Kate Shutterstock

New earnings structure for Contributors

9 minutes ago, stockphotofan1 said:

Since your opinions don't pay me, I'm not too concerned. :) They are amusing me though!

I know what/who pays you, and not exactly for your great photos. 

However,  I'm sure your great earnings will allow you some manicure and dietologist too. If you improve, maybe one day you even get to have a friend and a bit of social life. It's a nice thing.

But, the topic you're trying to distract us is "new earnings structure for contributors". The short of the 6000 messages is: Justin Smith has great sales, the others have mostly downloads at 0.10 USD

4 hours ago, Adam__K said:

Wish you a great life and not to spam too much, it's distracting from the main topic 

Could you be so kind and take your own advice and stop spamming this forum with personal attacks and toxic comments directed to others.

That would greatly improve quality of discussion about main topic.

Thank You Very Very Much

8 minutes ago, Przemek Iciak said:

Could you be so kind and take your own advice and stop spamming this forum with personal attacks and toxic comments directed to others.

That would greatly improve quality of discussion about main topic.

Thank You Very Very Much

Thanks for your suggestion, but please stop quoting me. I'm here from the first day of the new earning system, you appeared in the conversation just 2 days ago, read all the messages before. And do not ever quote me again. Let's see if you're able to. 

All that time since 1st June I had some hope that something will change but I see that it turned in some kind of donation I'm not ready to. As a top on the cake I see on the main shutter page that they offer free downloads now... So.. now words to say... 

7 hours ago, Holly Kuchera said:

Okay.....?

.17.jpg

Wow! Impressing!

Again an example for the great "earnings potential" at shutterstcok!

That's just incredible. There's zero transparency! There's no accounting for it.

At level 4 you get 30%. That means the buyer paid $0.57 for an OD.

I'm really sorry you haven't reached level 5 or 6 yet. Imagine: there would have been an impressive 20 cents and 23 cents respectively.

You should upload, upload, upload. Then this is really worth it for you. Imagine: 3 cents or even 6 cents more. It's good for motivation, right?

7 hours ago, stockphotofan1 said:

There's no On Demand at Level 4 for that amount from my understanding. Here's an unofficial pay table I constructed based on publicly available package prices (for US buyer) and level percentages for photos/videos.

shutterstock_unofficial_pay.thumb.jpg.b0b2d8a3b73987261694b34b166d0439.jpg

Hey,

even though I had already shown you the link, and even though you ignored it: Here you will find the right numbers. Here you have food for your unofficial table.  It will be bigger than the holy bible, when it's finished.

Here you will find reality!

Chy was so nice to put it together for you and all contributors who are interested:

https://forums.submit.shutterstock.com/topic/100381-the-variety-of-sub-and-odd-sales/

7 hours ago, stockphotofan1 said:

I would guess it is just a Subscription being miscategorized as an On Demand, but you would obviously need to ask Shutterstock about it and see what they tell you.

Did you?

At the moment you can ask shutterstock what you want. I already did so, because I couldn't understand my earning for an enhanced. Here is the answer. The answer that Holly would get as well:

"Hi Wilm,

We hear your concern with the new earnings structure changes. If your content is purchased at a discounted price, you will receive a percentage consistent with your earnings level based on the discounted license value received by Shutterstock.

Additionally, Shutterstock is further investing resources into new programs and channels that drive new opportunities and earnings models, such as API integrations and partnerships with leading creative and social platforms.

You can learn more about it on the following link https://www.shutterstock.com/blog/contributor-earnings-update

If you have any other concerns, please feel free to contact us anytime.

Thanks,
Anuj
Shutterstock Contributor Care Team"

26 minutes ago, Roberto Castillo said:

linkedin shutterstock new jobs

kate,  are you still here with us?

image.thumb.png.09a3d41171035b4f8a0feb2577bb9e46.png 

If she has any ethics, she has already left ;)

Soon we may have Justin Shutterstock, he represents the values of the company 

I have deactivated my portfolio in June 15th. All the sals stopped at that moment. 
However couple hours ago somehow  I’ve sold an image! 

Surprise! 👐🏼 They not only steal from us, they generously share a plunder!

Shutterstock, can you explain this amazing fact?

