New earnings structure for Contributors

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In an email that is going out today, we are announcing that we will be updating the earnings structure that determines how much you get paid when customers license your work. We are making this adjust

This is just a joke. 10 years with SS and now I'll be getting 20% commission on my footage clips??? No lifetime sales tier, just what you sold last year/this year.... To get to the curr

This space will be updated to address frequently asked questions.  My email shows different counts for videos than are shown above. Which is correct? Apologies. The email to video contributo

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, jjmillan said:

YA HA PASADO UN MES DESDE LOS CAMBIOS EN SS ALGUIEN SABE SI LA COMPAÑÍA ESTA SATISFECHA , SI TIENEN MEJORES RESULTADOS ,SI ES ESTO LO QUE QUIEREN ?

if shutterstock is satisfied? I guess they could be better, but I'm pretty sure they are just waiting some time till people gives up or calm down, because the people that decided this can't acknowledge they made a mistake, or maybe they already thought the complains would come. I think they were in front of a graph with how much they pay to contributors per number of downloads, what were the percentage of contributors under some level, what would be the benefit for them if they were cutting payment at the beginning of every year, etc. and based on these numbers, they decided, maybe considering contributors would complain, but who cares? As they say, if you don't agree, take your stuff and go.

I think for big producers the loss isn't that big, they will complain a little and carry on, but for small ones, it's really not worth the effort. I thin for big ones, it won't be worth soon if they tolerate this, because next will come soon.

I asked to deactivate my account on tuesday and still have access here and they didn't pay me yet... why is it taking so long?

On 6/26/2020 at 9:34 PM, AKaiser said:

They just banned @Wilm Ihlenfeld from posting to the forums for "hijacking other peoples' threads to share his negative views about Shutterstock".
This is ... just ridiculous. 
I don't know *any* person in this world being more factual and objective than Wilm. 
Censorship at its best.
*yikes*

What a shame. Beyond ridiculous.

Just realized I have sold few HD clips fot peanuts, sorry, for $0.34. 

I contacted with support and someone named Borna told me:

Shutterstock offers promotional deals or bulk packages from time to time. This sale is part of that program. Your commission for these sales is determined by your LEVEL in Shutterstock. The higher the level, the higher your earning.

Here’s an article in this regard:
How Shutterstock Is Representing Your Interests by Expanding the Footage Marketplace
https://www.shutterstock.com/blog/contributor-footage-value-expanding-marketplace>

Unfortunately, there is no way to opt out of these sales, but at least this will help to raise that footage in the search engine placement.

104834323_3133156066753297_6549607345573531807_n.jpg

On 6/28/2020 at 2:48 AM, Phillip W. Kirkland said:

Why doesn't any of the Shutterstock moderators have the guts to respond to so many that have made comments concerning the screwing your giving the faithful contributors to your business?  

Propably they got fired to save some money. And new ones can't write in English yet.

Recently I uploaded some images, I and see sometimes I get only $0,10/image. However if I want buy image is at least 30 times expensive.

I think get only 15% for a image... its ridiculous. I rather do nothing... I will not upload more images. I am not a slave.

I will find another website where I can get at least 50% royalty.

Dreamstime did do some increase after Shutterstock cut, but not sure how long that is for.

Now a full month since disabling here.

My sales on DT seem to have improved this month. AS sales are rubbish like always for me.

But I think I have decided to pull from microstock entirely, and probably just focus on Alamy. Just less time managing photos.

On 6/27/2020 at 5:34 AM, AKaiser said:

They just banned @Wilm Ihlenfeld from posting to the forums for "hijacking other peoples' threads to share his negative views about Shutterstock".
This is ... just ridiculous. 
I don't know *any* person in this world being more factual and objective than Wilm. 
Censorship at its best.
*yikes*

Very bad news. 

