Kate Shutterstock

New earnings structure for Contributors

2 hours ago, AKaiser said:

They just banned @Wilm Ihlenfeld from posting to the forums for "hijacking other peoples' threads to share his negative views about Shutterstock".
This is ... just ridiculous. 
I don't know *any* person in this world being more factual and objective than Wilm. 
Censorship at its best.
*yikes*

Hi Anja, it's sad and pathetic. Tell Wilhelm to create a new account and not be silenced here. Sincerely.

2 hours ago, AKaiser said:

They just banned @Wilm Ihlenfeld from posting to the forums for "hijacking other peoples' threads to share his negative views about Shutterstock".
I don't know *any* person in this world being more factual and objective than Wilm. 
Censorship at its best.
*yikes*

How is it possible!! It is getting sadder.
This means that you can express your anger on the forum, but you cannot explain clearly where the problems lie with Shutterstock.
They still don't explain anything themselves.

Apparently they keep an eye on the forum anyway.

@Kate Shutterstock  can you or the other admins change this? Oherwise the admins lose their last bit of respect (which used to be).

Hope to see you again on the forum @Wilm Ihlenfeld.

¿ Cuantos de los colaboradores que  se han ido regresaran a 0,10 ?

6 hours ago, AKaiser said:

Censorship at its best.
*yikes*

Before someone comes up with some other explanation, I think I can clarify what could happen but before I do that I must say that I have the highest respect for Wilhelm and appreciate (almost) all his opinions and contribution to the forum, as well as his work.

Here it goes: I was answering to a newbie's request for help with a rejection. My answer was clear, at the topic but Geogif had to downvote it, just as he downvoted Milleflore Images before, for the pure pleasure of contradicting.

I don't care about the downvote but I took the time to provide explanations and links for the OP who now didn't know what to think about the contradicting opinions.

The problem was that Geogif's comment was tied to Wilm's comment, so both comments were removed and apparently Wilm banned which is regrettable.

In case this was the reason of Wilm being banned, I am sorry for that but he has to thank to his friend.

I think it is time to put an end to bullying people for no good reason.

Actually, I have been here now for 10 years…and weeks ago I wouldn’t have thought about the alterations which have taken place within a few days only.

I have always been a loyal partner and until now I have carried everything together with you, however, now the time has come to leave for good.

First of all, I am no longer prepared to put my stuff at your disposal for just a few cents…to delete my complete account still feels a bit tough to me as I have spent 10 years of my life here.

If nothing will change here in regard to the structure I will certainly take this step, too…

There has been a time for me before Shutterstock and there will also be a time after Shutterstock.

Life is a constant change and sometimes we are deeply dissappointed by a partnership in our lives; sometimes we can foresee it.

However, being dissappointed by someone we have not thought of is much more painful.

Within the last years I have seen a few agency where I uploaded things come and go… and you can still find me working for some other agencies!

But with which kind of self-confidence everything has been completely turned upside-down within one day has astonished me and is still very amazing to me.

To make such a financial cut for people who carry your website and give you the opportunity to just exist within times of the most biggest global crisis of the New Age makes me speechless.

Because, you just provide the platform…you do not produce anything on your own…and people will leave, you will painfully miss…you have affronted.

You should value people…this I do not see here anymore.

However, I will not be in the position to change anything, it is your way… not mine!

Cancel just the selling my illustrations...the animations are still online (first).

I am not the victim, however, people who still possess a clear mind..

All the best,
Frank

out_now.jpg

On 6/22/2020 at 9:48 AM, whitejellybeans said:

II am a contributor and a buyer. Our business signed up for the monthly plan over eight months ago as we were setting up a couple of websites. Most months go by now where we are lucky to purchase one or two images a month but are still paying $49 per month for the subscription as it was an annual commitment. The months that our business does not purchase any images means that SS does not need to pay any of their contributors a cent. 
I suspect that the overheads for storing images are huge, but I would have thought good business sense would be to offload images that have not sold for say three years or so and allow contributors to resubmit. It is appalling what SS has done to their contributors who are the backbone of their company. It is also a lazy business to take the easiest option out by cutting the bonus to their contributors rather than looking at other ways to cut a profit. 
For our business, once the subscription runs out, our company will never buy images off Shutterstock again. As a contributor, my portfolio is small and was just a side income.  I am in the process of deleting all my decent images and leaving all my crapy ones on SS that I submitted when I first started out. 

This is even better. Liked what you mentioned in the last line about leaving crappy images out there...

