Kate Shutterstock

New earnings structure for Contributors

2 hours ago, PlopandShoot said:

The poster is one of the organizers and that they felt comfortable saying that, tells me a tonne about how things might go within that group in the future if it gained traction

I hear you, valid point and I'm not happy with wording.

There is another way to look at it, and this is what i meant by context. It can be just growing pains, emotions are running high, they are extremely busy and didn't think the wording through.

I think you are taking it a bit over the edge with far reaching conclusions. Time will tell but at this point I'd rather let it slide.

It's a personal choice and I respect yours.

On 6/17/2020 at 9:46 AM, Przemek Iciak said:

If someone got photo from Alamy he will have to pay similar money here for the same license, when I got here $100 you can only imagine how much customer had to pay for it. 

But if customer finds here your photo for cheap.. yes he will buy here but you are the reason that happen by uploading here the photo and than blaming saturated stock photo market makes no sence. And customer actualy cant buy your cheapper photo here because its not possible to buy single photo here without buying subscryption for multiple photos.

Everyone do what need to do but to make your decision right get to know the facts first. I saw growth here while my Adobe sales started to drop and I was earning there more than here. Logic action from me is stop uploading here as on Adobe i sell very similar photos and see in couple months how it will impact Adobe sales. Why you think like if you skip upload to SS now the photos will be gone and unable to upload here ever again. Do what you think but I won't give my photos here as Adobe pay me 36c for sub and subs aren't that popular there and here SS basicly lives on subs. Remember if buyer buy 750photos per month and downloads only 100 of yours you get 100x10c rest of subscription money goes to the SS. 

and your point is?  

8 minutes ago, PlopandShoot said:

Ultimately, I think some of us will have better success forming smaller groups of a dozen or so hard working contributors and forming their own (high quality & high quantity) collections to negotiate with. 

Can you expand on why/how this might work?
(I remember Yuri Acuris tried and it didn't work for him. At the time he was the king of microstock earnings with realy big quality collection)

24 minutes ago, PlopandShoot said:

Ultimately, I think some of us will have better success forming smaller groups of a dozen or so hard working contributors and forming their own (high quality & high quantity) collections to negotiate with. 

That's actually the same thing that I was thinking about.

1 hour ago, Dan Hanscom said:

and your point is?  

Make your decision, but be sure that is right for you. I personally still not sure what i do at the end, but something i think i can try is upload new content to Adobe only and see if there will be any spike with the sales in coming months. That would give me indication that as buyers cant find my photos on SS move to buy it there. And as same photo sells there for me average for 1 Euro. I will benefit in long run greatly. 

I've been here since Feb 2007 and have 201,000 downloads on Shutterstock......I stopped posting new images about 6 years ago because I went from 100% acceptance rate to 10% making it impossible to add new content.. I decided to start adding more content again....then I saw this post. No Thank You... I'm not sure I understand the up side to this program. I'm already seeing less money from this program.

18 minutes ago, Erik D said:

I've been here since Feb 2007 and have 201,000 downloads on Shutterstock......I stopped posting new images about 6 years ago because I went from 100% acceptance rate to 10% making it impossible to add new content.. I decided to start adding more content again....then I saw this post. No Thank You... I'm not sure I understand the up side to this program. I'm already seeing less money from this program.

Love your portfolio, real ART Very Cool!

Yes 10c for your work is a pure joke

9 dakika önce, graphicline dedi:

• Is 2500 your all times sales or your sales total since 1sr January 2020? Levels are calculated from the beginning of each year. IF YOU EXPECT THE LEVEL JUMP, YOU'RE GOOD TO KNOW THAT.

•  

Satışlarım 17.06.2020 tarihinde 2500'ü aştı. ama hala 4. seviyedeyim.

5 hours ago, Tony Dunn said:

how about this letter to them? 

Dear management of Shutterstock

How dare you cut the already low amounts paid to contributors now minimum 10c a download are you joking? It wouldn't even cover the electricity for my computer! We live in a democracy which means If you do not reinstate the old system popular with most contributors, you should give them the option to close their accounts and be paid any outstanding balances owed by you regardless of how little they have earned. Contributors have to buy often expensive equipment to produce their submitted work. yet alone travel costs for many (including me) which I would need to do to submit enough work. I don't mind corporations making a profit BUT NOT AT THE EXPENSE OF OTHERS IN THE BUSINESS.  To qualify for higher payment rates for downloaded work, submitters would have to do unacceptable amounts of work & do so within a year if you are resetting every Jan 1st. This is a warning: If you do not let contributors quit and get paid even if they are not at the payment threshold, you will be reported to the relevant authority for unfair trading practices or Legal action may be taken. You cannot trap contributors into submitting endless work just to qualify for higher rates in your unacceptable new payment regime. You also do this amid the COVID 19 pandemic when many experienced photographers etc (who are mostly self-employed) have already suffered greatly reduced incomes: no weddings or photoshoots etc. Ignore contributors at your peril.

yours

Disable portfolio.  8-10 million images are estimated to have been taken offline in protest.

I wonder why to work for 10 cents... why so proffesional portfolios are on sale on shutterstock yet.

It better to be somedy a beglar...

I 's an extreme opinion?

2 hours ago, Working Title Productions said:

Disable portfolio.  8-10 million images are estimated to have been taken offline in protest.

only earned just over $5 will try to disable but don't know how

1 hour ago, kostasgr said:

I wonder why to work for 10 cents... why so proffesional portfolios are on sale on shutterstock yet.

It better to be somedy a beglar...

I 's an extreme opinion?

LOL! people can get more money busking or begging