Kate Shutterstock

New earnings structure for Contributors

4 minutes ago, Thomas Andreas said:

agreed with stockphotofan1 approaches in mathematics and graphs because they are mathematically accurate

Matematically accurate over 29 sales in 10 days. Let's be complete with the information. 

He's not shutterstock with the millions of sales. And he has never shown any detail of them. All his statistics was based on real 29 sales, of which we don't know the real breakdown of the earnings. It can be mathematically totally accurate, but not representative of anything 

4 minutes ago, Adam__K said:

Let's say you've got an enhanced photo published in Forbes, and you've got 30 dollars in June. 

You agree that Forbes can buy the same image in may, at the same price but you get 15 dollars for it? 

Explain us why that is fair. 

Didn't you notice that Level 5, EL actually increased 5%? So in what calculation do you think that $30 + 5% makes $15? ...

9 minutes ago, Adam__K said:

Matematically accurate over 29 sales in 10 days. Let's be complete with the information. 

Yeah, they keep using this 'scientific' approach for scientifically unproven data.
Another great argument was that 3% of votes is enough to predict an election resutl (we've seen how this played out for Hilary), and the next weird assumtion based on the previous erroneous statement is - so 3% of days in the month with the new system is enoigh to make correct predictions for future earnings. 
I'm not even sure what to tell them - go back to school, learn mathematics, or just stop trolling.
Since none of the previous options would work, the only one that I see working - is keeping my sanity and placing them on the ignore list.

I'm saying it again because we need to repeat and insist.

I disabled the sales of my images. I hope we'll all do the same, big or small players. We must unite and stop this abusive corporate behavior.

WE MUST ALL DO THIS. COME ON PEOPLE, WE CAN.

4 minutes ago, Adam__K said:

He's not shutterstock with the millions of sales. And he has never shown any detail of them. All his statistics was based on real 29 sales, of which we don't know the real breakdown of the earnings. It can be mathematically totally accurate, but not representative of anything 

He is accurate for himself with his 29 sales and he also produced a model that compared low level performance based on random distribution of clients. You could check it since it's hopeful actually.

2 minutes ago, Thomas Andreas said:

Didn't you notice that Level 5, EL actually increased 5%? So in what calculation do you think that $30 + 5% makes $15? ...

Let's not make rhetoric and reformulate the question: are you ok to get 35% now and 15% in January for the same photo that is sold to the same customer at the same price?

Are you ok that in January shutterstock takes much bigger percent for themselves? 

If you move away from the topic again, it will be clear you're a trolllll

1 minute ago, Thomas Andreas said:

He is accurate for himself with his 29 sales and he also produced a model that compared low level performance based on random distribution of clients. You could check it since it's hopeful actually.

His random distribution system is not respecting my reality at all. 

100 % of 0.10 sales, and I had more sales than him before disabling portfolio. 

As with my case, it seems that his perfect mathematic model is not reflecting the reality of most contributors. 

Just now, Adam__K said:

Let's not make rhetoric and reformulate the question: are you ok to get 35% now and 15% in January for the same photo that is sold to the same customer at the same price?

Are you ok that in January shutterstock takes much bigger percent for themselves? 

If you move away from the topic again, it will be clear you're a trolllll

The short answer is no, because I too value my retention and I would be pro-12-month average. The long answer I've written in page 223 I think.

Just now, Thomas Andreas said:

The short answer is no, because I too value my retention and I would be pro-12-month average. The long answer I've written in page 223 I think.

Yes you did. It's more than clear

Just now, Adam__K said:

His random distribution system is not respecting my reality at all. 

100 % of 0.10 sales, and I had more sales than him before disabling portfolio. 

As with my case, it seems that his perfect mathematic model is not reflecting the reality of most contributors. 

Did you save a screenshot of your port since you deactivated and I can't see what the heck you are selling? I am also a buyer of stock and could maybe help you out with a couple of tips. For real.

Just now, Thomas Andreas said:

Did you save a screenshot of your port since you deactivated and I can't see what the heck you are selling? I am also a buyer of stock and could maybe help you out with a couple of tips. For real.

Thanks for the help. I sell well elsewhere, it's just a matter of principle. 

Can't show you my portfolio but you can say to Stan i can send it to him. 

If you really appreciate stockphotofan1's work, i don't think you're able to help me.

Just now, Adam__K said:

Thanks for the help. I sell well elsewhere, it's just a matter of principle. 

Can't show you my portfolio but you can say to Stan i can send it to him. 

If you really appreciate stockphotofan1's work, i don't think you're able to help me.

Goodnight and good luck.

2 hours ago, kokixx said:

I'm saying it again because we need to repeat and insist.

I disabled the sales of my images. I hope we'll all do the same, big or small players. We must unite and stop this abusive corporate behavior.

WE MUST ALL DO THIS. COME ON PEOPLE, WE CAN.

Thanks Kokixx!   I took mine already down June 2nd.  With 10 cents earning per picture nobody can pay the cost for creating the content.  

6 minutes ago, Swill Klitch said:

Şimdi 2 milyon vektör azaldı. Ve sayılıyor. Shutterstock'dan hala resmi bir yanıt yok mu? Gerçekten mi? Çocuklar, hayatta mısınız?

Hi; I'm uploading to adobe stock.

3 minutes ago, Mirko Rosenau said:

Hey, Adobe satışlarının arttığını fark eden oldu mu? 

It will increase. content buyers will gradually get there in a year. because the content is going there quickly.

2 minutes ago, graphicline said:

It will increase. content buyers will gradually get there in a year. because the content is going there quickly.

Very true, Shutterstock will have to live with amateur level content. Buyers will figure this out sooner than later. It is very sad what happen here. 239 pages and not even an answer od dialog. Very poor...

¿ Cuantos contenidos ha perdido SS desde el cambio de las comisiones?

1 hour ago, Jasmin Awad said:

Jose, seriously, why not take a break. People here have enough brains to make their own decisions.

If they want to upload elsewhere or turn off files here, why do you care?

Nobody will start uploading again about whatever you post or write.

You can annoy but you cannot influence anyone.

I understand that as an editorial photographer it all works for you, because your running costs are minimal. 

But other artists invest heavily in their production.

So their math is not yours.

Please step aside and allow those affected to talk in peace.

Somehow he has disabled the ignore users option....instead you get to go to his awful portfolio.  I found a way around it...go to someone else...click on disable...a box will come up where you can add someone else. Just start to type Jose H....in the box and his full name will come up.   You don't have to disable the one you clicked on if you don't wish to. 

No quisiera aguar la fiesta con Adobe, llevo allí algunos años, poco a poco he ido subiendo el % de ventas anual, pero a partir de Junio mis ventas han caído un 25 %.

Regla comercial,  + oferta e igual nº de compradores = - ganancias. 

Es posible que dentro de bastante tiempo los compradores de SS busquen contenido en otros lugares, adobe está bien situada, pero pasará tiempo, mientras el exceso de oferta procedente de SS hará que las ventas bajen para nosotros.

¿Soluciones? ¿Crear una empresa con contenido exclusivo? El contenido exclusivo serian las fotos que tenemos buenas, que son las que vendemos y claro a un precio muy superior y las que no vendemos dejarlas en SS?