Kate Shutterstock

New earnings structure for Contributors

2 hours ago, kostasgr said:

I wonder why to work for 10 cents... why so proffesional portfolios are on sale on shutterstock yet.

It better to be somedy a beglar...

I 's an extreme opinion?

Pretty sure they here for on demand, extended and single and others sales. 

9 hours ago, Przemek Iciak said:

Love your portfolio, real ART Very Cool!

Yes 10c for your work is a pure joke

Your portfolio is great, too. One of these "WOW" moments when I see it and makes me want to buy almost all your photos!  😍 Would not want to be a Shutterstock customer nowadays though....🤕 And being a contributor is not fun anymore either. I am only a mini contributor, but I think we all feel the same about this.

Congrats to me! My portfolio is now fully disabled! I disabled it a few days ago and since today no any image is available for sale (if we can say there are sales heppening on shutterstock, because it looks different with $0.10 commission, it looks like some kind of donation now and it is true, you can see on the main shutter page, they give downloads for FREE)! :)

Unfortunately, there are many authors who do not understand the situation and continue to upload new content. I do not presume to judge the quality of these new images, however, these actions ease the pressure on the administration of Shutterstock. I'd like to hope that potential buyers will be disappointed in the quality of the Shutterstock's content soon .

Just disabled my account, not that big 1980 Images and 220 Videos.. but they can get stuffed lol. I will continue uploading to Adobe

Meanwile the new CEO is silent and waiting. He thinks that he is dealing with a short burst of anger, and that authors will adapt to the imposed conditions. He did not understand that protesting photographers, videographers and artists simply gave him the last chance to eliminate his mistake.

The big boss don't understand that after this deafening protest, a quiet, time-stretched but massive outflow of contributors will begin. Just because a dealing with SS became unprofitable for them.

7 hours ago, futuristman said:

I gave the beggar $ 1 today. then I thought I lost 10 photos of myself in the SS. I don't pay any more beggars.

If you would give the beggar 10 cents even (s)he would be pissed. It would be not worth the effort sitting on the streets to get 10 cents. Let alone buy gear, travel and spend time uploading and keywording. 

First tried just disabling licenses in profile. Noticed after a couple or hours that my images are still visible when searching in database so proceeded to deleting sets and later askinf them to delete my pictures from the profile.

On 6/17/2020 at 3:15 PM, Lucian BOLCA said:

Hi guys, I just did my job. 

image.png.757d1fa6fe767755968d49cdedad408c.png

Very well done. I am also starting commenting on their Linkedin page this exact message:

"If anyone reads the comments and was interested in purchasing images from this site please consider other sites that actually respect the contributors providing the images. We will be very appreciative. In case you want more details ask yourself if 0.10$ for a downloaded image would be fair to you."

I have also fully disabled my portfolio. Not that big, about 1500 images (I joined a year and a half ago and did not have time for many uploads per month), but I will not reactivate and will not continue adding new material, before the situation is fixed.

1 hour ago, Jeroen Mikkers said:

If you would give the beggar 10 cents even (s)he would be pissed. It would be not worth the effort sitting on the streets to get 10 cents. Let alone buy gear, travel and spend time uploading and keywording. 

I agree with the bold text, but about beggars -not so much - beggars can't be choosers :) but let alone you are correct - even simple gas money is not worth of the trip:)

1 hour ago, oleskalashnik said:

Meanwile the new CEO is silent and waiting. He thinks that he is dealing with a short burst of anger, and that authors will adapt to the imposed conditions. He did not understand that protesting photographers, videographers and artists simply gave him the last chance to eliminate his mistake.

The big boss don't understand that after this deafening protest, a quiet, time-stretched but massive outflow of contributors will begin. Just because a dealing with SS became unprofitable for them.

totally agree as soon as we settle accounts elsewhere, it will take time but it will happen

I have deactivated my account as well. Only a small portfolio of nearly 1.000 images but tired of the 10 cent insults. At the moment I am earning more each day at Adobe than probably in a full month at Shutterstock.

On 6/2/2020 at 10:29 AM, Mirko Rosenau said:

How do I deactivate/delete my contributor account?

We provide the options below to deactivate/delete your contributor account:

Opting out of sales (recommended option)
Opting out of sales will remove your content from online display, but keeps your account active and ensures that your earnings payment will be made when you reach the minimum payout level. Your referral earnings will also continue to accumulate. Opting in or out of sales allows you to quickly reinstate your previously approved content if you decide to return to Shutterstock in the future.

To opt out of sales, log into your account and navigate to the Account Settings page from the drop-down menu under your name in the top right corner of the page. Scroll down to the section How can we license your work? and select No for the sales options.

Deleting your account
You have the right to access and correct, or delete your Personal Information and privacy preferences at any time. You can immediately change your profile here or request a deletion of your personal information from our privacy team - Privacy@shutterstock.com. Deleting your account will permanently remove your content from online display, bar access to your account and participation in our forums. You can find detailed information on our Privacy Policy.

•  

On 6/18/2020 at 6:17 AM, Jekurantodistaja said:

I also deactivated my small portfolio and by doing so I want to show my support to this justified "industrial action". This 0,10 cents nonsense and way it was communicated to us is just utter disrespect to the very hand that feeds their bottomless greed. I also extended upload embargo to Bigstock and advise others do the same. Stay strong!

Thank You!

On 6/17/2020 at 7:20 PM, stockphotofan1 said:

LOL, utterly bizarre opinion. I guess boogeymanning is what some do when others disagree with them, eh? :)

Can this guy STFU already? Who is this idiot?

Look, they try to bribe us now! I have disabled my account on the 12/06/2020 and now on 18/06/2020 all of the sudden I got this amount of money as a 'sale' on my account. Bunch of .... I will try to get to the bottom of that and try to get information on who bought this photo. I think it is illegal for them to just give me money like that without selling the actual photo to anyone. Let alone while my account is DISABLED!

WTF are they doing there now???!!!! This is really just a joke. We need to make a petition to make Stan Pavlovsky resign!!! This crap that we're into was decided as soon as he joined shutterstock. 

image.png.8e5cd65435ac924b4301e94428340dd1.png

Just now, stockphotofan1 said:

Start tagging my frigging uploads? I'm on it!

Just leave dude, you're not needed in this topic. Go somewhere where you can thrive and tell your little fairy tales.