All who say that this led to better results are trolls or forum administrators. In May, I had 948 downloads, and this month 1019 my incomes fell by about 40%, I'm at level 5. The avatar and the inscription boycott from the personal page were removed. I load teper only on adobe. As soon as they start downloading on adobe, I will leave with ss.👁️

On 6/23/2020 at 2:40 AM, Creatus said:

To all active contributors, please humor me and post your last 10 image sales here on SS!

0.66, 0.66, 0.87, 0.10, 0.14, 0.30, 0.30, 0.14, 4.35, 0.98

The $4.35 was a ODD, the rest are subs. Admittedly, a good run - I've had much sadder compilations. But you asked for the last ten, so here they are.

And now watch the red arrows fly, because this doesn't jive with the general doom and gloom around here. I'm sure I'll be accused of being a paid SS troll.

252963126_ScreenShot2020-06-29at7_19_17AM.png.ed6108329087ea125914cbe3191231d0.png1183234100_ScreenShot2020-06-29at7_18_56AM.thumb.png.7af5bde6254ed8af71771a99d59da305.png

2 minutes ago, Milo J said:

0,66, 0,66, 0,87, 0,10, 0,14, 0,30, 0,30, 0,14, 4,35, 0,98

$ 4,35 был ODD, остальные сабвуферы. По общему признанию, хороший пробег - у меня были намного более грустные компиляции. Но вы просили последние десять, так что вот они.

А теперь посмотрите, как летят красные стрелки, потому что это не сочетается с общей гибелью и мраком. Я уверен, что меня обвинят в том, что я платный тролль СС.

252963126_ScreenShot2020-06-29at7_19_17AM.png.ed6108329087ea125914cbe3191231d0.png1183234100_ScreenShot2020-06-29at7_18_56AM.thumb.png.7af5bde6254ed8af71771a99d59da305.png

ok.check  

2222.PNG

111.PNG

6 hours ago, Studio 2 said:

Is it a temporary ban?

As far I know it is until July 3rd. However, this is simply "censorship"  Shutterstock is sinking lower and lower.  Every single work Wilm wrote was professional, informative, and most important, it was right on target. It is discussing how Shutterstock treats the people who brought them here! And, don't forget, they are nothing without our content! 

We will look at the data in half a year and I don't think that Shutterstock will be still  the number 1 as it used to be. Why I think this? You cannot cut pay by over 60 %, down to a 10 cent per image and then ask you contributors to shot specific content. Creating the content has expenses like the equipment, travel, time, models, power bill, and so on. With Shutterstock's new strategy, it pays only if a contributor has zero expense. This is only achievable with low quality gear and shooting what may across on the way to buy groceries. The trend will be that professionals will continue not to upload fresh content and move away from Shutterstock to other platforms. Shutterstock will have to live of old content and a lot of amateur images. 

Long-term clients will recognize the new quality of Shutterstock. Hours of searching through low quality images to find what they need. Clients will leave Shutterstock as well. ANd don't worry, the "Boycott Shutterstock" is in full swing!  There is an awareness campaign to let clients know about Shutterstock Greed.

That won't end well.

7 minutes ago, Neo Geometric said:

All who say that this led to better results are trolls or forum administrators. In May, I had 948 downloads, and this month 1019 my incomes fell by about 40%, I'm at level 5. The avatar and the inscription boycott from the personal page were removed. I load teper only on adobe. As soon as they start downloading on adobe, I will leave with ss.👁️

Neo, you make a good call here! 

3 minutes ago, Neo Geometric said:

ok.check  

2222.PNG

111.PNG

I agree that this is very painful. Unfortunately, I get the feeling that those with the best images get hurt the most with this new structure. Because those are the types of images bought with the big subscription plans.

9 minutes ago, Milo J said:

Я согласен, что это очень больно. К сожалению, у меня возникает ощущение, что те, у кого лучшие изображения, больше всего страдают от этой новой структуры. Потому что это типы изображений, купленных с большими планами подписки.

This is all very unpleasant. Shattered Motion Design plans. I am switching to Adobe and CreativMarket, but I need time to get noticed. I worked with only one SS, too much trust was mistaken.🔥