now please let's get back to the topic of this forum announcement. 

Hi everyone, I've been lurking on the forum for a while and selling stock on SS since 2016, I have a modest portfolio of just over 700 video clips. SS just paid me $0.26 commission for a video clip, so I've opted out of all footage sales, I know my work is worth more than that, I regularly sell footage with other agencies! My question is, those who have opted out of sales, have you also deactivated your account with SS to release any remaining payout? If not, what is the rationale for hanging on with sales deactivated?

1 hour ago, StockWithMe said:

What kind of trap? What are you talking about? You didn't ask about the size of your portfolio but about the quality of your photos (which by the way is not a topic of this forum announcement). Or maybe you judge others talent and photo quality by the size of their portfolio then yea, great trap, you got me. 

And by seeing your photos that to me don't have much artistic and even technical value I stated my opinion. Yes it was a bit too harsh for which I am sorry but it was only fueled by my frustration with shutterstock and for which I am sorry. But I am sorry only if you are a beginning photographer, if not then I don't have anything to be sorry about. 

Now please let's get back to the topic of this forum announcement. 

I would like to look at your portfolio if possible. Is this yours? - https://depositphotos.com/portfolio-4917139.html :)

1 hour ago, Abir Bhattacharya said:

June Stats

SS- 359 downloads including a footage and some OD's - 68.71 $

AS- New and much smaller portfolio - 38 downloads - 49.14 $

Its time to move on

Alamy takes the cake for me, with one sale haha (just a regular image):

Screen Shot 2020-06-30 at 9.05.30 PM.png

12 minutes ago, Taisiya Kozorez said:

РПД от 0,80 (april) до 0,27, 4-й уровень. Как это должно мотивировать меня?

It should motivate you to disable sales here and work with other agencies

2 hours ago, Svetlana Satsiuk said:

my statistics June 27 $ :huh:💀

I saw these figures only at the beginning of my work with the SS

this is a shock

I can not understand, 27$ for month with Your portfolio?

3 hours ago, Svetlana Satsiuk said:

this is a shock

This cannot be, with a port like that!

Just had a photo sell for $3.75 yesterday, even though my portfolio has been disabled for 2 weeks. I'm doing better now per sale with a disabled account than I was prior to it.

3 hours ago, Svetlana Satsiuk said:

this is a shock

Get used to it. Most likely this will get worst. Once clients notice the new level of quality content, not having the latest images, and so on..., the clients will shift to purchase from other platforms. It has already started and will be a slow but continuing trend.

If Shutterstock does not reverse they will quickly slip to a none important platform. Also, if Shutterstock wants to reverse course they need to hurry up. The damage has been already great for them. 

7 minutes ago, Rocky Grimes said:

Just had a photo sell for $3.75 yesterday, even though my portfolio has been disabled for 2 weeks. I'm doing better now per sale with a disabled account than I was prior to it.

So, how do you even know that Shutterstock is not selling your images without any pay to you? 

If Shutterstock cheats here, they are not trust worthy in general. This is a serious concern! 

4 hours ago, Svetlana Satsiuk said:

this is a shock

This is really bad, sorry. I would say hold in there for another month, you have a big and good port, it must be just bad luck what can happen to each of us. This is what we have to expect from the new SS, each of us.

4 minutes ago, Whiteaster said:

it must be just bad luck what can happen to each of us.

in my humble opinion, luck is the last thing to hope for. especially in such a business

25 minutes ago, Mirko Rosenau said:

So, how do you even know that Shutterstock is not selling your images without any pay to you? 

If Shutterstock cheats here, they are not trust worthy in general. This is a serious concern! 

How does anyone know that?

I think it’s more likely to be delayed earnings. Unlikely SS is secretly selling my stuff and then paying me for those secret sales.