Kate Shutterstock

New earnings structure for Contributors

This is ridiculous !!! As of now I will no longer be submitting new content to this site !!!! I am a long time Shutterstock contributor, and worked very hard to get to the highest tier income level. Now its gone ????? Somebody up there in corporate LaLa land needs to get it together !!!! All my efforts will now go into the other sites, Iam a part of. Where TEN CENTS WOULD BE AN ABSOLUTE JOKE !!!!

9 minutes ago, Jake Sorensen said:

Join the other 4600+ contributors at www.stockcoalition.org . Great things are happening behind the scenes. Come be a part of making positive changes in the industry.

This must somehow be decentralized. If all the power remains in the hands of some people, in the future the same thing that shutterstock has done to us now could happen again

8 minutes ago, Jake Sorensen said:

I'm curious why not? 

This must somehow be decentralized. If all the power remains in the hands of some people, in the future the same thing that shutterstock has done to us now could happen again

1 minute ago, concept w said:

It will be. The current group of core people establishing the coalition are from all around the world. The idea is that once it is fully established decisions and leaders can be chosen by vote of the members.

2 minutes ago, Jake Sorensen said:

It will be. The current group of core people establishing the coalition are from all around the world. The idea is that once it is fully established decisions and leaders can be chosen by vote of the members.

There is no guarantee for this, in the absence of a real decentralized voting and coercion mechanism

For decentralization, it would be good to look at the Crypto industry (Bitcoin, etc.). There are concepts such as DAO Decentralized Autonomous Organizations that intrinsically solve the problem of governance and sustainability, taking power from the hands of several individuals, and sharing it with all participants. I think this is the the only future at least for this industry.

3 minutes ago, concept w said:

There is no guarantee for this, in the absence of a real decentralized voting and coercion mechanism

The only guarantee you have is that the stock industry will not exist in the next few years if we don't do something. I for one will continue to fight for my livelihood in the best way I know how. Hope others will join.

1 hour ago, Whiteaster said:

I wish you luck and many sales but an old proverb says: Don't praise the day before sunset.

Agree but with Shutterstock sun just set month ago. With those terms you wont see any increase of earnings. Before, SS and Adobe was for me same earners ( Adobe min 36c and SS min 36c). Adobe keeps growing SS went back 2 years and im on SS 3 years uploading HA!... For me its already new morning and im waking up to enjoy sunrise with small hangover after getting drunk with SS earnings fast growth 🤣.

The only guarantee you have is that the stock industry will not exist in the next few years if we don't do something. I for one will continue to fight for my livelihood in the best way I know how. Hope others will join.

Shutterstock just killed the microstock industry as we knew it until recently. It's time to do something with the experience gained over the years and not depend on anyone. I will NEVER put my work on a stock site again, waiting to get a commission on my work, a commission that can be modified at the discretion of the management.

4 hours ago, Wilm Ihlenfeld said:

This is the fifth or sixth time within 14 days that I have been asked to participate in a survey.

This time maybe because I was about to delete some pictures again.

Just for your information, what shutterstock would like to know from us:

survey.jpg

I was never ask for a survey. Maybe my ton in messages was crystal clear. No images for Shutterstock until they reverse the unfair new pay. 

10 hours ago, eskystudio said:

It is surprising that he would make such a statement knowing that this is not correct. Also, I'm not sure why he is even still trying to support this decision.  Jon Oringer left Shutterstock as CEO in April 2020 and sold a large amount of his Shutterstock stocks which implies that he has very little faith into the way Shutterstock is going. 

Being this business has little to no governmental oversite, its not surprising what Shutterstock is doing !! Problem is they are now going to lose most of us serious photographers and all they will have left is the point & shooters !! They wont be competing with the big boys any longer !! Sad - sell your stock !!

Of course, I know that they do not pay us, but sell our work and we get royalties for it. I'm white, but I'm starting to feel like a black man working on a slave owner's plantation in the 19th century. Many, many years ago, I believed shatterstock's promises that if I earned $ 10,000, I would start getting a minimum of $ 0.38 per download. I didn't think it was enough, but I agreed. And now they tell me that everything, it's all canceled, now there are new rules. Come on, slave, work for $ 0.10 for downloading your work. If you work hard, like the Jews in slavery to the Egyptians in the Bible, you will get more. But where will more come from? Work four times as much, 24 hours a day, 31 days a month. Sleep, eat at your workplace.
All this is just a hopeful lie.

Don’t have much faith anymore in ShutterStock, use to be my #1 upload site now with the new pay rates I stopped completely with new content and concentrating on other sites,  ShutterStock is now close to the bottom of money earned and think it might be better to just close the account here and move on. I think John and the rest of the Board has forgot who got them  where they are now, so sad to see such corporate greed at these times.

On 6/22/2020 at 6:06 AM, Mirko Rosenau said:

I don't thin k you can. It would be a "All or None" thing. You could delete individual images. Maybe this is an avenue you would like to go. 

Thank you for clarifying this. I might just do that, today I'll start erasing few images. 

image.thumb.png.f76f1c0ca5a7c93a417ef2c1029e7c4a.png.9fb4dc24afb36a8b79527678ed488c39.png

This is  WRONG dude, I am level 5 and it is almost one month since this theft happened and I am already 65% less than my usual earning.

Save your breath dear and make amends.