Jump to content

New earnings structure for Contributors


Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, Adam__K said:

I'm glad for you. 

Again, I've been published in Lonely Planet, UNESCO too, El país (Spain), Times Travel, Rough Guides, VICE etc. But most of them were 0.38 sales, now would be 0.10. 

First of all, we do not live of the huge respect we get, but of our earnings. 

Second, if you use your real name, I guess it can be some kind of advertising for your work, but a generic Thomas Andreas without surname is a joke when it comes to promote yourself between your colleagues 

It would be really funny to see if SS in the end of the day decides to readjust the payment schedule, in this case it will only be fair for poeple likle Thomas, Jose, Dutchman and stockphotofan to reject the offer and stay with current payment system, since they defend it so vehemently. If 10 cents work from them, let them have it forever.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In an email that is going out today, we are announcing that we will be updating the earnings structure that determines how much you get paid when customers license your work. We are making this adjust

This is just a joke. 10 years with SS and now I'll be getting 20% commission on my footage clips??? No lifetime sales tier, just what you sold last year/this year.... To get to the curr

This space will be updated to address frequently asked questions.  My email shows different counts for videos than are shown above. Which is correct? Apologies. The email to video contributo

Posted Images

1 minute ago, eskystudio said:

It would be really funny to see if SS in the end of the day decides to readjust the payment schedule, in this case it will only be fair for poeple likle Thomas, Jose, Dutchman and stockphotofan to reject the offer and stay with current payment system, since they defend it so vehemently. If 10 cents work from them, let them have it forever.

 

And let them enjoy January 1st sales 😂😂😂

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Adam__K said:

Since you only agree with stockphotofan1, i guess you consider him the only other professional here (and his portfolio can speak about this) 

I agreed with stockphotofan1 approaches in mathematics and graphs because they are mathematically accurate. I also believe that he has at least some right to fight the ones attacking him personally back. Sometimes he gets carried away, but it can happen. I've been in his shoes. About his port, it can definitely use some improvement. But if he keeps at it, it will.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Thomas Andreas said:

And to tell you about the value. My images have been used in Forbes, The Verge, El Mundo (Spain), Bild (Germany), Fujitsu and Unesco, just to mention a few examples

Let's say you've got an enhanced photo published in Forbes, and you've got 30 dollars in June. 

You agree that Forbes can buy the same image in may, at the same price but you get 15 dollars for it? 

Explain us why that is fair. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Thomas Andreas said:

agreed with stockphotofan1 approaches in mathematics and graphs because they are mathematically accurate

Matematically accurate over 29 sales in 10 days. Let's be complete with the information. 

He's not shutterstock with the millions of sales. And he has never shown any detail of them. All his statistics was based on real 29 sales, of which we don't know the real breakdown of the earnings. It can be mathematically totally accurate, but not representative of anything 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Adam__K said:

Let's say you've got an enhanced photo published in Forbes, and you've got 30 dollars in June. 

You agree that Forbes can buy the same image in may, at the same price but you get 15 dollars for it? 

Explain us why that is fair. 

Didn't you notice that Level 5, EL actually increased 5%? So in what calculation do you think that $30 + 5% makes $15? ...

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Adam__K said:

Matematically accurate over 29 sales in 10 days. Let's be complete with the information. 

Yeah, they keep using this 'scientific' approach for scientifically unproven data.
Another great argument was that 3% of votes is enough to predict an election resutl (we've seen how this played out for Hilary), and the next weird assumtion based on the previous erroneous statement is - so 3% of days in the month with the new system is enoigh to make correct predictions for future earnings. 
I'm not even sure what to tell them - go back to school, learn mathematics, or just stop trolling.
Since none of the previous options would work, the only one that I see working - is keeping my sanity and placing them on the ignore list.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm saying it again because we need to repeat and insist.

I disabled the sales of my images. I hope we'll all do the same, big or small players. We must unite and stop this abusive corporate behavior.

WE MUST ALL DO THIS. COME ON PEOPLE, WE CAN.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Adam__K said:

Matematically accurate over 29 sales in 10 days. Let's be complete with the information. 

He's not shutterstock with the millions of sales. And he has never shown any detail of them. All his statistics was based on real 29 sales, of which we don't know the real breakdown of the earnings. It can be mathematically totally accurate, but not representative of anything 

He is accurate for himself with his 29 sales and he also produced a model that compared low level performance based on random distribution of clients. You could check it since it's hopeful actually.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Thomas Andreas said:

Didn't you notice that Level 5, EL actually increased 5%? So in what calculation do you think that $30 + 5% makes $15? ...

Let's not make rhetoric and reformulate the question: are you ok to get 35% now and 15% in January for the same photo that is sold to the same customer at the same price?

Are you ok that in January shutterstock takes much bigger percent for themselves? 

If you move away from the topic again, it will be clear you're a trolllll

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Thomas Andreas said:

He is accurate for himself with his 29 sales and he also produced a model that compared low level performance based on random distribution of clients. You could check it since it's hopeful actually.

His random distribution system is not respecting my reality at all. 

100 % of 0.10 sales, and I had more sales than him before disabling portfolio. 

As with my case, it seems that his perfect mathematic model is not reflecting the reality of most contributors. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Adam__K said:

Let's not make rhetoric and reformulate the question: are you ok to get 35% now and 15% in January for the same photo that is sold to the same customer at the same price?

Are you ok that in January shutterstock takes much bigger percent for themselves? 

If you move away from the topic again, it will be clear you're a trolllll

The short answer is no, because I too value my retention and I would be pro-12-month average. The long answer I've written in page 223 I think.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Adam__K said:

His random distribution system is not respecting my reality at all. 

100 % of 0.10 sales, and I had more sales than him before disabling portfolio. 

As with my case, it seems that his perfect mathematic model is not reflecting the reality of most contributors. 

Did you save a screenshot of your port since you deactivated and I can't see what the heck you are selling? I am also a buyer of stock and could maybe help you out with a couple of tips. For real.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Thomas Andreas said:

Did you save a screenshot of your port since you deactivated and I can't see what the heck you are selling? I am also a buyer of stock and could maybe help you out with a couple of tips. For real.

Thanks for the help. I sell well elsewhere, it's just a matter of principle. 

Can't show you my portfolio but you can say to Stan i can send it to him. 

If you really appreciate stockphotofan1's work, i don't think you're able to help me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, kokixx said:

I'm saying it again because we need to repeat and insist.

I disabled the sales of my images. I hope we'll all do the same, big or small players. We must unite and stop this abusive corporate behavior.

WE MUST ALL DO THIS. COME ON PEOPLE, WE CAN.

Thanks Kokixx!   I took mine already down June 2nd.  With 10 cents earning per picture nobody can pay the cost for creating the content.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, graphicline said:

It will increase. content buyers will gradually get there in a year. because the content is going there quickly.

Very true, Shutterstock will have to live with amateur level content. Buyers will figure this out sooner than later. It is very sad what happen here. 239 pages and not even an answer od dialog. Very poor...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...