6 minutes ago, Studio 2 said:

There is a post above by Whiteaster that may explain it. With regard to @geogif it's an assumption. Time will tell. 

Thanks Debbie, I read that but I was hoping someone could clarify where the new goal posts are if you know what I mean. Must be very close now if Wilm is banned.

My 12 year old is doing great here with his cell phone butterflies, bugs, etc...

Me?  I sold 1 print and made more than all of June.  I'm not uploading anymore; just going to let my stuff sit and focus on other stuff. 

On 6/26/2020 at 12:00 PM, Andreas Prott said:

Well video contribs got screwed twice. First they introduced a new cheap sub plan for videos then they changed the payout from 30% to "from 15%".

Wow that's surreal.. a $66 USD video file and the creator of it gets $0.34. That's really just a token crumb tossed out to pretend like it's not free. I'm wondering why that's even legal under international law. 

3 hours ago, Sadik Yalcin said:

There must be an option like "I do not want my contents under subscription sales"

There is: disable your entire still image and/or video portfolios.

4 hours ago, Sadik Yalcin said:

"İçeriğimi abonelik satışları altında istemiyorum" gibi bir seçenek olmalıdır

Ne güzel söylemişsin. bravo.

Why doesn't any of the Shutterstock moderators have the guts to respond to so many that have made comments concerning the screwing your giving the faithful contributors to your business?  

On 6/2/2020 at 10:29 AM, Mirko Rosenau said:

How do I deactivate/delete my contributor account?

We provide the options below to deactivate/delete your contributor account:

Opting out of sales (recommended option)
Opting out of sales will remove your content from online display, but keeps your account active and ensures that your earnings payment will be made when you reach the minimum payout level. Your referral earnings will also continue to accumulate. Opting in or out of sales allows you to quickly reinstate your previously approved content if you decide to return to Shutterstock in the future.

To opt out of sales, log into your account and navigate to the Account Settings page from the drop-down menu under your name in the top right corner of the page. Scroll down to the section How can we license your work? and select No for the sales options.

Deleting your account
You have the right to access and correct, or delete your Personal Information and privacy preferences at any time. You can immediately change your profile here or request a deletion of your personal information from our privacy team - Privacy@shutterstock.com. Deleting your account will permanently remove your content from online display, bar access to your account and participation in our forums. You can find detailed information on our Privacy Policy.

• Here you go

Interesting, ...I deactivated my account the 1st of June to set a sign against the new policy (I also send messages to shutterstock and of cours just got this paste and copy sh...t answers, ...when I told them this copy and paste answers are diserespectful, no answers at all anymore. But I did not expect anything else to be honest) . My sales with other agencies went up. In the middle of June I activated it again and had some good sales on shutterstock, but sales with others went down. Ok, it is obviously not a coincident ;O) Why did I activated my account again, ...simply I wanted to find out what happens and with my sales I was at 25%, stock footage is a big part of my icome too! So I thought, ok, I will not upload any new footage, but be oportunistic and take advantage and cash as much as I can until the end of this year. Now, .... most of my sales are package/subscriptiomn sales now... earning 5-7U$ per clip. So Shutterstock is obviously running down the whole market. It will collapse as it makes no sense for contributers anymore to produce stock footage. My plan, to stay with shutterstock until the end of the year is not working out. So thanks shutterstock for the good times we had in the past, but killing your cash cows is not a smart move. I really thought all the protests and comments ...and contributors dectivating their portfolio wakes you up, but obviously you don't care at all about what we have to say. So before I got starved to death by your greed, I move on and let you wake up alone. 

On 6/26/2020 at 9:00 PM, Andreas Prott said:

Well video contribs got screwed twice. First they introduced a new cheap sub plan for videos then they changed the payout from 30% to "from 15%".

Yes, that is the newst twist .... all my sales since some time are only subscription/pack sales with the same earnings you mentioned above ...

On 6/26/2020 at 9:03 PM, Oleg Kovtun Hydrobio said:

On June 25th I already disabled the entire portfolio with 2,500 photos, but I have a main portfolio of 17,500 videos, which brings the main income. After selling videos for 6.52, I will turn off my video portfolio. Shutterstock died, not one self-respecting video operator will not sell his work so cheaply. I do underwater video, the cost of such a video is very large. I will not sell at Shattestock, let this business die from its greed and stupidity. At the end of the month, I will turn off my video portfolio on Shutterstock. Viva stupidity and stupidity of its leaders, they dug up their grave.

Без имени-1.jpg

same same .... since the 24th of June I only sell videos through subscriptions ....