Kate Shutterstock

New earnings structure for Contributors

13 hours ago, Davaiphotography said:

Ditto

105382998_4278858655488093_8518836788127673742_n.jpg

What's really ridiculous is that Oringer "forgot" that there are other microstocks and no need to sell content "on your own".

4 hours ago, Amir Bajric said:

they want to destroy other agencies

Right, and now it's up to contributors whether to help Shutterstock to destroy other agencies or not.

12 minutes ago, Natwood said:

Right, and now is up to contributors whether to help Shutterstock to destroy other agencies or not.

I'm not afraid of that at all, Adobe is a much richer company with a much better plan, which will soon dominate.

5 hours ago, Andrew Rybalko said:

Shutterstock now has a censorship. They have removed my icon with the crossed out 10 cents. And also was deleted an explanation where to find a new content.

I will upload the protest icon again. It’s not difficult for me. Check your profile, guys!

2020-06-24_19-09-27.png

My explanation was gone too. I just reenterd it again.

9 minutes ago, igor.kramar.shots said:

I'm not afraid of that at all, Adobe is a much richer company with a much better plan, which will soon dominate.

Not if big studios will keep pushing quality photos on SS. Buyers simply pick the cheaper option.

For adobe there will be to do the same and cut commisions or quit buissnes that dosnt pay out. 

Its up to biggest contributors now, if they wont act now they will have huge pay cuts in every agency that exists they will cut the branch that they sit on.

Its actualy up to buyers but dont think they care about this situation, most of them are big companys that care about saving spendings every way they can.

I Hope you are right and Im very wrong...

2 hours ago, Amir Bajric said:

Shutterstock now has a censorship. They have removed my icon with the crossed out 10 cents. And also was deleted an explanation where to find a new content.

I will upload the protest icon again. It’s not difficult for me. Check your profile, guys!

Same for me !

23 minutes ago, Przemek Iciak said:

Not if big studios will keep pushing quality photos on SS. Buyers simply pick the cheaper option.

For adobe there will be to do the same and cut commisions or quit buissnes that dosnt pay out. 

Its up to biggest contributors now, if they wont act now they will have huge pay cuts in every agency that exists they will cut the branch that they sit on.

Its actualy up to buyers but dont think they care about this situation, most of them are big companys that care about saving spendings every way they can.

I Hope you are right and Im very wrong...

Adobe's business plan is not to sell separate photos and videos but to integrate Adobe stock into its creative cloud. This gives him a huge advantage over all agencies. He can afford to pay more and big agencies will go there who will pay them more.

13 hours ago, Wilm Ihlenfeld said:

The portfolio of Africa Studio is empty! 1.350.000 images are "missing".

amazing

6 hours ago, Andrew Rybalko said:

2020-06-24_19-09-27.png

My profil detto .... SS removed my icon with the crossed out 10 cents ... the icon cannot be uploaded...

18 minutes ago, Vlasto Opatovsky said:

My profil detto .... SS removed my icon with the crossed out 10 cents ... the icon cannot be uploaded...

I just noticed the same!....Uhhhhhh!

2 hours ago, igor.kramar.shots said:

I agree that Adobe is a richer company and has a better plan, but if SS starts dropping the prices for images then Adobe Stock, and all other microstocks as well, will be affected a lot. And the contributors will be affected the most.

17 minutes ago, Wiola Wiaderek said:

I just noticed the same!....Uhhhhhh!

It shows us again: SS administration is desperate. They feel the damage. Yes, they're shutting the protests. Alamy may become number one in months.

Clipboard02.jpg

16 hours ago, Davaiphotography said:

Ditto

105382998_4278858655488093_8518836788127673742_n.jpg

This shows an incredible arrogance. It also shows that certain people at shutterstock have not even begun to understand what their contributors, i.e. their capital, their livelihood, are concerned about!

It is also proof that they don't care if there are a few million pictures less here. They are convinced that they do not need the individual. And that the masses are stupid enough to continue to help them do their business.

From a business point of view, this is a very bad communication culture. I know of few companies in which the management communicates with the "employees" at such a level. From my point of view, it would have been better to communicate like here in the forum - not at all.

"We are working 5x harder to make us the next trillion."

But they have obviously been working 50x harder recently to make the next billion for themselves and the dividends for the shareholders!

The business model of stock agencies is changing and is no longer sustainable at these conditions, the coalition of submitters can be a way to understand together how to navigate through this crisis and find a different solution from the various corporate puppets and yes-drones. I see that some have decided not only to abandon SS but the entire stock market as it is no longer profitable. Personally past June I will dedicate myself only to AS, DT and possibly to P5. On SS i will begin to post only my old 10mp camera images that are worth what sss would like to pay for them, that is almost nothing. In December I will decide whether to withdraw from the market too and if there is any other way to make money with my images, in this I hope that maybe in the meantime there will be a viable solution. For the rest it is only natural selection.

I wonder if the new contributors are aware of the new SS commissions. They maybe read about SS in some old posts in blogs and join, and SS don't even provide any clear information with actual prices, just misty percents.

1 hour ago, Natwood said:

I wonder if the new contributors are aware of the new SS commissions. They maybe read about SS in some old posts in blogs and join, and SS don't even provide any clear information with actual prices, just misty percents.

That was probably part of the plan - fool prospective contributors (who won't necessarily know much about the dollars and cents or download numbers of this business) with the potential of 40% royalties.

1 hour ago, Gerhard Pettersson said:

Effects have come - down. Is how market see this a company going down and market respond with selling out stock s. 

Screenshot_20200625_011135.jpg

It will drop a lot more, but I don't think it matters to the management..  They can sell now and cash in or  even profit with futures betting the prices will drop more.  It's sad to see contributors and maybe even management hoping the company value will go down.  But that's what's going to happen.

23 minutes ago, Neo Geometric said:

The profile icon was removed) it became even funny. Is it really so affected? Maybe buyers asked what it is? the farther into the forest the more wolves.

Mine was deleted, too. In the middle ages, they could have whipped us, but now they have only removed the objectionable avatar. Glory to democracy and freedom of speech!