Jump to content
Kate Shutterstock

New earnings structure for Contributors

Recommended Posts

31 minutes ago, StockWithMe said:

Look, they try to bribe us now! I have disabled my account on the 12/06/2020 and now on 18/06/2020 all of the sudden I got this amount of money as a 'sale' on my account. Bunch of .... I will try to get to the bottom of that and try to get information on who bought this photo. I think it is illegal for them to just give me money like that without selling the actual photo to anyone. Let alone while my account is DISABLED!

WTF are they doing there now???!!!! This is really just a joke. We need to make a petition to make Stan Pavlovsky resign!!! This crap that we're into was decided as soon as he joined shutterstock. 

 

image.png.8e5cd65435ac924b4301e94428340dd1.png

I also received a large amount of money as a "sale" on my account. I don't know if it's good or bad. If such a gift was repeated 3-4 times a month, it would not be bad. Sarcasm.

Screenshot_4.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/26/2020 at 11:48 AM, David Calvert said:

So I'm currently in level one. Instead of getting $0.25 per download, what am I going to get now?

You're going to get a lousy 10 cents per download. At least that is what I'm getting now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As, has been quoted in another thread, July 1 is an important date for SS with the quarterly release to shareholders. I would suggest disabling sales on June 26 and reenabling on July 2, as there is a weekend, and it takes about 72 hours for the port to be 0, there won't be that much of a drop in potential sales but it would give a powerful message to SS. They have to report this significant drop of database assets to the shareholders.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So can anyone tell me how I disable my portfolio? To add to the pain of this new payment structure, the SS reviewers are back to doing weird things with their approvals of content. I'm pretty fed up with them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, kallen1979 said:

You're going to get a lousy 10 cents per download. At least that is what I'm getting now.

And even if your are in the top level you will still usually be getting $0.10 for Subs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, kallen1979 said:

So can anyone tell me how I disable my portfolio? To add to the pain of this new payment structure, the SS reviewers are back to doing weird things with their approvals of content. I'm pretty fed up with them.

On your Dashboard go to Account Settings, there you can disable sales. I'm disabling on June 26.

Untitled.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MJD Graphics said:

On your Dashboard go to Account Settings, there you can disable sales. I'm disabling on June 26.

Untitled.jpeg

Thanks. Done and done. I don't know if it will do anything but now I'll concentrate on the other agencies I work with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, kallen1979 said:

Thanks. Done and done. I don't know if it will do anything but now I'll concentrate on the other agencies I work with.

I decided to disable now instead of June 26. As I am only getting $0.10 sales from only India ( the rest of the world has disappeared ). It's one thing to get screwed by this new system but also the constant algorithm changes is just too much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think if nothing change i will go exclusive to some body else. 10 cents is an insult. three years ago i stoped to upload because after years contributing to SS I began to receive many refuted photos...now this.10 cents is not business, is charity gays: Charity with gays that earn thousands and thousands of dollars a year.

29/500

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

all sales stopped.  
 

unfortunately I had to draw the only correct conclusion from this price policy.  Selling the work of others and not relinquishing them to the authors is unfair.  Pity!  I actually liked Shutterstock.  but that's not how you deal with your content creators that deliver the material your business is based on. 

if the policy has been revised and is fair for all parties, I will be happy to come back.  until then I will work with other partners on a fair basis.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, StockWithMe said:

Look, they try to bribe us now! I have disabled my account on the 12/06/2020 and now on 18/06/2020 all of the sudden I got this amount of money as a 'sale' on my account. Bunch of .... I will try to get to the bottom of that and try to get information on who bought this photo. I think it is illegal for them to just give me money like that without selling the actual photo to anyone. Let alone while my account is DISABLED!

WTF are they doing there now???!!!! This is really just a joke. We need to make a petition to make Stan Pavlovsky resign!!! This crap that we're into was decided as soon as he joined shutterstock. 

 

image.png.8e5cd65435ac924b4301e94428340dd1.png

What shutterstock is doing is illegal from my point of view. If a seller doesn't want to sell an image, then it is. Then shutterstock can't just sell it against your will.

Let's say you decided three days ago to sell exclusively to another agency. To be able to offer exclusively there, you have to make sure for legal reasons that your images can't be bought anywhere else, because otherwise you'd be acting illegally - you wouldn't keep your contract as an exclusive provider.

