Kate Shutterstock

New earnings structure for Contributors

Hey! Can anyone tell me if the ShutterStock is already positioned on this subject? I'm from Brazil and it is difficult to follow in English.

I'm really nervous about needing so many downloads to arrive in 1 dollar!

WTF

10 minutes ago, Billy333 said:

It says it still has "969.833 new stock images added weekly."

Does it mean somebody is ok with all that happening? I do not see any reason to upload any image. Thinking of disabling my portfoio.

If everyone agrees, they have no reason to return.

I already see other topics with jokes about "What is the favorite image", as if nothing was happening

... well, nothing is going to happen.

9 hours ago, Studio 2 said:

Yep I always read @Wilm Ihlenfeld s posts. He should write a book. Title anyone? Maybe 'the day Sstock fell under the weight of contributor rebellion'. Maybe not catchy enough 😊

Oh, thank you too, Debbie!

But my passion is images, not writing. That is taking too much time.

9 hours ago, Przemek Iciak said:

My earnings dipped 60% with couple % increase of  downloads compering to last 5 months. But i didnt sell any extended licenses yet witch is odd as i sell few every month. Could be a just a bad month. But if old model would be still on i would have around 20% more of earnings. Im level 5 and if i wont deactivate my port will be level 6 next month...

BUT i dont see reason to upload anymore to SS as i earn couple times more on Adobe for the same photos. And January is for me braking point, till then if i see increase in downloads on the other sites there is no reason to stay here and give my work basically for free.

Everyone's situation is different, im right now between jobs and need every $ i can get. If not this i would delete my port first day after changes and wouldn't be on this forum even once.

Still hoping to get some decent sales this month. 

BTW i could use couple of tips from buyer haha. Stock photography isnt Shutterstock only and I would be happy to use those tips for my improvement.

Przemek,

to achieve 25,000 sold images in July is impressive. Even more impressive is your fantastic portfolio!

If someone like you - and some others here at a comparable level - has 20% less income due to the new model, then for me this is further proof that it doesn't matter what level you've reached - all levels have losses. This is how it was certainly calculated by shutterstock.

It is, as mentioned several times, the proof that shutterstock rhetoric ("earning potential") and actual income (earning) have nothing to do with each other in reality. That's just fine talk. Worthless. A statistical lie.

9 hours ago, Przemek Iciak said:

BTW i could use couple of tips from buyer haha. Stock photography isnt Shutterstock only and I would be happy to use those tips for my improvement.

When my agency has bought a 5 pack On Demand from shutterstock, they had to pay 16% more than the 5 pack On Demand at Adobe Stock. We only buy On Demand - no subscription packages.

At Shutterstock, the level 4 contributor was paid 5 x 2.85 US$ = 5 x 2.53 Euro. At Adobe Stock, the contributor was paid 5 x 3.30 euros.

23.4% less for the contributor at shutterstock with 16% more for the agency. That's how it was with the old model.

How it looks like with the new model doesn't interest me, because my agency will no longer buy images from Shutterstock.

So if you weren't already offering images at Adobe Stock, this would have been my tip as a buyer for better revenue. But you don't need that tip since you are already there.

10 hours ago, Przemek Iciak said:

BTW, this guy offers a buyers tip to a lot of people...  unprompted.
Considering his trolling habbits I would be a little bit suspicious, but it is your call of course.
There we other trolls on this forum offering paid consultation ot courses over private PM messaging as well, unfortunately, it happens.

31 minutes ago, eskystudio said:

BTW, this guy offers a buyers tip to a lot of people...  unprompted.
Considering his trolling habbits I would be a little bit suspicious, but it is your call of course.
There we other trolls on this forum offering paid consultation ot courses over private PM messaging as well, unfortunately, it happens.

Thanks for your concern, but I'm not that naive and I can distinguish a helpfull tip from a scam, and always happy to hear what others have to say. But paid consultations sounds ridiculous especially in times where we have so much free info online...

Thanks anyway 

6 hours ago, Jenson said:

I'm sure I won't leave SS at present, because it's the most profitable download

You have a really nice collection of images in your portfolio.  It seems such a shame to sell them for .10.

27 minutes ago, Przemek Iciak said:

Thanks for your concern, but I'm not that naive and I can distinguish a helpfull tip from a scam, and always happy to hear what others have to say. But paid consultations sounds ridiculous especially in times where we have so much free info online...

Thanks anyway 

Hm... I didn't mean to question yuur abilities. My aplogoes af it came out like this.

2 hours ago, Wilm Ihlenfeld said:

When my agency has bought a 5 pack On Demand from shutterstock, they had to pay 16% more than the 5 pack On Demand at Adobe Stock. We only buy On Demand - no subscription packages.