C68C41CE-45A2-4C2B-A47E-291F2D42FCF9.png

On 5/26/2020 at 4:47 PM, blvdone said:

Never seen an agency RESET number of sales every year.  This is disgusting.  What a scam.  New CEO must be a horrible person.  Pure evil.

you lot who call yourselves the management of shutterstock. Yes I'm talking to you .It seems that contributors do not understand your new (nerdy) payment structure. Pay people decent rates or your site is going to be reported for unfair trading practises. It's a definite abuse of power. We need unions for self employed people or don't they have that in US?. With COVID 19 it's made photographers lives very hard, no weddings photoshoots etc.in many countries. SS don't have a clue they seem to just live in a bubble.

Just deactivated my 5100 images... Funny I use to make 6 figures with TIB (The Image Bank) back in the day. Took me years to decide to finally go with MS after TIB numbers dropped during the Klein years. Photography now is a sideline. Luckily for me I invested in the stock market years ago. I can make more in a DAY in the stock market than a year in stock photography. After this "new and improved" pricing schedule I'll just upload to AS and AL. Just wish AS would upgrade to exclusive images and charge accordingly. I have over 100,000 images on my hard drives that no one else has ever seen (nor ever will see) because it's just not financially feasible any longer to get them out there.

Look carefully at the numbers in your portfolio! I have suddenly increased the number of images by 600, yesterday it was 7800, and today it is 8560. This error occurs only for me or did the SS start cheating with numbers?

3 hours ago, PlopandShoot said:

You lost me here. I have no intention joining a group that would say something like this. My portfolio is off Shutterstock because business-wise and ethically it makes no sense for me to stay. Rest assured if it did, I would stay. If my income drops further, I will put all 12k of my images on a free site. Who the fuc*k are you to tell hardworking people where they 'must" make their money?

I see little difference between this kind of attitude and the "take or leave it" attitude of the execs are Shutterstock. 

Its just a paragraph out of a pretty long explanation. It should be read in context. But then again, if you feel srtongly against it, sure, no problem at all.
Regardless of anything, its great you stand up against the payment schedule, it takes a lot fo courage to disable your port!

1 hour ago, SaliVit said:

Look carefully at the numbers in your portfolio! I have suddenly increased the number of images by 600, yesterday it was 7800, and today it is 8560. This error occurs only for me or did the SS start cheating with numbers?

Another user had seen that previously rejected images were suddenly "approved" and appearing in their portfolio. Could that be what has occurred in your case?

A way to boost the total numbers as portfolios are flying out the door :)

27 minutes ago, Jo Ann Snover said:

Другой пользователь видел, что ранее отклоненные изображения были внезапно «одобрены» и появились в их портфолио. Может ли это быть тем, что произошло в вашем случае?

Способ увеличить общее количество, поскольку портфели летят за дверь:)

Old images are deleted after 3 weeks. New inventions have not appeared, and the number has increased by 10%.

28 minutes ago, Jo Ann Snover said:

Another user had seen that previously rejected images were suddenly "approved" and appearing in their portfolio. Could that be what has occurred in your case?

A way to boost the total numbers as portfolios are flying out the door :)

Old images are deleted after 3 weeks. New inventions have not appeared, and the number has increased by 10%.

Recent sales have been so low in value that I am forced to consider stopping sales at your service.

Unfortunately.

Shutterstock has been good in the past, but is now going badly.

I cannot finance the equipment with such small fees. I will move to other offices as a content producer.

11 hours ago, Adam__K said:

Thanks for your suggestion, but please stop quoting me. I'm here from the first day of the new earning system, you appeared in the conversation just 2 days ago, read all the messages before. And do not ever quote me again. Let's see if you're able to. 

To be honest the comments about the food were quite funny.  That food was not looking good at all.

6 hours ago, Grinbox said:

I have deactivated my portfolio in June 15th. All the sals stopped at that moment. 
However couple hours ago somehow  I’ve sold an image! 

Surprise! 👐🏼 They not only steal from us, they generously share a plunder!

Shutterstock, can you explain this amazing fact?

C68C41CE-45A2-4C2B-A47E-291F2D42FCF9.png

It takes some time to deactivate port, it could be something that sold in that period refreshed on your account.

But if I would be you i would ask Shutterstock how that happen and ask about actual proof that was sold to client at date before deactivation . Selling someones photo without permission isnt legal so you should not leave it like this and move on.