So you deactivate your portfolio with all other agencies. Everything done right.

Now the agency where you exclusively offer your image will see that it has just been sold on shutterstock. Then they will claim that you have breached your contract.

That simply can't happen. A "sales permission" is a crystal-clear statement! Shutterstock selling it anyway is illegal!!!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, stockphotofan1 said:

 

Start tagging my frigging uploads? I'm on it!

Hey,

There you are again!

Did you get the 38th download this month to complete your reliable statistics?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Wilm Ihlenfeld said:

Hey,

There you are again!

Did you get the 38th download this month to complete your reliable statistics?

 

Quite a bit beyond that now :) but not sure I need to educate you more at this time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, kallen1979 said:

So can anyone tell me how I disable my portfolio? To add to the pain of this new payment structure, the SS reviewers are back to doing weird things with their approvals of content. I'm pretty fed up with them.

I did a search on SS earlier today out of curiosity and found that most of the "fresh" content was of low quality I didn't think would be accepted... let alone come up at the top of fresh content. Where did all the top-notch contributors go? 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GregDPhotos said:

I did a search on SS earlier today out of curiosity and found that most of the "fresh" content was of low quality I didn't think would be accepted... let alone come up at the top of fresh content. Where did all the top-notch contributors go? 😉

Agree, not sure who would buy it. 

This is a fresh content submitted for the keyword 'new york, one of the most popular tourist destinations. I would think other keywords are not much better.

 

image.thumb.png.81f3f4753483ab902e2f90597d0ed358.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

These are awful.  Certainly not something anywhere near what they used to accept.  I looked at the new food and it made me nauseous (seriously).  To think how hard I worked on my images and then to see this crap is disgusting.  Doesn't SS realize customers will see this - do they really think it will tempt them to buy?  Something is up as to why they are trying to increase their numbers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, eskystudio said:

Agree, not sure who would buy it. 

This is a fresh content submitted for the keyword 'new york, one of the most popular tourist destinations. I would think other keywords are not much better.

 

image.thumb.png.81f3f4753483ab902e2f90597d0ed358.png

Check Denali National Park. Then do a Google image search for the same thing. Epic difference, IMHO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Si yo vendo una foto en un portal a 0,10 y en otro a 0,38 me estoy haciendo la competencia a mi mismo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

These assholes https://shopdiz.pro/user/login act as intermediaries between you and the buyers, they pay you to download any image only once, then they sell this image as many times as they like without paying you and us anything. Instead of fighting against sutch violators, you reduce our payments. 
This became known now when people have sales turned off, but buyers can still buy popular images from you through such intermediaries, because in fact they buy not from you, but from their database.
Your whole business is overgrown with many thieves, criminals and violators of the rules and laws, their name is legion but you don't care about that. This of course lowers your and our incomes, but instead of fighting this, you decided to restore your incomes at the expense of us, finally destroying us. Shame on you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The specifics of the microstock market is such that a flagship necessarily appears on it. And contributors upload their files to the site number 1, first of all. The rest of the microstock is a passive trailer in the wake.
If all microstock sites decide: “let someone else pay well, and we'll take advantage of that by grabbing cheap copies of files” (and no one wants to be the flagship), then the whole market will simply lose good authors. Quality will can only be found in outdated content.
So the future lies with a strong company that does its business not only through the sale of microstock files (and it means that a company can afford a small margin). The future company will enable professionals to work on exclusive terms, amateur content will be passed through a strict quality filter, but in the end it will pay a higher fee than other microstock sites. 
Shutterstock no longer wants to be the flagship. Well, okay. Let's see who will take on this respected function.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dmitry Pichugin said:

These assholes https://shopdiz.pro/user/login act as intermediaries between you and the buyers, they pay you to download any image only once, then they sell this image as many times as they like without paying you and us anything. Instead of fighting against sutch violators, you reduce our payments. 
This became known now when people have sales turned off, but buyers can still buy popular images from you through such intermediaries, because in fact they buy not from you, but from their database.
Your whole business is overgrown with many thieves, criminals and violators of the rules and laws, their name is legion but you don't care about that. This of course lowers your and our incomes, but instead of fighting this, you decided to restore your incomes at the expense of us, finally destroying us. Shame on you

If they are based in Russia then don't have to respect any copyright laws.  Nothing will be enforced.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...