At Shutterstock, the level 4 contributor was paid 5 x 2.85 US$ = 5 x 2.53 Euro. At Adobe Stock, the contributor was paid 5 x 3.30 euros.

23.4% less for the contributor at shutterstock with 16% more for the agency. That's how it was with the old model.

How it looks like with the new model doesn't interest me, because my agency will no longer buy images from Shutterstock.

So if you weren't already offering images at Adobe Stock, this would have been my tip as a buyer for better revenue. But you don't need that tip since you are already there.

That is actually great tip for me as i plan to focus on Adobe and did stop uploading to Shutterstock. Its very motivating to hear the buyer side.

What i see is that i sell very similar content on both sites AS and SS and till January on both sites my earnings were growing evenly and after January earnings on SS skyrocketed and Adobe slowly started to drop.

What I thinking is was that buyers searched cheapest price and found my photos on SS to be somehow better option. My enhanced license sales on AS started to drop and on SS growing. So now i will see if im right or just delusional 😄 

Another thing about microstock is that some months earnings drops out of nowhere and next coming back up, i went through it every year and for example last year June dipped for me on SS 50%. Time will show but for now no uploads on SS and will see if that will impact my Adobe sales in coming months.

Thank you for the Tip

13 minutes ago, eskystudio said:

Hm... I didn't mean to question yuur abilities. My aplogoes af it came out like this.

I didn't meant it that way, and my "Thank you anyway" wasn't sarcastic or malignant.

Just pointed out im aware and can recognise a scam, and lets be honest some people cant and will trust in everything they hear.

No apologises needed and no offence taken. Just misunderstanding due my poor wording.

4 hours ago, Adam__K said:

Just don't believe to everybody that is offering you help on sales through this forum. Seems these people are still on the old earning system and may be working for SS

I see his comments as a personal opinion which he is entailed to like all of us and 100% agree with his replay to Shutterstock  i think on page 230 about Levelling and subscription commission. Why would I dont want to believe to someone saying he can give me a tip or advice ? If its bad tip to bad, If good than great i take it.

3 hours ago, Brunassaraiva said:

If everyone agrees, they have no reason to return.

I already see other topics with jokes about "What is the favorite image", as if nothing was happening

... well, nothing is going to happen.

Some people behave as if nothing is happening, but not everyone. The SS collection is diminishing slowly but surely. That means many of contributors do not accept.

5 hours ago, djdarkflower said:

I blocked my 2010 vector images. I want to go back the way it was before. You should pay us properly and not pay us off at 10-20 cents. It should at least be as much as it used to be.

We should offer our content only to companies that treat their contributors fair! Shutterstock seem to forget that they have nothing to sell without us. 

I encourage everyone to do the same, turn OFF you portfolio and focus on places where you are treated right! I understand that "Turning OFF"  may be difficult, because missing sales, but if we stay and let this happen, Shutterstock is getting away with it. The next problem would be that other platforms see that contributors are ok with 10 cents and may adopt the same pricing model. That would end for earnings in this business.  

On 6/2/2020 at 10:29 AM, Mirko Rosenau said:

How do I deactivate/delete my contributor account? 

Opting out of sales (recommended option)
Opting out of sales will remove your content from online display, but keeps your account active and ensures that your earnings payment will be made when you reach the minimum payout level. Your referral earnings will also continue to accumulate. Opting in or out of sales allows you to quickly reinstate your previously approved content if you decide to return to Shutterstock in the future.

To opt out of sales, log into your account and navigate to the Account Settings page from the drop-down menu under your name in the top right corner of the page. Scroll down to the section How can we license your work? and select No for the sales options.

Deleting your account
You have the right to access and correct, or delete your Personal Information and privacy preferences at any time. You can immediately change your profile here or request a deletion of your personal information from our privacy team - Privacy@shutterstock.com. Deleting your account will permanently remove your content from online display, bar access to your account and participation in our forums. You can find detailed information on our Privacy Policy.

•  

Shutterstock, you've got something wrong. This is not the middle ages. Each of us has the freedom to leave you. All of us are free people, not slaves. It's sad to see my deactivated portfolio disappear, but you left me no choice!

1 hour ago, samoyloff said:

A follow-up to my yesterday's post where I have reported that 425.600+ vector illustrations were removed from Shutterstock in just one day, June 15th.

Here's another great achievement made possible by the current Shutterstock management. 996.200+ vector illustrations removed by authors on June 16th. Almost 1.5m vectors gone in just two days. Keep it up, brothers and sisters. Show them who really makes this company work. It's you, the authors, not these hypocrites in the Empire State building.

Source: https://m-rank.net/?key=stat

image.png.835b8bf495403183a8e4e42a239cd2fa.png

Protest has just begun .......