Kate Shutterstock

New earnings structure for Contributors

On 6/16/2020 at 7:51 AM, Przemek Iciak said:

My earnings dipped 60% with couple % increase of  downloads compering to last 5 months. But i didnt sell any extended licenses yet witch is odd as i sell few every month. Could be a just a bad month. But if old model would be still on i would have around 20% more of earnings. Im level 5 and if i wont deactivate my port will be level 6 next month...

BUT i dont see reason to upload anymore to SS as i earn couple times more on Adobe for the same photos. And January is for me braking point, till then if i see increase in downloads on the other sites there is no reason to stay here and give my work basically for free.

Everyone's situation is different, im right now between jobs and need every $ i can get. If not this i would delete my port first day after changes and wouldn't be on this forum even once.

Still hoping to get some decent sales this month. 

BTW i could use couple of tips from buyer haha. Stock photography isnt Shutterstock only and I would be happy to use those tips for my improvement.

Thomas will reply again with the answer that black is actually white based on his 'mathematical models'.

Я отключил мое портфолио изображений. Я не согласен с новой ценовой политикой. Нет 10 центов

three sales today so far and if this were normal times, i would  have made .99 for all three, instead i earned .35 total.  so far this new earnings structure is not benefiting me.  pretty sad.  at least i am earning more on other stock sites.    

11 minutes ago, Dan Hanscom said:

three sales today so far and if this were normal times, i would  have made .99 for all three, instead i earned .35 total.  so far this new earnings structure is not benefiting me.  pretty sad.  at least i am earning more on other stock sites.    

And if your images would be available ONLY on other stock sites, you would earn even more, since you wouldn't be in concurrence with yourself with cheap SS photos on SS. We need to understand that 

16 minutes ago, Dan Hanscom said:

So help me understand why do you still support Shuterstock? 

1 hour ago, eskystudio said:

There were numerous reports here and on social networks that SS offered higher rates to some contributors. I'm starting to think he is one if them and returns the favor by trolling in this forum.

That sounds very realistic also because the trolls supporting SS were insisting about their improved earnings, but at the same time refusing to show their earnings breakdown. 

Me too, I will leave.

Actually I've never been happy with Shutterstock but... this is certainly too much of an abuse so I'll stop sending my work  to these exploitative people.

Can it be worse? Hardly. But no, I will not wait to confirm it. I think I prefer to escape before the total crash.

I'm sure there will be other ways... Smarter people that will really value all the effort behind each image.

Adios

49 minutes ago, Adam__K said:

And if your images would be available ONLY on other stock sites, you would earn even more, since you wouldn't be in concurrence with yourself with cheap SS photos on SS. We need to understand that 

Bull's eye..I wouldn't say it better!!

Hm... So inspired, guys... I'm inspired now for deleting all my works from here in a month if there won't be any changes... You definitely supported all of your contributors in this hard time, bravo!

1 hour ago, Adam__K said:

Apparently my performance on AS was tied directly to my SS contributions. The same day my SS deactivation took effect, my AS earnings (which were better than SS) nearly disappeared and haven't recovered.

1 minute ago, GregDPhotos said:

Apparently my performance on AS was tied directly to my SS contributions. The same day my SS deactivation took effect, my AS earnings (which were better than SS) nearly disappeared and haven't recovered.

My sales in June are awful everywhere. 

But, you have to look it long term. 

In my case, I have the least downloads on Alamy. Some photos sell just once in two years, but with a revenue over 220 USD each. This is like 2200 SS downloads on SS.

What I say, if I sell on SS where customer can buy the same photo for 9 dollars, it is unlikely that this photo will be sold on Alamy. But if there's no such content on SS, customer that wants it will need to pay much higher on Alamy (and I will get more than making concurrence to myself selling also on SS). 

9 minutes ago, Amir Bajric said:

fuck it :) in my life shutterstock is becoming a thing of the past

You know how they say, "za mene mogu i da crknu" 😉

1 minute ago, Amir Bajric said:

upravu si,ko ih jebe,mogu vladati svijetom sa mnom neće

A ono sto su nam ukrali, nek im bude za doktora

I blocked my 2010 vector images. I want to go back the way it was before. You should pay us properly and not pay us off at 10-20 cents. It should at least be as much as it used to be.

2 hours ago, Adam__K said:

Right. And there is another important reason to leave (which, of course, was already mentioned here, but worth to be mentioned again): if contributors do not leave SS, the other microstocks will do what SS did. SS is the biggest (for now) so the other microstocks will follow it if they see that the trick worked out. I would like to believe that some fair CEOs would never do such an infamous thing, but it looks like business has little to do with fairness.

2 minutes ago, djdarkflower said:

I blocked my 2010 vector images. I want to go back the way it was before.

I really don't want to go back. 

No one of my sales is worth 0.10 but i had time to think, neither only 0.38

6 hours ago, Przemek Iciak said:

My earnings dipped 60% with couple % increase of  downloads compering to last 5 months. But i didnt sell any extended licenses yet witch is odd as i sell few every month. Could be a just a bad month. But if old model would be still on i would have around 20% more of earnings. Im level 5 and if i wont deactivate my port will be level 6 next month...

BUT i dont see reason to upload anymore to SS as i earn couple times more on Adobe for the same photos. And January is for me braking point, till then if i see increase in downloads on the other sites there is no reason to stay here and give my work basically for free.

Everyone's situation is different, im right now between jobs and need every $ i can get. If not this i would delete my port first day after changes and wouldn't be on this forum even once.

Still hoping to get some decent sales this month. 

BTW i could use couple of tips from buyer haha. Stock photography isnt Shutterstock only and I would be happy to use those tips for my improvement.

Sure! I'll send you a pm a little later ;)

14 minutes ago, Natwood said:

Right. And there is another important reason to leave (which, of course, was already mentioned here, but worth to be mentioned again): if contributors do not leave SS, the other microstocks will do what SS did. SS is the biggest (for now) so the other microstocks will follow it if they see that the trick worked out. I would like to believe that some fair CEOs would never do such an infamous thing, but it looks like business has little to do with fairness.

We should be paid properly, I mean. I will more money and not 10-20 cent. I will old pay system with min 0,38 USD or higher.

2 minutes ago, djdarkflower said:

We should be paid properly, I mean.

What Natwood is saying is that you will never be paid properly if you don't fight for it. If you continue to sell, you're giving the right to SS to give you 0.10, and this gives the right to other agencies to think they can do the same... 

14 hours ago, Swill Klitch said:

2 millions of vectors are down now. And counting. Still no official response from Shutterstock? Really? Guys, are you even alive?

Maybe they all took the express elevators to the observation deck 😄🤨.

2 minutes ago, to227 said:

Maybe they all took the express elevators to the observation deck 😄🤨.

If so, now it's time to jump